United Sound Of Soul

Well its only 7 weeks til the next United Sound of Soul @ The Emporium, in Holmes Chapel with another great DJ line up. This time we have Kenny Burrell, Alex Jones, John Weston Plus Maria Willingham, what more can I say this is set to be another fantastic nite.

Thanks to everyone who attended the last one we were overwhelmed by the turnout for the first one and hopefully you will all join us again and bring a few mates along on the 30th June.

Cheap bar prices with some great guest ales, also food available behind the bar for those that can manage it, the nite runs from 8 - 2, we have now secured bookings for the rest of the year and will be running the nite every 2 months.

Admission is a fiver yes I know thats a quid more than last time, but with a DJ line up like this it's well worth the money, and to be honest though were not out to make money, we just like to pay the djs what they deserve..

For further info please contact either

Kev on 01928 829878 or

Martyn on 01543 462470

The United Sound of Soul

The Emporium

Station Road

Holmes Chapel

CW4 8AA

Cheers Munchkin

• Replies 74
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Weve had quite a few e-mails already so things are looking good, also managed to secure longer hours so the bar will now close at 2am and the nite will end at about 2.30ish. For any record dealers that will be coming along we will keep the table at the end of the room next to the bar same as last time.

Were really looking forward to this and meeting up with those who supported us on the first nite and hopefully some new faces as well.

Kev

post-501-1179491685_thumb.jpgJust thought i'd stick these up Kev...love good graphics and these are Top !! Oh I quite like a good bit of Soul too , went to first one....absolutely cracking night and excellent venue..and did I mention it's my Birthday :yes:

Hi Chris

Thanks for putting the flyer on, weve got a great poster as well will be bringing a couple to Middleton on Saturday. Might have to bring a cake on the 30th.

Sharon

RECKON I SHOULD BE SAMPLING SOME OF THAT THERE 'BEARSTOWN' BEER............... AND I NEED A NEW PAIR OF PUMPS !!!!! SO LOOKS LIKE THE PLACE TO BE :P

PMSL

your too sharp mr morgan, you looked very smart last nite,

noticed you didnt have your pumps on

Just popped into the club to meet the new manager, really nice guy,and well up for it.....

noticed the club has signage stating the AP club on entrance to the carpark...

checked with manager and it will no longer be called emporium. Nothing changes for us except we now have a 2.oclock bar asnd 3.oclock finish.....

Edited by munchkin

Bump

Second thoughts I'll let you know about the free CD on the door kindly compiled by John Weston for first 50 thru the door be early as last time we ran out.

Av listened to it and wow what a great treat you're all in for, hope to see some of you on the 30th. Cheers John for the CD.

Munchkin

Guest Dale

Now Kev great to see the dj line up for this event, woud'nt be anywhere else.

Really sorry missed the last one heard some great feedback thou.

See you all their.

Dale

Bump

Second thoughts I'll let you know about the free CD on the door kindly compiled by John Weston for first 50 thru the door be early as last time we ran out.

Av listened to it and wow what a great treat you're all in for, hope to see some of you on the 30th. Cheers John for the CD.

Munchkin

A national treasure is our John... and what a line up... only a fool would turn up late ... CAN'T WAIT! :rolleyes:

Thought I'd post a small selection of tunes which will be on the free CD for the first 50 through the door tracks kindly supplied by John Weston

Wayne Carter - Mad mouth woman - .

Willie Tee - i peeped your hole card

Dynamites - Frenchy the tickler

Marva Whitney - things gotta get better

Papa Bear + Cubs - Your so fine

Ripple Blast Singers - Sadie Sadie

Tyn Tymes - Baby, i love you

Voices Inc - Thinkin

As we ran out quickly last time early arrival guarantees a cd plus the chance to listen to Kit.

Hope to see you there.

Munchkin

Thought I'd post a small selection of tunes which will be on the free CD for the first 50 through the door tracks kindly supplied by John Weston

Wayne Carter - Mad mouth woman - .

