Pemberton Centre, Rushden

:thumbsup: Had a really good night, thanks Jem,Steve,"Leonard"(tee hee, I saw it on your school report Andy showed me last night....what a scream that is Len!!)

Good to meet you Chad, glad you enjoyed your spot....pity I missed most of it, but hope to hear some of your stuff sometime n see you out somewhere soon no doubt!

My calves are kiiling me this morning I must say...my dog doesn't seem all that sympathetic though! :thumbsup:

Oh yea, Shaz (as in Baz n Shaz from P'boro) if you're reading this hun,you are sacked from the all-girl group....don't give up the day job! laugh.gif

xx

Edited by Delasoul
  • Replies 26
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just to say thanks to everyone that came along! To our guest DJ's for the night, Woody, Dave, and Len, thanks for some great tunes!

I guess due to the foul weather we didn't have our usual late comers so numbers were slightly down on our last 2 but judging by the dance floor everyone seemed to have a great time.

Ash and Chad did really well for 2 young lads playing for the first time imho.I'm sure this is just the start of a great future for them.

Jem and myself are now taking a well earned rest (apart from a few guest appearances here and there). We will be back at the Pembo in October when we will be changing to a Saturday night! We have booked a few dates into next year and will post these up along with DJ line ups shortly.

Again guys, thanks to all of you for making this venue one of the biggest and best in the county.

Cheers, Steve.

It was nice to meet you last night Tabs, I hope you and your crew had a good time! If you didn't, it was your own fault cos the music was excellent! :yes: Well done to all the DJ's especially young Ash on his first DJ spot! :P

It was good to meet you as well my friend.

What a cracking night.

A superb mix of sounds from ALL the DJ's.

I just thought all the DJ's complemented each other with their varied playlists.

I don't know about singing this morning I was singing along last night, but I'd never describe my voice as a laark. :thumbsup:

Definitely a venue I'll be coming back too.

Very nice to meet and chat with Mr and Mrs Soul and Dave and his soul widow!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

For those who want a top class night this is an event I'd recommend without hesitation.

Best

Tabs

It was good to meet you as well my friend.

What a cracking night.

A superb mix of sounds from ALL the DJ's.

I just thought all the DJ's complemented each other with their varied playlists.

I don't know about singing this morning I was singing along last night, but I'd never describe my voice as a laark. :thumbsup:

Definitely a venue I'll be coming back too.

Very nice to meet and chat with Mr and Mrs Soul and Dave and his soul widow!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

For those who want a top class night this is an event I'd recommend without hesitation.

Best

Tabs

Joking aside...i'm glad ya all had a good time....must get there next time it is on....really does sound like my type of night...god i feel worse then ever now...but somehow must drag myself to Art class now... :yes::P ....Delxx

Well after a stern pep talk from Mr.Dave Rimmer last night i have taken his advice and ended my recent sabatical from Soul Source....whats that boo hiss :thumbsup: ...enough already.

Anyway to matters in hand, firstly big thanks to Dave, Woody and crew for making the trip down to Northants again ( you guys certainly cover some miles) ..what can i say! cracking tunes from you both and a pleasure to have you at the Pemberton for the first time....Lou we didnt get to play the you know who :yes: track did we...how are you feeling today? heard you had a bit of a moment last night hope all is ok and you are well.....Woody was great to hear you playing Hytones ( know it meant a lot to ya mate)

Also thanks to Len Dopson, returning to DJ. for a second time at the Pembo, why he,s so popular i just dont understand :D ....seriousley thanks Len lovely spot with a great mix of real SOUL. nice to hear you playing one of your latest purchases Kell Osborne- Quicksand...top tune :P

Young Ash & Chad...great debut spot guys...worked the floor well early on with some great tunes..TWO LOCAL YOUNG LADS 18 & 27 respectively, how refreshing is that :yes: .. they will definitely be back !!...the only depressing part is that there combined ages still make them younger than Steve Brown....how old do you feel mate :( ....talking of the Great Mr. Brown...well done Sir! a great early spot that practically wrestled the floor into action....with the likes of Pat and the Blenders etc. (when are you gonna turn that record over mate) :yes:

All in All a great night i thought for those that attended even if a little low on numbers for various reasons including those bloody rainstorms, think the final count was about 160ish but as Steve has already mentioned think the change to Saturdays for future events will help......like Steve I am looking forward to a summer break now ...but look forward to our future dates at the Pembo...we have some great Djs and a few suprises lined up for those nights ....so please watch this space ...and dont forget the August alldayer at the Pembo ( ROCK FOUNDATION REUNION ) .with original djs plus myself as guest and a host of others ....should be a blinder !! :thumbsup:

Well after a stern pep talk from Mr.Dave Rimmer last night i have taken his advice and ended my recent sabatical from Soul Source.

Hurrah :thumbsup:

Woody was great to hear you playing Hytones

:(:thumbsup:

Also thanks to Len Dopson, returning to DJ. for a second time at the Pembo, why he,s so popular i just dont understand :D ..

