Eddie Wilson

Mak

Today I recieved via the postman a copy of EDDIE WILSON - TOAST TO THE LADY - TOLLIE. I have a demo copy (all white), but my new copy is on purple and white label (promotional copy) .Can someone tell me if the values are the same please

Edited by MAK
Social source share

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Today I recieved via the postman a copy of EDDIE WILSON - TOAST TO THE LADY - TOLLIE. I have a demo copy (all white), but my new copy is on purple and white label (promotional copy) .Can someone tell me if the values are the same please

Yes, I have one of these also. I have been told it is an 80's bootleg, but can't find evidence one way or the other. I notice there is one on Ebay now, with a price tag of £135. That suggests it's not a bootleg, but can anyone help?

Social source share

Yes, I have one of these also. I have been told it is an 80's bootleg, but can't find evidence one way or the other. I notice there is one on Ebay now, with a price tag of £135. That suggests it's not a bootleg, but can anyone help?

Hi John,

hope you are well?

I have the white demo which I bought years ago in the time of the old King. innocent.gif

It has a Monarch stamp on it and the matrx number 54680 which equates to around November 1964. So that sounds kosher to me. Perhaps the coloured ones should have similar markings?

I remember the purplish ones appearing and heard that they were boots although I can offer no further evidence than the above I'm afraid.

Best,

John.

Social source share

Nothing sinister.

The plain WD and plain yellow stock copies are Monarch stamped West Coast styrene presses.

The mauve/white demo and multi-coloured stock copies are ARP stamped East Coast vinyl presses.

:rolleyes:

Yep, I used to have the multicoloured label as shown earlier (one of my favourite label art designs actually) and I got it from John Anderson's front page focus on one of his lists in the 70's, so deffo orig. I would have thought.

Jordi

Social source share

Yep, I used to have the multicoloured label as shown earlier (one of my favourite label art designs actually) and I got it from John Anderson's front page focus on one of his lists in the 70's, so deffo orig. I would have thought.

Jordi

I think the only thing sinister regarding this is the Jobette spelling or should that be mis-spelling?

But there's been plenty of mis spellings and print errors on those old 45's over the yrs to prove mistakes do happen .

Just remembered Jordi ,i have records to parcel up...................................whistling.gif

Social source share

Nothing sinister.

The plain WD and plain yellow stock copies are Monarch stamped West Coast styrene presses.

The mauve/white demo and multi-coloured stock copies are ARP stamped East Coast vinyl presses.

THERES ALSO MULTI COLOURED STOCK ISSUE, MONARCH PRESS WITH DELTA 54680 ACCORDING TO POPSIKE :rolleyes:

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Nothing sinister.

:thumbsup:

I have a multi-coloured west coast vinyl stock copy that has a MR stamp and delta # 54680x,so that means they must have pressed both styrene and vinyl copies at Monarch.

Dave f.........

Social source share

I have a multi-coloured west coast vinyl stock copy that has a MR stamp and delta # 54680x,so that means they must have pressed both styrene and vinyl copies at Monarch.

Out of interest, does this one (or any of the West Coat presses) have any other machine stamps -ie ARP, Nashville Matrix etc?

This could lead to confirmation of which company mastered it, and which one pressed it...or both?!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Out of interest, does this one (or any of the West Coat presses) have any other machine stamps -ie ARP, Nashville Matrix etc?

This could lead to confirmation of which company mastered it, and which one pressed it...or both?!

:D

No not on my copy,just the Monarch stamp and there delta number.

Dave f...........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!