Belfast Soul Club

Guest kevnewry

Guest kevnewry

Just thought i'd do a wee review of last night at BSC in the Errigle Inn.

Before all that though,there has been a lot of talk on the forums about new blood not coming onto the "scene",last night would totally blow that out of the water.

By 10pm the place was packed with not just the regular Soulies,but with people of all ages right across the board.

The main factor in all this was every person there were genuinly enjoying top class Soul at it's very best.

I spoke to many people from youngsters in their late 20's to a couple of people who were totally blown away by the whole thing.

"We had no idea that anything like this was going on in Belfast" was the general concensus.

To an old Soulie like me,that does your heart good, many more converts were made last night I think.

Anyway... Phil Shields and Liam Quinn started things jumpin with some crackin new tunes where they get the money for these is beyond me :thumbsup: Roger who's sets are just getting better and better played some brilliant stomping RnB.

A massive BSC thank you to Sue from the Isle of Man who's set was bang on mixing some great oldies with modern floaters,hope you will return soon Sue.

The whole night was magic from start to finish with Phil Shields ending the night with a big favourite of mine at the moment The Precisions "such misery".

Im sure they will post up the playlists

Northern and rare Soul is a very healthy dog here in Belfast,long may it continue.

KTF Kev :thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest jo65

Nearly had to miss the night due to feeling a bit poorly, but after two hours :thumbsup: I thought to myself well come tomorrow you'll be even more fed up about not going...so glad I did,as it was a top night and the DJs kept the people happy.. was great to have Sue over and :dance: behind the decks!!

Had promised myself to take it easy..but just can't do the sitting thing ....well boy am I paying for it :rolleyes:

indeed Kev it was another great nite.

great to see Mark T in belfast again.

i played to much to list but heres a few i remember playing early doors.....

the determinations bing bong king.

ron & the embracers you came into my heart spectrum.

big dons rebellion it was true ethon.

gail anderson be proud salvadore.

the temptones girl i love you arctic.

silky hargreaves love lets try it again wheelsville.

jimmy soul clark i'll be your winner soulhawk.

the ravin mads where is love ravin.

the del counts with another guy soma.

james conwell the girls of today 4j.

cynthia & the imaginations hey boy blue rock.

ray & dave wrong wrong wrong mica.

dusty wilson its gonna be a tradegy mutt.

:thumbsup: see you all next time

Guest kevnewry

This man is so modest :thumbsup: Phil if you get a chance post up your full playlist mate.

I just wish i had half of what your collection's worth my friend :thumbsup:

Guest jo65

:thumbup:rolleyes.gif

Phil is a gentleman.. always makes sure I get home safe after a night out...

I'll stand him a cappuccino and a yummy bun up at the airport on our trip

over to the next Rugby night :lol:

Would be good to have you over again Chris!

Guest kevnewry

Good to see the feedback Kev,long may it continue..Phil Shields is a good bloke indeed yes.gif

All the best

Steve

Cheers Steve, Just delighted Belfast is going so well mate,think the new venue's a big help.

Hope to see yourself and Lydia over again soon :thumbup:

:thumbup:rolleyes.gif

Phil is a gentleman.. always makes sure I get home safe after a night out...

I'll stand him a cappuccino and a yummy bun up at the airport on our trip

over to the next Rugby night :lol:

Would be good to have you over again Chris!

THAT AN INVITE JO? I WOULDN'T TAKE MUCH PERSUADING :lol: WHEN ARE YOU OVER AT RUGBY AGAIN ? CHIC IS ON THE 2nd JUNE SHOULD BE A FAIR CREW THERE. I'M ON 8th SEPT (which is hopefully an all-nighter)

Chris M :lol:

Guest kevnewry

YER RIGHT HE;S FAR TOO MODEST..TOP MAN !!!!! MUST GET OVER SOON LOVED MY FIRST VISIT !!!

CHRIS M :thumbup:

You dont need an invite your WELCOME ANYTIME CHRIS thumbsup.gif

If Rugby's an allnighter in September i'll be there myself :lol:

You dont need an invite your WELCOME ANYTIME CHRIS :thumbup:

If Rugby's an allnighter in September i'll be there myself :lol:

I'LL CHECK DATES OUT ON BELFAST WEBSITE..PRETTY SURE SIAN SAID SEPTEMBER IS NIGHTER, I'LL CHECK RUGBY WEBSITE.. thumbsup.gif I'M WRONG...SITE SAYS MANAGEMENT OF VENUE AGREED TO ALL DATES BEING NIGHTERS IN 2008 BUT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE BEFORE.

Edited by bearsoul
Guest jo65

THAT AN INVITE JO? I WOULDN'T TAKE MUCH PERSUADING :lol: WHEN ARE YOU OVER AT RUGBY AGAIN ? CHIC IS ON THE 2nd JUNE SHOULD BE A FAIR CREW THERE. I'M ON 8th SEPT (which is hopefully an all-nighter)

Chris M :thumbsup:

Something tells me Chris that you seem to get out a lot .. do you have a time machine?

just don't know how you manage it...