Because he plays....Your My Leading Lady....just for moi

Young Ash & Chad...great debut spot guys...worked the floor well early on with some great tunes..TWO LOCAL YOUNG LADS 18 & 27 respectively, how refreshing is that :yes: .. they will definitely be back !!..

Hope so...always look forward to viewing buvking youg stallions with large boxes :yes:

.the

All in All a great night i thought for those that attended even if a little low on numbers for various reasons including those bloody rainstorms, think the final count was about 160ish but as Steve has already mentioned think the change to Saturdays for future events will help......like Steve I am looking forward to a summer break now ...but look forward to our future dates at the Pembo...we have some great Djs and a few suprises lined up for those nights ....so please watch this space ...and dont forget the August alldayer at the Pembo ( ROCK FOUNDATION REUNION ) .with original djs plus myself as guest and a host of others ....should be a blinder !! :yes:

Tell ya what..if i open up my chef's case of knives..feel free to pick the ones to stab me with....yes whilst i was in my sick bed....everyone was enjoying themselves :P |I need a hug sleep.gif:( ....still poorly Delxx

JUST GOT TO SAY WHAT A GREAT NIGHT WE HAD AT PEMBERTON , THE VENUE IS SOMETHING ELSE.IT WAS NICE TO BUMP INTO FELLOW SOUL SOURCERS.THANKS TO JEM AND STEVE FOR GETTING US BACK TWAS A REAL PLEASURE GUY'S ,GREAT TO MEET LEN AND THE LOVELY NINA AGAIN.WE ARE ALWAYS MADE TO FEEL RIGHT AT HOME WHEN DOWN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS SEE YOU SOON GUY,S WOODY

JUST GOT TO SAY WHAT A GREAT NIGHT WE HAD AT PEMBERTON , THE VENUE IS SOMETHING ELSE.IT WAS NICE TO BUMP INTO FELLOW SOUL SOURCERS.THANKS TO JEM AND STEVE FOR GETTING US BACK TWAS A REAL PLEASURE GUY'S ,GREAT TO MEET LEN AND THE LOVELY NINA AGAIN.WE ARE ALWAYS MADE TO FEEL RIGHT AT HOME WHEN DOWN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS SEE YOU SOON GUY,S WOODY

shout.gifshout.gifshout.gif:yes: ...Delxxx

Tell ya what..if i open up my chef's case of knives..feel free to pick the ones to stab me with....yes whilst i was in my sick bed....everyone was enjoying themselves :yes: |I need a hug sleep.gif:thumbsup: ....still poorly Delxx

Have to sympathise with you entirely there ....i missed Lens last Embankment do . due to the lurgy!.ref those young stallions! i can vouch for Ash and his large box...you see he takes after his Dad in that department :P:thumbsup:

Have to sympathise with you entirely there ....i missed Lens last Embankment do . due to the lurgy!.ref those young stallions! i can vouch for Ash and his large box...you see he takes after his Dad in that department :yes::(

:thumbsup::thumbsup::yes: Ooops is that your son???.... :P ....Delxx

ohmy.gif:thumbsup::wub: Ooops is that your son???.... :thumbsup: ....Delxx

:thumbsup::lol::lol: ...no problem!....oh to be young and attractive to the opposite sex again... im jealous :D ...yes he is one of me boys...but think he was trying to keep it a secret .....ruined his cred now havent i.....tttttt parents :no:

WELL!!!!!!

so impressed with this venue, its a fabulous building, massive, and I mean massive dancefloor, I personally think this is going to take off big style, well worth the journey, we just managed to catch the young lads end spot, and they played some really good stuff, we should all encourage these youngsters, we need these type of guys to come to our scene, they can carry on where we left off....I had a fab nite, the music was good, a real mix, and not 100 mile an hour stuff all nite, was nice to see everybody dancing to the Hy-tones!!!

My moment? I have them quite often, and there not drink related!!!

its my leg that pains me, and yes , wanted to play that record, woody needs to keep out my box!!!

great to catch up with mAArk, sorry I patted your head LOL. and lovely to meet TABS, a real soulie!!from the old school, like me.

so yeah!! stick my neck out, this is gonna be a big big venue, got so much potential, and could make a real good niter???? see you all June 2nd I hope.

laugh.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup: ...no problem!....oh to be young and attractive to the opposite sex again... im jealous :lol: ...yes he is one of me boys...but think he was trying to keep it a secret .....ruined his cred now havent i.....tttttt parents :lol:

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree...Babe. :thumbsup: ...he must be proud of you to want to DJ at a do that you have co- organised.....glad that he enjoyed it.....Delxx

Great to hear you had a fair turnout , we had a recent storm at are last brisbane gig & it effected are numbers down to 52 .

I would like to ackowledge Jem in all the brilliant surport handing out flyers ect , ect for the coming up Alldayer re union bash on August 5th & my excuse to celebrate my 50th in my home town , born & grew up in Rushden , ya don't forget where ya come from & dam proud of it.

The dj roster was done 12 months ago and at this stage they are all as advertised except for one inclusion due to my sun bleeched & fosters induced excuse for a brain ,i emitted a very important part of the rock , so Antony ( tank) Horne will also be d'jing ( my apoligies mate).