Willie Tee - i peeped your hole card

Dynamites - Frenchy the tickler

Marva Whitney - things gotta get better

Papa Bear + Cubs - Your so fine

Ripple Blast Singers - Sadie Sadie

Tyn Tymes - Baby, i love you

Voices Inc - Thinkin

As we ran out quickly last time early arrival guarantees a cd plus the chance to listen to Kit.

Hope to see you there.

Munchkin

sorry haven't been before Kev, defo coming down for this one pal! thumbsup.gif

ATVB

Phil

had great time at the last one, the music was superb, and with that line up, it will be a cracker of a nite, did somebody mention birthday? :lol:

Were really looking forward to Saturday what an awsome line up, dj's will be given a free hand to play what they like same as last time. Oh and dont forget about the birthday boy, cake and candles ordered.

Sharon

ohhh... not long now...

This is a cracking venue... if you didn't get along for the first one you missed a belting night.... can't recommend it enough.

Great venue... fantastic line up... and the best host and hostess you'll find anywhere! :lol:

.... is that enough to get me a cd? :unsure:

ohhh... not long now...

This is a cracking venue... if you didn't get along for the first one you missed a belting night.... can't recommend it enough.

Great venue... fantastic line up... and the best host and hostess you'll find anywhere! :yes:

.... is that enough to get me a cd? :D

yours is the first on the pile joan

Hey up Kev we still comming over on Saturday night, cant wait.

Got car full, picking up in York first and then over to Halifax, see yer all saturday.

Dale

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT YET MATE..I STARTED EARLY..I BLAME MY PARENTS!! BLOODY BEATNICKS :D

well chris..I have a little something for you ?but you will have to wait till sat nite :(

I am looking forward to hearing some classy top notch tunes, its not very often, that DJ,s can play what they want, and you know it will be well worth cocking your ears to!

quality all the way..fabulous!! :D

well chris..I have a little something for you ?but you will have to wait till sat nite :D

I am looking forward to hearing some classy top notch tunes, its not very often, that DJ,s can play what they want, and you know it will be well worth cocking your ears to!

quality all the way..fabulous!! :D

i'm intrigued and just a tad excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Was planning to get up to this, but DJing elsewhere now.

Hope you have a good one Kev.......I'm sure it will be :D

Hi Mace

We'll miss you even though were not sure what you and Johnny B were upto at the last one. Will see you soon have a good nite on Saturday.

Sharon

but seriously, for any soul sourcer,ers that have not ventured to this venue, I can thoroughly recommend, I love nothin but great quality music, and you wont be disappointed in the least, as they say, top drawer stuff!!!and lets hope that mr weston would be kind enough to play me the venturas, along with his other brilliant tunes.

I will give you a clue, now you must think outside the circle! (tick tock)

and thats a very sublime clue... :thumbsup:

A DEMO OF 'TIME'S A WASTING' ? 'IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME' ? HOPE IT'S NOT 'TIM TAM & THE TURN-ONS' :sweatingbullets: ...I'LL ACCEPT A DEMO OF 'TIME' BY MY HERO ????

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU MIDLANDERS!!!!!!!! BIRMINGHAM 'HOME OF THE BLUES'?

but seriously, for any soul sourcer,ers that have not ventured to this venue, I can thoroughly recommend, I love nothin but great quality music, and you wont be disappointed in the least, as they say, top drawer stuff!!!and lets hope that mr weston would be kind enough to play me the venturas, along with his other brilliant tunes.

yes lou i will bring the venturas along with some of these.

ronnie mitchell-hang loose

four darlings-baby youre love is amazing

spartans-i don't need another lover

tyn tymes-baby i love you

divines-i gotta make it

etc

can't wait to play some of these toons,lookin forward to this :thumbsup: great venue and music policy :sweatingbullets:

Edited by spaghetti weston

divines-i gotta make it

etc

can't wait to play some of these toons,lookin forward to this :thumbsup: great venue and music policy :sweatingbullets:

Looking forward to this, first time for me, and gonna bring Him along too :D

divines-i gotta make it

etc

Looking forward to this, first time for me, and gonna bring Him along too :D

Cant wait now looks like it's gonna be another great nite.

Sharon