Lowton Friday May 11th - Lookback

So here's the description on the tin...........................

It's got everything you could want from a Northern night. Lowton is a venue made for Nothern Soul! The main room is big, dark, and mostly dancefloor with a raised stage at the top end and superb acustics, so you are 'enveloped' in the sound. Accross the event and just for you there's ;-

CHOICE of MUSIC - Two Rooms....Room One QUALITY oldies and todays big plays coupled......Room Two The DDA! Stonkin Rare Soul, forgotten GEMS and Super Soulful Selections. Plus the Record Bar....looking for that ellusive 45 You'll probably find it here with up to 20 record dealers and collectors regularly selling and swapping.

ATMOSPHERE - Over 400 appriciative, friendly Soul Music fans enjoying the music we love It's a great night out and a superb social event - Every Month

THE SOUND - Listen to the music through a quality sound system in both rooms......Hear the Rythmns, Feel the Beat!

ACCESIBILITY - 5 mins from the M6, 3mins off the East Lancs Road A580 HAYDOCK ISLAND, 10 Mins from the M61 and 15 Mins from the M60/62 sitting right in the middle of Manchester, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens

PARKING - Secure parking for over 250 cars in its own grounds

TIMES - 8pm - 2am

ADMISSION - Only £5.00

DONT TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT...............................

"anorther great night at Lowton on Friday."

"Brilliant Night.........Night over too soon"

"Another top nite at Lowton"

"Wow...What a Fantastic Night!"

"What a great night out it was at Lowton, Brilliant to see this fantasic venue back on form"

"Loved It"

LOWTON CIVIC HALL - HEASKETH MEADOW LANE - LOWTON - Nr WIGAN

So did last night do what it says on the 'tin' ? Well i'll try to give one perspective cause I spent all my time in the main room last night, so Joan on the DDA guys will have to tell you about the second room later.

First of all it was a busy night, so that's always good but more than that, everyone I talk to comments on how Lowton is back to 'the old days' now that's not 'Wigan days' or 'Torch days' that's 'Lowton's days' doing what Lowton has always done, playing great Soul music to an appriciative crowd, and that certainly was the case last night.

Nev was playing familiar sounds early doors as people where arriving with a mix of 60's and 70's and by 9pm the main room was busy will more and more people arriving thru the night. Next on was 'Local' collector Kev McCue whos selections included, The Paramount Four, Shepperds, Traits, Bobbettes, Linda Elliot, Honey and the Bees and Fran Jeffries all of which sounded great over the new sound system. Next up was Kev Murphy with a great selection of floor pleasers and Lowton favourites including The Del Tours, Carressors, Danny Woods, Paulette and the Sonatas. I followed Kev with this intention of getting maximum floor reaction, which was achieved with the likes of Curly Moore, Gerri Hall, Charles Farren, Tony Galla, Karmello Brooks, Eddie Spencer, Skip Jackson, Barbara Carr, Two People and TJ Williams.

Then came the main guests of the night Andy Dyson and Dean Anderson! Both Andy and Dean are regular guests at Lowton and have an excellent rapport with the crowd there, as a result the last two hours were filled with music that generally you would not really expect to hear at a regular Soul night and I did not hear a bad record in the two hours. What I did hear was a selection of tunes that would have graced the speakers at any of the top all-nighters. Quality Uptempo Nothern Soul! Playlists to follow.......

2am came all too soon and the end of another great night at Lowton. So, as it says on the tin, Atmosphere, Choice of Great Music loads of records for sale and a great social crack. Good to see Sam, Guy Hennigan, Chalky, Bob Hinsley, Carol Mc, Robbo, Dave R, Malc W, Geoff W and Steve Barr.

As I say did really get in the DDA much but heard it was v busy, so guys over to you...................

Edited by BazM
  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another top night at Lowton :thumbsup: Very busy record bar, always the busiest of the monthly venues, lots of quality vinyl for sale

Main room was rockin from early doors, superb atmosphere, plenty of dance floor action to the choice tunes being played.

