Anyone Know This..sylvester Boyd On Wjj

Gasher

Anyone other menials like me got one of these in you box or any background info..

I know Dave Thorley,Butch and Sam have copies..

Just dont know if there are a few more out there.

Brilliant x/over dancer from 1973.

Sylvester boyd..I dont want nobody {telling me nothing}

on WLL PRODUCTIONS

any other useful info ie did he do any others..??

get back to me..the gasher

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sound file perhaps please Richie? Edited one is OK if you feel it is necessary. If so send it to chrisherm74@yahoo.com

P.S. did this come out on another label?

Social source share

There's a soundclip on Dave Thorley's Top Dog Records site. I think I'll repeat what I said about this yesterday: probably not a rare record, with at leat one going on ebay last autumn for little or nothing, just an obscure one. Not a very good one, either, in my opinion. Can't see this one having any scene life at all: it has zero charisma and there's nothing out of the ordinary about it. It's a sort of updated blues, like Guitar Ray, but even that comparison implies it's better than it is.

Social source share

Thanx for the info Gareth but Ive got to disagree on the HAS nothing.

I love it.Bouncy x/over dancer that filled the floor first time out in my front room

haha

The one Dave had for sale is the copy I bought.

and also I dont think if it were truly not rare Butch and Sam would have bought copies off Dave for the price they both paid for it

But then again..I MAY BE WRONG..

watch this space...

hear for yourselves..just click the link

https://www.topdogrecords.net/Sound%20Clips/sly.mp3

Social source share

There's a soundclip on Dave Thorley's Top Dog Records site. I think I'll repeat what I said about this yesterday: probably not a rare record, with at leat one going on ebay last autumn for little or nothing, just an obscure one. Not a very good one, either, in my opinion. Can't see this one having any scene life at all: it has zero charisma and there's nothing out of the ordinary about it. It's a sort of updated blues, like Guitar Ray, but even that comparison implies it's better than it is.

link

:) Are you speaking shite or what? Obscure it may be but it does have charisma it just doesnt wash on you. Its a great record so much so I exposed myself to my intoxicated friends as i jumped out of the shower shouting "What the f**k is that" its brilliant!

Personal taste of course- thats what makes the scene revolve

Give me some of your charisma lined tunes that I may not know please to analyse and report! :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!