Would be great if you could make it across to Belfast for the Anniversary in October

as we are having 2 Alldayers :sleep3:

Will maybe see you before then as Phil and myself will be at Rugby 2nd June :thumbup:

Something tells me Chris that you seem to get out a lot .. do you have a time machine?

just don't know how you manage it...

Would be great if you could make it across to Belfast for the Anniversary in October

as we are having 2 Alldayers :lol:

Will maybe see you before then as Phil and myself will be at Rugby 2nd June :thumbup:

Hope to cu at Rugby but it's a team decision ! No Time Machine and No money after all the gallavanting lately..but had some great laughs, met great people and have plenty of memmories stockpiled for when i'm sat in The Northern Soulies Retirement Home dribbling in my bath-chair listening to piped compilations of whatever we're being force-fed :thumbsup:

Defo doing Anniversary may be over before..who can say.....Bank Manager probably!!!!!!

CnC :sleep3:

Edited by bearsoul

You are right Chris, soz everyone but no all-niters till 2008, then it's full steam ahead....

But we do have some good after parties at ours.... :thumbsup:

Been looking at flights already for the October anniversary, so look out Belfast, here we come.

Don't think we will all fit in your car this time Phil.... :wicked:

WILL BE AT ANNIVERSARY FOR SURE , AND RUGBY BEFORE SEPT I HOPE FOR ONE OF THESE INFAMOUS PARTIES :thumbsup:

Guest kevnewry

You are right Chris, soz everyone but no all-niters till 2008, then it's full steam ahead....

Been looking at flights already for the October anniversary, so look out Belfast, here we come.

Don't think we will all fit in your car this time Phil.... :thumbsup:

See you lot in October then and Phil's just bought a bus :wicked:

Guest Budgie

Hi Kev,

Can you let us have some dates and details for the Anniversary as I'm sure we'll be trying to get over for it.

All the best

Pete & Hilary

Guest jo65

Don't think we will all fit in your car this time Phil.... :thumbsup:

I think you will need to get the playpen from the attic..

as "the kids" can get a bit mischievous not_i.gif ...

And if we run outa room on the bus, i'll attach a canoe onto the roof of my KA..

hey presto a double decker!!

Guest kevnewry

Hi Kev,

Can you let us have some dates and details for the Anniversary as I'm sure we'll be trying to get over for it.

All the best

Pete & Hilary

Hi Pete, Two alldayers Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th October one of us will post up dj's times etc very soon, just make sure yourself and Hilary get over. A big Belfast welcome awaits..

Guest kevnewry

WHO'S ON?

TIG!!! YOU ARE!!!

Sorry Chris how adolescent of me lol....

I'm workin here with no left click on me mouse,as said times and d'js etc will be posted up soon but i know we got Guy Hennigan,and i'm sure Phil and Liam have a few more surprises up their sleeves.

All in all it promises to be a cracker!

TIG!!! YOU ARE!!!

Sorry Chris how adolescent of me lol....

I'm workin here with no left click on me mouse,as said times and d'js etc will be posted up soon but i know we got Guy Hennigan,and i'm sure Phil and Liam have a few more surprises up their sleeves.

All in all it promises to be a cracker!

YOU MEAN I'M ON IT AS IN TICK :lol: ALL EXCITED FOR A BRIEF MOMENT THOUGHT YER MEANT I WAS ON THE BILL FOR A MINUTE shhh.gif I'M VERY CHEAP..IT'S NOT JUST A RUMOUR :D
Guest jo65

YOU MEAN I'M ON IT AS IN TICK :lol: ALL EXCITED FOR A BRIEF MOMENT THOUGHT YER MEANT I WAS ON THE BILL FOR A MINUTE :lol: I'M VERY CHEAP..IT'S NOT JUST A RUMOUR whistling.gif

YOU CHEAP..NNNOOOOO..

BE SEEIN YA IN BELFAST THEN CHRIS :lol:

XJO

Guest kevnewry

YOU MEAN I'M ON IT AS IN TICK :shhh: ALL EXCITED FOR A BRIEF MOMENT THOUGHT YER MEANT I WAS ON THE BILL FOR A MINUTE :huh: I'M VERY CHEAP..IT'S NOT JUST A RUMOUR :thumbsup:

I have no doubt you'll be behind the decks in Belfast come October Chris thumbsup.gif

The Directors will make an announcement soon i'm sure :thumbsup:

Guest jo65

Chris keep the 13th and 14th of October frreeee

Know that it is a while away so pencil Belfast in...

what you need is 24 months a year and a sharpener rolleyes.gif

xxjo

what you need is 24 months a year and a sharpener rolleyes.gif

xxjo

I'LL BE THERE !!!! AND IT'S IN PEN ! YEAH NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY etc A SHARPENER IS ALWAYS WELCOME ......LAST YEAR WAS AN ABSOLUTELY CRACKING WEEKEND...MET SO MANY GREAT PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW FRIENDS , FRANKLY I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS YEARS SHINDIG..... :D