Enjoyed the majority of sounds being played by the DJs, but must give a special mention to Kev McCue who played a blinding hour of generally underplayed tunes and kept the dancers happy!

Well done Kev your selections were appreciated by many, i've not seen the dancefloor so busy early doors before!

cheers Paul

Edited by soul45s

Excellent night last night, good mixture of sounds to an appreciative floor which was full all night. As Paul said the record bar one of the best and busiest about with plenty of sellers every time.

Credit to Kev and Baz for providing one of the best soul nights in the country :thumbsup:

Had a really nice night as well. Nightmare prep. locked out fr flat had 2 wear crappy danceshoes so not that much danced.( strange if your often on the d-floor norm. it seems to annoy. some people the times your not... can never win... ) +70pence but big thank to Chris and Carlos for helping me out and for excellent spots from Chris and the others. Wasnt in main that much but sounded good from Andy and the others as well. :thumbsup:

Had a really nice night as well. Nightmare prep. locked out fr flat had 2 wear crappy danceshoes so not that much danced.( strange if your often on the d-floor norm. it seems to annoy. some people the times your not... can never win... ) +70pence but big thank to Chris and Carlos for helping me out and for excellent spots from Chris and the others. Wasnt in main that much but sounded good from Andy and the others as well. :thumbsup:

Your welcome Olaf !! I guess another busy weekend so maybe there'll be some action on here when everyone's recovered !

From my point of view I had an ACE TIME once again at Lowton and it was a great pleasure to be asked to play a few tunes by The DDA gang (Karl,Joan & Paul) I thoroughly enjoyed myself...that's a bit of an understatement !!!!

Top tunes from all concerned some great stuff from Ian Cunliffe !! Usual quality from The DDA !I wondered into the main room a couple of times which was really buzzing, great crowd as always and had loads of chinwags with friends..love the social side of this venue!

York crew...yer mad and I luv ya ! See y'all at Cleethorpes. Thankyou to everyone who gave me such great feedback on my selections I'm so glad you enjoyed the tunes and sorry but can't remember everyone who asked for CDs so please remind me if your reading this.

I'll post a playlist later ...Thanks to Baz M,Kev & All The Lowton Crew for a Top Night !!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

If you've never been to Lowton I recommend you get down and give a try - sure you won't be disappointed - something for everyone. These day's I spend most of the night in DDA room as it offer's something a bit different which is always a good thing in my book :rolleyes: Quite of lot of uptempo which suits me to a T - but some fantastic mid-tempo too, infact a great mix and always get to hear records I've not heard before - the passion and enthusiam from the dj's, always makes the atmosphere in this room spot on :thumbsup:

Spent a lot of time going through to the Main hall to catch up with friends and spent the last 2 hours listening to top sets from Andy and Dean - My timing for the ladies couldn't have been worse - as miss judged the start of Andys set and he started with the fantastic dancer - Bobby Valentine - and my all time fav - Hayes Cotton from Dean - the full dance floor delayed me getting my feet on the floor for a few precious seconds, as I made my dash back from the ladies - but I made it on both occassions and danced my way to soul heaven :ohmy:

Till next time....

Karen

Guest melandthensome

I would like to add it was great meeting up with EZZIE BROWN and his mate.........

also great to see IAN CUNLIFFE again.........

and the others Ive known from down the years like DEAN/GUY/ROGER/ANN/MICKEY/the inst to the COOPERETTES made my night.......and almost broke my neck going up on the dancefloor also not forgetting my 2 good pals TONY AND JOAN......

Almost didnt make it due to my ex-wheel mate who almost took us over a wall on the way......crazy mother........LOL.jeeze and good to see TOMMY from our town plus many others.....

mel :rolleyes:

another fantastic night at lowton ,it certainly does do what it says on the tin,great to see good friends old and new,a great crack ,i just wish it would go on a bit longer what do ya reckon bazM :rolleyes: Great sets from all dj,s and i really enjoyed ur sounds chris well done m8 :thumbsup:

another fantastic night at lowton ,it certainly does do what it says on the tin,great to see good friends old and new,a great crack ,i just wish it would go on a bit longer what do ya reckon bazM :rolleyes: Great sets from all dj,s and i really enjoyed ur sounds chris well done m8 :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve :ohmy: So much I wanted to play and like ya say just not enough time...but not complaining !! Top Top night !!!! That's Double Top !!!

