Soul Picture Sleeves

I was just wondering if anyone was intrested in posting up their picture sleeves for everyone to see.

I love to see 40 year old Soul picture sleeves and you just don't see that many about do you.

Its great to see vinyl turn up in good condition but when it has the original sleeve aswell............just that bit extra special for me!!

Has anyone got the sleeve that came with "The Metropolitan" by "the Jaguars" as I have never seen that!

What other rare and unusual picture sleeves are out there???

Scanners at the ready people, Lou Johnson, Liz Verdi, Ray Pollard please, It would be great to see them all :yes:

Here are a couple of mine, the obvious ones!

post-6465-1178975870_thumb.jpgpost-6465-1178975920_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1178975958_thumb.jpgpost-6465-1178975990_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1178976028_thumb.jpgpost-6465-1178976062_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 168
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I was just wondering if anyone was intrested in posting up their picture sleeves for everyone to see.

I love to see 40 year old Soul picture sleeves and you just don't see that many about do you.

Its great to see vinyl turn up in good condition but when it has the original sleeve aswell............just that bit extra special for me!!

Has anyone got the sleeve that came with "The Metropolitan" by "the Jaguars" as I have never seen that!

What other rare and unusual picture sleeves are out there???

Scanners at the ready people, Lou Johnson, Liz Verdi, Ray Pollard please, It would be great to see them all :yes:

Here are a couple of mine, the obvious ones!

post-6465-1178975870_thumb.jpgpost-6465-1178975920_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1178975958_thumb.jpgpost-6465-1178975990_thumb.jpg

post-6465-1178976028_thumb.jpgpost-6465-1178976062_thumb.jpg

Here's a nice one fom one of t'boxes at chez Burton ......

Malc Burton

ac_cover.bmp

Social source share

That's it people :yes:

Don't they look fantastic up on here!

Love the Magnificent Men sleeve and "forever together" is a great tune..........and the Madeline Bell.........and the Major..................off to get some ink for the printer!!!

Fair play bearsoul.......great site, i will have a proper look tommorow, never seen your site before :P

Edited by mossy
Social source share

I am seeing and loving loads of amazing picture sleeves of soul 45s/eps that I have not seen before..............this is the best thing about being a member of Soulsource..............................sharing! :thumbsup:

Well on the way to getting my front room finished.................Soul wallpaper anyone? thumbsup.gif

Fantastic scans, and thanks to everyone for taking the time!!!!!

Social source share

Great thread this mossy :thumbsup:

Malaykas posted up some blinders........ wheres that "I Want You" one from? I have 2 picture sleeves both different to that one

Want to join in but don:t know how to post pictures. Anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers Paul

post em up in J peg.........the site does the rest!!! thumbsup.gif

post-6465-1179018064_thumb.jpg

And not forgetting the best new tune this year...........with cover!!!

post-6465-1179020423_thumb.jpg

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Great thread this mossy :thumbsup:

Malaykas posted up some blinders........ wheres that "I Want You" one from? I have 2 picture sleeves both different to that one

Want to join in but don:t know how to post pictures. Anybody point me in the right direction?

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul

Marvin Gaye is a german one....

Malayka

Social source share

Therarest of them all is:

Mary Wells - When I'm Gone - Motown

45 was never issued but the sleeve certainly exists.. anyone ever seen it?

some rare ones I've had in recent years..

The Monzas

The Jaguars

Commands

They are really neat ones but I've sold 'em now... I think a page in price guide 5 of the really rare USA ones would look super-cool.. if anyones got any "stunners" send 'em on in 300 dpi to John@raresoulman.co.uk

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Therarest of them all is:

Marty Wells - When I'm Gone - Motown

45 was never issued but the sleeve certainly exists.. anyone ever seen it?

some rare ones I've had in recent years..

The Monzas

The Jaguars

Commands

They are really neat ones but I've sold 'em now... I think a page in price guide 5 of the really rare USA ones would look super-cool.. if anyones got any "stunners" send 'em on in 300 dpi to John@raresoulman.co.uk

Morning John

The trouble with many of the rarest one's is that they look average. As they are done on little budgets, bit like the recording themselves :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!