CHRIS M

top man captain morgan thumbsup.gif

its a long way off but djs confirmed so far are

Guy Hennigan

Dave Rimmer

Denise

Colin Law

Chris Morgan

Danny Duggan

Paul Grant

and residents Big Rog, Lil and me.... :D

and i'm sure we'll add a few more names, looking like another crazy weekend.

no where did i park that bus......... :D

Guest kevnewry

top man captain morgan :wicked:

its a long way off but djs confirmed so far are

Guy Hennigan

Dave Rimmer

Denise

Colin Law

Chris Morgan

Danny Duggan

Paul Grant

and residents Big Rog, Lil and me.... :sleep3:

and i'm sure we'll add a few more names, looking like another crazy weekend.

no where did i park that bus......... :yes:

And there you go... told you one of the directors would be along shortly with an announcment :lol: AND LOOK CHRIS YOU MADE THE ROTA MATE :D

And there you go... told you one of the directors would be along shortly with an announcment :D AND LOOK CHRIS YOU MADE THE ROTA MATE :yes:

i givum a bung guv ! appens all the time in this game.......sorry thought this was the Footie corruption thread.....what corruption is that then :wicked:

what you need is 24 months a year and a sharpener :D

xxjo

Hi Jo, our flights are booked now, leavin 12th returning 15th :shades: Looking forward to another soulfull weekend :yes::wub: and more Mexican stories :D:D

Carlos

Edited by 7daylover

And there you go... told you one of the directors would be along shortly with an announcment :wub: AND LOOK CHRIS YOU MADE THE ROTA MATE :shades:

Hi Kev, booked flights as above :D Any idea about hotels close to venue? :D Ta

Carlos

Edited by 7daylover
Guest jo65

Hi Jo, our flights are booked now, leavin 12th returning 15th :D Looking forward to another soulfull weekend :yes::wub: and more Mexican stories :D:D

Carlos

Good man Carlos :shades: and making a long weekend of it.. so you will have time to do one of those open top bus tours, and I will join you both as even though I live here iv'e not ventured far :D

I will try to get a few names and phone numbers of hotels and put them up..

whats wrong with a bed and breakfast? are you posh :P

xxjo

Good man Carlos :D and making a long weekend of it.. so you will have time to do one of those open top bus tours, and I will join you both as even though I live here iv'e not ventured far :wub:

I will try to get a few names and phone numbers of hotels and put them up..

whats wrong with a bed and breakfast? are you posh :shades:

xxjo

I know when we fone aound, you usually get a discount for a long weekend with hotels but the B & B's have set rates each night.

But yes, they are right posh compared to us lot.....we are looking for floorboards at someone's house.... :D

I know when we fone aound, you usually get a discount for a long weekend with hotels but the B & B's have set rates each night.

But yes, they are right posh compared to us lot.....we are looking for floorboards at someone's house.... :wub:

:D Lol, just like Woody n Dublin??? :yes: Yeah, last time we stayed round the corner from the venue, dead easy to crawl back after the do :D with the added advantage that the hotel bar was still open!!! :shades: We looked at the same hotel again and it is cheaper to stay for 3 nites than 2, but its gone up to 98 quid a nite :D So it will be great to have your help to find 1 that is close to the new venue Jo, Kev n Phil Ta. :D:D Its a yes to the open top bus tour, last time didnt see much other than bars :P

Carlos

Guest kevnewry

:yes: Lol, just like Woody n Dublin??? :lol: Yeah, last time we stayed round the corner from the venue, dead easy to crawl back after the do :thumbsup: with the added advantage that the hotel bar was still open!!! :wicked: We looked at the same hotel again and it is cheaper to stay for 3 nites than 2, but its gone up to 98 quid a nite :thumbsup: So it will be great to have your help to find 1 that is close to the new venue Jo, Kev n Phil Ta. :D:P Its a yes to the open top bus tour, last time didnt see much other than bars :P

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Our tourism and hospitality department will get you's sorted with a nice little place to rest your weary heads :thumbsup: .Lookin forward to seeing you both in Belfast. That new bus of Phil's is gonna be busy in the coming months,but dont think he will want to cut the roof off in October,not in Belfast anyway,be nice maybe in Cancun :D .

Guest kevnewry

Bit of a trend setter that Woody.... :wicked:

Four beds and he picks the floor.... :wicked:

Horizontal Dancing for the serious Soul fan :wicked:

Guest jo65

But yes, they are right posh compared to us lot.....we are looking for floorboards at someone's house.... :wicked:

Now when you say your looking for floorboards at someone's house ...get yourself to Homebase they do a decent range :wicked:

I will do my best to look after you Sian when you visit us :wicked:

xxjo

Guest kevnewry

Please don't take me to Homebase.... :D ....I'm alergic to shopping.... yes.gif

Much better deals at b&q and they deliver.... just like the BSC. tongue.gif .