I would like to add it was great meeting up with EZZIE BROWN and his mate.........

also great to see IAN CUNLIFFE again.........

and the others Ive known from down the years like DEAN/GUY/ROGER/ANN/MICKEY/the inst to the COOPERETTES made my night.......and almost broke my neck going up on the dancefloor also not forgetting my 2 good pals TONY AND JOAN......

Almost didnt make it due to my ex-wheel mate who almost took us over a wall on the way......crazy mother........LOL.jeeze and good to see TOMMY from our town plus many others.....

mel :rolleyes:

wish I'd known you were there Mel. I was up on the stage with Mickey, Dean, Guy and co.

.....thanks Steve, a good summary. Captain Morgan did the business and I was up to the decks to check what he was playing on more than one occasion. Thanks too, to Ian for gracing our decks. There has been so much chat and writing about what this scene has to be. The words uptempo and 60's keep coming up. Im glad to say we had a great variety of brilliant music in the DDA room on Friday, ranging through uptempo, mid tempo, 60,s, 70,s and a few beat ballads. The best description is 'music to move your soul and your feet'....Which is what it did.!! Thanks to Joan, Karl and all who came to support. Great to see Eileen and Chas out again!

Heres my play list, in no order whatsoever.. :ohmy:

LITTLE DONDI - Ive Forgot To Get Myself Together

FUNDAMENTALS - Let Me Show You The Way

WAYNE CARTER - Mad Mouth Woman

CAPTIONS - Turn Out The lights

DON HART - Soldier Coming Home

DESIRES - Oh What A Lonely Night

ELI THE PROPHET - Take A Little Give A Lot

TIM ROSE - I Got A Lonliness

RAY and the BEL-AIRES - The Blame Is On You

GENE CHANDLER - Think Nothing About It

LEONARD ADAIR - That Smile Upon Your Face

DARRYL CARTER - Looking Straight Ahead

BOB and GENE - Sailboat

STAN DEVEREAUX - Sad Tomorrow

CARRIE CLEVELAND - I Need Love

WALTER JACKSON - After You There Can Be Nothing

WILEY WILEY - Just Be Glad

SUNDAY - Aint Got No Problem

DON VARNER - When Its Over

MARTHA BRANCH - You

WALKER WILSON - Nothing But Time

MAJORS - Lost In The City

TANGEERS - This Empty Place

SINCERES - Girl, I love You

THIRD WISH - You Gotta Believe

JONATHON CAPREE - Gonna Build Me A Muntain

JOEY IRVING - Can You Handle Me Baby

JOHNNY McCALL - I Need You

TNT BAND - Meditation

JOHNNY KING and the FATBACK BAND - Peace, Love Not War

DELLA REESE - My World Is Empty Without You

TOM, EMMANUEL and RON EXPERIENCE - When You lose Your Groove

See You At The Next One!! :lol:PAUL-S

Great nite as usual spent all nite in the DDA Room managed to trade a couple of 45,s got the Invaders -The best is yet to come which i had been after for a while of Malc Worsley and traded again with Phil T , all the usual suspects knockin around in the DDA Room bought Karen a pernod to cheer her up after her Car mishap in the carwash last week :rolleyes:

Heard some teriffic tunes from all the DJ,s forgot how good ,Your a puzzle is great tune Joan. :ohmy:

All in All top nite with top soulies with great tunes all round..Heard the main room was Rockin big style as well good un guys!