One lad who sadly is no longer with us Russell ( rugg) Bowers records will be spun by anorther local lad in respect of what a brilliant dj Rugg was in the days of the rock.

All profits will go to the M.S Society so i am really hoping for a good turn out . regards John

Said it before so I won't labour the point but what a great night.

The crap that went on a few weeks ago about Northamptonshire being a vipers nest is just that.....total crap.

For a really friendly up for it crowd there's few places that can beat it

In no particular order, Woody, Len. Dave and the young 'uns played some blinding spots.

Mrs Soul's review says it all.

If you have the oppourtunity then please get there, you won't regret it.

PS Len - I'm holding you to our deal :thumbsup:

Best

Tabs

PPS When I meet you Del I'll give you a hug.

I promise it won't be rib breaking experience!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I'll just add my thanks for a great night as well. Great venue, good crowd, and big thanks to Len for selling me a record for £30 and a pint of lager, because I've just seen someone else selling a copy on SS for £125 :thumbsup::thumbsup:ohmy.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice to see you back on here Jem, at the end of the day, it's only a night out and not worth getting wound up about. Do what you do, and let others worry :thumbsup:

and big thanks to Len for selling me a record for £30 and a pint of lager, because I've just seen someone else selling a copy on SS for £125 :thumbsup::thumbsup:ohmy.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Differnt lable, much rarer on that unless len sold you it on that lable and you got a bargain :thumbsup:

The crap that went on a few weeks ago about Northamptonshire being a vipers nest is just that.....total crap.

In no particular order, Woody, Len. Dave and the young 'uns played some blinding spots.

PS Len - I'm holding you to our deal :thumbsup:

Best

Tabs

Thanks Babe....yes i am feeling a lot better.....hopefully meet up soon okay....hugs back to you too sweetheart.....cya Delxx

PS Len - I'm holding you to our deal :lol:

Best

Tabs

Hi Tabs , thanks for the plug :ohmy: glad you had a good time and ref. your other comments...spot on could'nt agree more...enough said :rolleyes: forgetting my obvious bias as i co promote this event in my view and others that have attended the Pembo i think that it is the perfect place for a large soulnight...just seems to have the right feel about it ...if that makes sense!....of course you need the numbers but we have had as many as 250+ in the place and theres still been room on the dancefloor....nice to really let rip on the floor and not bump into any one :dance: sometimes...anyway thanks for your support hope you can make the next one.......ps. my apologies to those that made requests in my spot at the end that i didnt play....just could'nt get them all in which was a shame cos. some were personal faves as well...sorry :thumbsup:

Great to hear you had a fair turnout , we had a recent storm at are last brisbane gig & it effected are numbers down to 52 .

I would like to ackowledge Jem in all the brilliant surport handing out flyers ect , ect for the coming up Alldayer re union bash on August 5th & my excuse to celebrate my 50th in my home town , born & grew up in Rushden , ya don't forget where ya come from & dam proud of it.

The dj roster was done 12 months ago and at this stage they are all as advertised except for one inclusion due to my sun bleeched & fosters induced excuse for a brain ,i emitted a very important part of the rock , so Antony ( tank) Horne will also be d'jing ( my apoligies mate).

One lad who sadly is no longer with us Russell ( rugg) Bowers records will be spun by anorther local lad in respect of what a brilliant dj Rugg was in the days of the rock.

All profits will go to the M.S Society so i am really hoping for a good turn out . regards John

Hi John how you doing mate....still pouring it down in good old blighty...let me guess sunny in Aus :thumbsup: ...bumped into your Sis on Friday had quite a long chat...also sold a few tickets for August most of the locals i spoke to are really up for this....gathering momentum now ....wont be long :rolleyes:

I'll just add my thanks for a great night as well. Great venue, good crowd, and big thanks to Len for selling me a record for £30 and a pint of lager, because I've just seen someone else selling a copy on SS for £125 :lol::lol::D:ohmy::ohmy:

Nice to see you back on here Jem, at the end of the day, it's only a night out and not worth getting wound up about. Do what you do, and let others worry thumbsup.gif

I'VE JUST GOT ONE FOR 15 QUID :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi John how you doing mate....still pouring it down in good old blighty...let me guess sunny in Aus :thumbsup: ...bumped into your Sis on Friday had quite a long chat...also sold a few tickets for August most of the locals i spoke to are really up for this....gathering momentum now ....wont be long :thumbsup:

Jem . Always sunny soon be winter 26c today always sunny but dry as a nuns------------ cat 5 water restrictions which means 4 minute showers . Tickets mate nice one, i have held 200 back so locals get first crack then its open slaver first in best in best dressed . I know the overseas djs are getting excited and for those who dont know Antony gabby Beeby he first visited the rock in 76 about 12 at the time then he emigrated to california 78 & was recently involved in the soul trip usa when it was held there few yrs back , hopefully he can drag Nancy yiro & Gabrielle from italy over too .

Most of you know Dave Moore Hitsville soul club top man for his surport .

Stephen Bardsleyfrom melbourne will be an unknown to ya all bit info https://home.iprimus.com.au/stephenbardsley/index.htm

big effort flying from Melbourne best john