Did two half hour spots which i found hard could,nt really get into doin short spots had so much to play and little time to play em but did mi best fitting several request into my first spot for Canada Kev and Carl, Fred n Walt anyway heres my plays best i can remember............ :thumbsup:

Spot#1

FRANK FOSTER--HARLEM RUMBLE==TRI-ODE

VINCE APOLLO--I BEAR WITNESS==PENTAGON

KNIGHTS--IVE GOT THE FEELING==U.S.A

THE IDOLS--CHECK--HER OUT==U.S.A

BILLY KENNEDY--THIS IS A GROOVEY GENERATION==THELMA

MELVIN DAVIS--FIND A QUIET PLACE (And Be Lonely )==WHEEL CITY

CAROL ANDERSON--TAKING MY MIND OFF LOVE==WHIP

MASQUERADERS--HOW==La Beat

MONIQUE--IF YOU LOVE ME (Show Me )==MAURCI

FLASH McKINLEY--I,LL RESCUE YOU--BOMBAY

DUSTY WILSON--CANT DO WITHOUT YOU==BRONSE

MOMENTS--YOU SAID--DEEP

=====================================================

Spot #2

LILLIE FIELDS--CHANGES--Unissued Pied Piper

THE HONEY BEES--LETS GET BACK TOGETHER--GARRISON

THE CAPITOLS--I CANT DENY THAT I LOVE YOU--OMEN

THE SOUL SHAKERS--YOUR TURNIN--TERI DE

HONEY & THE BEES--DYNAMITE EXPLODED--ARCTIC

FRANK BEVERLY & THE BUTLERS--BECAUSE OF MY HEART--FAIRMOUNT

THE INSPIRATIONS--YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND--MIDAS

THE NEW WANDERERS--THIS MAN IN LOVE--READY

THE HAMILTON MOVEMENT--SHES GONE--LOOK OUT

PURPLE MUNDI--STOP HURTING ME BABY--CAT

THE MONZAS--YOU KNOW YOU TURN ME ON--MOON

RONNIE WALKER--NOW I CRY (OVER YOU )--IMPACT ACETATE

THANKS FOR A GREAT NITE !!!

XXX Ian Cunliffe

Great nite as usual spent all nite in the DDA Room managed to trade a couple of 45,s got the Invaders -The best is yet to come which i had been after for a while of Malc Worsley and traded again with Phil T , all the usual suspects knockin around in the DDA Room bought Karen a pernod to cheer her up after her Car mishap in the carwash last week :rolleyes:

Heard some teriffic tunes from all the DJ,s forgot how good ,Your a puzzle is great tune Joan. :ohmy:

All in All top nite with top soulies with great tunes all round..Heard the main room was Rockin big style as well good un guys!

Did two half hour spots which i found hard could,nt really get into doin short spots had so much to play and little time to play em but did mi best fitting several request into my first spot for Canada Kev and Carl, Fred n Walt anyway heres my plays best i can remember............ :thumbsup:

Spot#1

FRANK FOSTER--HARLEM RUMBLE==TRI-ODE

VINCE APOLLO--I BEAR WITNESS==PENTAGON

KNIGHTS--IVE GOT THE FEELING==U.S.A

THE IDOLS--CHECK--HER OUT==U.S.A

BILLY KENNEDY--THIS IS A GROOVEY GENERATION==THELMA

MELVIN DAVIS--FIND A QUIET PLACE (And Be Lonely )==WHEEL CITY

CAROL ANDERSON--TAKING MY MIND OFF LOVE==WHIP

MASQUERADERS--HOW==La Beat

MONIQUE--IF YOU LOVE ME (Show Me )==MAURCI

FLASH McKINLEY--I,LL RESCUE YOU--BOMBAY

DUSTY WILSON--CANT DO WITHOUT YOU==BRONSE

MOMENTS--YOU SAID--DEEP

=====================================================

Spot #2

LILLIE FIELDS--CHANGES--Unissued Pied Piper

THE HONEY BEES--LETS GET BACK TOGETHER--GARRISON

THE CAPITOLS--I CANT DENY THAT I LOVE YOU--OMEN

THE SOUL SHAKERS--YOUR TURNIN--TERI DE

HONEY & THE BEES--DYNAMITE EXPLODED--ARCTIC

FRANK BEVERLY & THE BUTLERS--BECAUSE OF MY HEART--FAIRMOUNT

THE INSPIRATIONS--YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND--MIDAS

THE NEW WANDERERS--THIS MAN IN LOVE--READY

THE HAMILTON MOVEMENT--SHES GONE--LOOK OUT

PURPLE MUNDI--STOP HURTING ME BABY--CAT

THE MONZAS--YOU KNOW YOU TURN ME ON--MOON

RONNIE WALKER--NOW I CRY (OVER YOU )--IMPACT ACETATE

THANKS FOR A GREAT NITE !!!

XXX Ian Cunliffe

TOP DRAWER IAN :lol:

Guest melandthensome

wish I'd known you were there Mel. I was up on the stage with Mickey, Dean, Guy and co.

Yeah

would of liked to of met you mate.......

I was talking with dean and guy at the door when Dean came off the stage.............

Next time mate........ :ohmy:

IAN CUNLIFFE........

there was 1 absolute stomperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that you played mate that really got me wanting to know what it was.Sounded DETROIT AT ITS BEST MATE............

Great spot as you always do whenever I hear you at a venue.......

next time beware because Smokey and myself are planning a night soon........ :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Excellent night last night, good mixture of sounds to an appreciative floor which was full all night. As Paul said the record bar one of the best and busiest about with plenty of sellers every time.

Credit to Kev and Baz for providing one of the best soul nights in the country :rolleyes:

Hi Chalky, good to talk to you on Friday. Thanks for the kind words and your support

All the best

BazM

IAN CUNLIFFE........

there was 1 absolute stomperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that you played mate that really got me wanting to know what it was.Sounded DETROIT AT ITS BEST MATE............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes--Lillie Fields..unissued Pied Piper got it via Rob Thomas the guy with all the fantastic unissued tunes ect ect ect

Got to admit when i first heard it several years ago i nearly creamed in mi jeans :rolleyes:

How something that good never got issued is criminal......................................

IAN CUNLIFFE........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes--Lillie Fields..unissued Pied Piper got it via Rob Thomas the guy with all the fantastic unissued tunes ect ect ect

Got to admit when i first heard it several years ago i nearly creamed in mi jeans :D

How something that good never got issued is criminal......................................

How you ever got it.....now that is criminal :thumbsup::ohmy::thumbsup: What a record. I'm sure that Ady Croasdale had it originally. I've got to get in touch with Mr. Thomas. wicked.gif

How you ever got it.....now that is criminal :thumbsup::D:thumbsup: What a record. I'm sure that Ady Croasdale had it originally. I've got to get in touch with Mr. Thomas. wicked.gif

================================================================================

===

What is criminal is that SCOOBY DOO has not been to Barnoldswick to chase you and send you back to the Cellar

with the rest of the Chucky Yed monsters................. :ohmy:

Great nite as usual spent all nite in the DDA Room managed to trade a couple of 45,s got the Invaders -The best is yet to come which i had been after for a while of Malc Worsley and traded again with Phil T , all the usual suspects knockin around in the DDA Room bought Karen a pernod to cheer her up after her Car mishap in the carwash last week :thumbsup:

Cheers Ian, Pernoid n black always help my dancing feet kick in, well that's my theory n I'm sticking to it :D Should have been me buying you a drink, since I walked straight past you at Burnley, not like me - must be going blind now as well as deaf rolleyes.gif Car being sorting by Insurance company so not too worried.

Bearsoul - it's that Miss Brock thats the main mad Yorkette, were does she get her energy from I hear some of you ask - Well her secret is afternoon naps :thumbsup: Feel free to ask her about them.... Wish she'd join ss could have a right laugh, been trying to get her to come aboard but not had any success as yet...

Looking forward to the next Lowton...

Karen

Cheers Ian, Pernoid n black always help my dancing feet kick in, well that's my theory n I'm sticking to it laugh.gif Should have been me buying you a drink, since I walked straight past you at Burnley, not like me - must be going blind now as well as deaf :thumbsup: Car being sorting by Insurance company so not too worried.

Bearsoul - it's that Miss Brock thats the main mad Yorkette, were does she get her energy from I hear some of you ask - Well her secret is afternoon naps :thumbsup: Feel free to ask her about them.... Wish she'd join ss could have a right laugh, been trying to get her to come aboard but not had any success as yet...

Looking forward to the next Lowton...

Karen

NAPS ???? GET HER ON HERE...TELL JO I'M SCOUTING FOR THAT TUNE SHE WANTS !!!! YEAH ROLL ON NEXT ONE CU SOON KAREN..NEXT WEEKEND ?

First of all... I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Baz for everything he does for us with the sound system.

I keep trying to tell him how much we appreciate him... but I don't think he really listens to me... can't think why... :thumbsup:

Anyway... THANKS FELLA! :thumbsup:

To our guests... Ian and Chris... what can I say... thank you... thank you... & thank you!

Ian... when I think you can't get any madder... you bloody well do! Great fun... and an honour to boot.

Chris... you played LOADS I didn't know... so bagsy a cd !

Finally... Paul & Karl... love ya's ... and to all who were there... thumbup.gif

BILL SPOON - THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU - HENCE FORTH

KELLY & SOUL EXPLOSIONS-TALKIN BOUT BABYS LOVE- DYNAMITE

PROPHETS - MY KIND OF GIRL - STEPHANYE

SHARON MCMANN - FIND ANOTHER GUY - KAREN

JIVE FIVE - YOU'RE A PUZZLE - UNITED ARTISTS

C.O.D'S - I'M A GOOD GUY - KELLMAC

TALMADGE ARMSTRONG - GI GI - SPINDLETOP

ROSE BATTISTE - I CAN'T LEAVE YOU - THELMA

JJ BARNES - GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF - MICKAYS

DURETTES - SWEET SWEET LOVE - SVR

LARRY WILLIAMS - BOSS LOVIN - OKEH

SANDRA PHILLIPS - WISH I HAD KNOWN - OKEH

STEPTONES - LEAVE US ALONE - BIG JIM

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

FUGITIVES - LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING - PATH

TONY TALENT - GOTTA TELL SOMEBODY - VANDO

PUZZLES - MY SWEET BABY - FAT BACK

CLARENCE JACKSON - DON'T FIT DON'T FORCE IT - VALTONE

MIL EVANS - WHEN I'M READY - TOU SEA

CHARMAINES - KEEP ON SEARCHIN - MINIT

INTERNATIONALS - BEAUTIFUL PHILOSOPHY - D'AR

CHI LITES - SHE'S MINE - BLUE ROCK

ARABIANS - TAKE A CHANCE ON ME - LE MANS

MIL EVANS - GOT TO HAVE YOUR LOVE - CONSTELLATION

CASHMERES - FINALLY WAKING UP - NINANDY

NATRELLES - LOVE HAS JOINED US TOGETHER - VENTURE

JJ BARNES - LONELY NO MORE - MICKAYS

First of all... I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Baz for everything he does for us with the sound system.

I keep trying to tell him how much we appreciate him... but I don't think he really listens to me... can't think why... :thumbsup:

Anyway... THANKS FELLA! :thumbsup:

To our guests... Ian and Chris... what can I say... thank you... thank you... & thank you!

Ian... when I think you can't get any madder... you bloody well do! Great fun... and an honour to boot.

Chris... you played LOADS I didn't know... so bagsy a cd !

Finally... Paul & Karl... love ya's ... and to all who were there... :D

CD NO PROBLEM JOAN ! WILL POST PLAYLIST BUT BIT WHACKED TONIGHT , DO IT TOMMORROW PROMISE ! HAD A SERIOUSLY TOP TIME HOPE TO DO IT AGAIN SOMETIME...ALL OVER TOO SOON thumbsup.gif

Guest kermack

Nice spot Joan, could you do me soundclips of these please,

Thank you

John

WELL HERE GOES.......TUNES FROM MY DDA DEBUT..

9.30 - 10.00

STU GARDNER 'EXPRESSIN YOUR LOVE' CHISA (for Jo & tHE York Crew)

HI -FI WHITE 'BULLDOG' SANDMAN

GARNETT MIMMS 'SOMEBODY,SOMEPLACE' GSF

SISTERS OF RIGHTEOUS 'THAT'S HOW I FEEL' KING

JOE GRAHAM 'BLESSED' CHANT

MAJOR LANCE 'RED HOT LOVERS' PLAYBOY

BOBBY HUTTON 'MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY' PHILLIPS

VOICE MASTERS 'YOU'VE HURT ME BABY' BAMBOO

PROFILES 'A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING' BAMBOO

ELOISE LAWS 'I THINK YOU NEED LOVE' unissued

JOHHNY WILLIAMS 'LOVE DON'T RUB OFF' PIR

CHUCK BROOKS 'TWO PLACES' GSF

WILLIAM HUNT 'WOULD YOU BELIEVE' STREAMSIDE

UNKNOWN 'YOU KNOW HOW LOVE IS' MUSETTE unissued

11.30 - 12.00

CHUCK SIBIT 'HEY GIRL' ULTRA-CLASS

NEWPORTS 'SHE REALLY WAS TRUE' C/U

JOYCE JONES 'HELP ME' VEE EIGHT

REGGIE SOUL 'I FEEL SO BAD' RED BALLOON RECORDS

LARRY DAVIS 'THE MAGIC IS GONE' DECCA

E.T.WHITE 'LOOSEN UP' GREAT POTENTIAL

TONY ALVON ' DON'T BE NO DRAG' ATLANTIC

FURYS 'DREAM' LIBERTY

MILTON FLOYD 'HUNGRY FOR LOVE' CAB

APOLLAS 'SORRY MAMA' LOMA

RAY LEWIS 'WRONG NUMBER' SMASH

FAITHFULL WONDERS 'OL'JOHN' CHECKER

CASH McCALL 'YOU CAN'T TAKE LOVE' THOMAS

DELLS 'WEAR IT ON OUR FACE' CHESS

THAT'S ALL FOLKS :thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul

First of all... I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Baz

================================================================================

==

GREAT TUNES THERE YOUNG LADY !!! JJ BARNES --LONELY NO MORE One of my all time favs Detroit Magic !!!

Yip i second that emotion about the hard work Baz Maleedy puts in sound systems spot on :thumbsup:

Me mad :rolleyes: it must be all those years knockin around with Pete Lawson thats done it.......................

Rose Battiste--i just cant leave you fantastic tune from a 14 year old what talent !!! its one 45 i would never sell

out of my dj box................

xxx Ian C

THAT'S ALL FOLKS :thumbsup:

==========================================================

VERY NICE INDEED, VERY NICE INDEED !!! TOP MAN TOP TUNES............... :rolleyes:

CHEERS IAN . BUT I DID HIT THE FLOOR MORE THAN ONCE WHEN YOU PLAYED..LOVED IT :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blimey thats someone else i have to pay for dancin to my 45,s :rolleyes:

another fantastic night at lowton ,it certainly does do what it says on the tin,great to see good friends old and new,a great crack ,i just wish it would go on a bit longer what do ya reckon bazM :thumbsup: Great sets from all dj,s and i really enjoyed ur sounds chris well done m8 :rolleyes:

Just like to say that I really enjoyed Lowton last friday. Its been a year or so since I last went & the DDA room was a refreshing change. Met up with a few people enquiring about my forced hibernation from the scene recently, who were unaware about my Diabetes. Well things are "picking up" a bit for me now health wise, so as Primbrook Skiggs once said.....that was yesterday.....I'm on the mend & hoping to become more active again from now on !

Regards to All Ritchie. :rolleyes:

Just like to say that I really enjoyed Lowton last friday. Its been a year or so since I last went & the DDA room was a refreshing change. Met up with a few people enquiring about my forced hibernation from the scene recently, who were unaware about my Diabetes. Well things are "picking up" a bit for me now health wise, so as Primbrook Skiggs once said.....that was yesterday.....I'm on the mend & hoping to become more active again from now on !

IT WAS REALLY GOOD TO SEE YOU AND WISHED WE'D SPOKEN MORE BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT IS ..I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHAT TO PLAY...WHICH PUT IN CONTEXT JUST ISN'T REALLY THAT IMPORTANT WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS WELLBEING....SO SORRY FOR THAT AND REALLY HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER MATE...YOU'LL BE FINE RITCHIE ! IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN THAT TO KNOCK YOU DOWN SEE YOU SOON :thumbsup:

THAT'S ALL FOLKS :rolleyes:

==========================================================

VERY NICE INDEED, VERY NICE INDEED !!! TOP MAN TOP TUNES............... :rolleyes:

CHEERS IAN . BUT I DID HIT THE FLOOR MORE THAN ONCE WHEN YOU PLAYED..LOVED IT :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blimey thats someone else i have to pay for dancin to my 45,s :unsure:

....Quite a few of us Diabetics on the scene...hence D.D.A. (Dancing Diabetics Association!) :thumbsup:

I keep trying to tell him how much we appreciate him... but I don't think he really listens to me... can't think why... whistling.gif

Anyway... THANKS FELLA! thumbsup.gif

Joan.......no need to metion it, just happy to be able to help :thumbsup:

From the looks of the playlists brilliant tunage in the back room on Friday, just couldn't get in there with yapping to Mr McCue and Co in the big room, but looking forward to next month already.

Been working over the weekend so sorry for such a late post.

Looks like everything's been said about Friday, so I'll just thank our two guests this month, Chris Morgan and Ian Cunliffe, great spots guys!!!!!!!!!

Just a few that I played in no order

Tony Diamond---Don't turn away---Blue rock

Louis Curry---I'll try again tomorrow---MS

Cody Black---Going going gone---Ram-Brock

Ikettes---Whatcha gonna do---Phi-Dan

Gene Chandler---Fool for you---Constellation

Experts---My love is real---Jo-By

Esquires---My sweet baby---Hotline

Major Lance---Too hot to hold---Okey

Variations---I wanna take you uptown---Right-On

Silky Hargraves---Hurt by love---D-Town

Four mints---You want to come back---Holiday

Paul Smith---Aint that something---Jacklyn

Perfections---Am I gonna lose you---SVR

Vontastics---You can work it out---St Lawrence

Dream Merchants---Stop you're breaking my heart---Renee

Bob Collins---My one and only girl---Main line

Cliffhangers---Since you've gone away---K-CAE

Bob Brady---Illusion---Chariot

Bobby Sansom---Don't leave---Sublime

There were more but memory again has failed me.

Joan and Paul magic as ever.

Big big thanks to Baz M for that great sound he gives us at Lowton.

Hope to see you all next month. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE DDA.

Brilliant night, one of the best I've been to at Lowton.

Great tunes in both rooms, my biggest problem was worrying about missing out on what was being played in the room I wasn't in!!!

Well done Kev,Baz,Joan

Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Thanks George........ Good to see you there glad you enjoyed the tunes, it's what its all about

Kev McCue has asked me to post his playlist from the night, so here goes.....

Tony Clarke / Landslide

Judy Street / What

Derek & Ray / Interplay

Sharonettes / Papa ooh maw maw

Nana Mouskouri / cover up

R Dean Taylor / Ghost in my house

Beryl Reid / cover up

Flirtations / Little darling

Diana Foster / Im gonna share it with you (rare white vinyl)

Lonnie Donegan / cover up

OOPs...sorry, thats the wrong list!! :wicked:

This is the correct list....lol st1\

Playlist for Lowton Fri 11th May :huh:

patti austin someone's gonna cry

radiants i'm glad i'm the loser

lorraine chandler what can i do

inspirations touch me, hold me, kiss me

the gees it's all over

fran jeffries gone now

yvonne baker my baby needs me

honey & the bees why do you hurt.........

the bobbettes having fun

paramount four you don't know......

the lovables you can't dress up a broken heart

the shepards little girl lost

clara wood you're after my guy

ann heywood crook his little finger

barbara mercer so real

the de vons someone to treat me......

the blue lights they don't know my heart

linda elliot fell in love with you baby

irene & the scotts i'm stuck on my baby

the traits too good to be true