Hednesford - New Nighter

The second of our joint promotions will not be held at the bretby conference center as unfortunatley as good a venue as it is,the mobile dance floor is to much of a risk for us to take .Co promoter Allan Johnson has found us a new and permanent home for our joint niters at the Aquarius ballroom victoria st,hednesford ws12 5bt.Many thanks to John Barker from jct 11 who are also running there soul nites at this venue,and we are aware of a few teething problems at the first event but can assure everyone that these have all been sorted out.We will be running 3 rooms 9pm start till 7am finish music policy will be same as middleton good soul music from any era.

main room

ROB KAY

JOHN POOLE

DAVE WELDING

ROGER BANKS

TED MASSEY

MICK HOWARD

COLIN WOOD

DAVE RIVERS

DES PARKER

KAREN CRANE

MODERN ROOM

TERRY GEE

JOHHNY KEARSLEY

DAVE HULMES

JAYNE CARTER

AZZA

SOME TBC

3RD ROOM

TBC

Great night andy just over 300 in brill venue top spot for me was karen she held her tits high oops sorry head excellent sounds.

Billy P.S:somehow i got tits on my mind lol

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just arrived home from the new niter in Hednesford.What a fantastic nite from start to finish.

This place ticks all the boxs that a proper soul venue should.

Not a plush place,far from it.large woodendance floor,fairly dimmley lit around the seatin areas.Perfect!Like it should be to create the rite atmophere.

The music policy was accross the board,but had a more rarer approach.And more of an underground feel,like it use to be.

All djs were fantastic in the sense that the dancefloor was kept quite busy all nite.

The venue also has a modern room,a record room and a chill out area.

Quite an easy venue to find,not far off the M6 Jct 11a.So positioned quite central for all travellers.

I for one was very pleased on appearence when we went in and things just went from strength to strength.

This place seemed to attract the rite crowd of people.Meaning the type who wants there soul with a bit more extra than just played out oldies.They Know what they want, and I dont think many were dissapointed.

This is one of those places that you just know is goin to take off once word gets about.

This was the first niter there and the numbers were comfortable but do need a few more.Im sure the next one will more attended.I for one will definately be going back again,and spreading the word to people I know will appreciate what it has to offer. :rolleyes:

Mike Cog

Just arrived home from the new niter in Hednesford.What a fantastic nite from start to finish.

i couldnt agree more; i'm sitting here like a zombie as the music has just kept spinning around my head and will not let me sleep!!

Karen played a fab set, and the music was pretty much on the mark all night, roger banks played exactly what was needed and is therefore still number one in my DJ chart :rolleyes: - Dave Rimmer: i'll be expecting you to do your homework this week and usurp Roger with your set at middleton this saturday, your chart placing depends on it!! xx :thumbsup:

lovely large smooth dancefloor, once i started i couldnt get off it.

a really friendly crowd too, hi to all those people i spoke to, you know who you are. and lovely to meet mikes mate rob, what a nice man you are -thanks for the company and the bananas and see you at middleton!

i'm off to soak my feet.....! and if Billy Whizz now puts a posting up saying that my toes are fat then DONT believe him.

xx

Aye billy great venue, shame about the sound system playing up most of the night, hopefully that will be sorted for the next one, it seemed to get better through the night though, needs to be abit more punchy IMO give it that nighter edge. very diverse mix of sounds all night hats off to karen for the most imaginative spot of the night pushing boundries and getting them up early. Also Dave 'Axeman' Rivers playing some current biggies , Dave Weldings spot and Rogers both hitting the spot too, about 300 in last night it was packed at one point, even popped me head in the 'dance' room a few times good uptempo soulful house nice one, all in all a top night really, even started getting used to being kicked outside for a smoke :thumbsup:

THANKS

To everyone who made the modern room a great success floor full all night wonderful mix of music and an eager and knowledgable crowd

Jayne Terry Phil David and guest Mr Fisher thanks for being so superb evenly across the board.

Modern room regulars and the pop in crowd all had a great time, and i cugratulate you all for making it a "cracker" next one will be even better attended with no Southport clashing....rising to the top ...me thinks!!

Harpo x

i couldnt agree more; i'm sitting here like a zombie as the music has just kept spinning around my head and will not let me sleep!!

Karen played a fab set, and the music was pretty much on the mark all night, roger banks played exactly what was needed and is therefore still number one in my DJ chart rolleyes.gif - Dave Rimmer: i'll be expecting you to do your homework this week and usurp Roger with your set at middleton this saturday, your chart placing depends on it!! xx :thumbsup:

lovely large smooth dancefloor, once i started i couldnt get off it.

a really friendly crowd too, hi to all those people i spoke to, you know who you are. and lovely to meet mikes mate rob, what a nice man you are -thanks for the company and the bananas and see you at middleton!

i'm off to soak my feet.....! and if Billy Whizz now puts a posting up saying that my toes are fat then DONT believe him.

xx

Sweetness u got it wrong again whistling.gif iits nose

Guest soul city

Fantastic venue,some great sounds played in the main room,modern room was 'buzzing'

can't wait for the next one (highley recomended) thumbup.gifthumbup.gif:thumbsup::lol::D:D

hi guys

sounded a great night

any playlists at all?

cheers sean

Heres mine mainly oldies which was required at 12.00

Ray Agee- I'm losing again -Soultown

Executive 4- I got a good thing going-Lumar

Tomangoes- I really love you -Washpan

Joseph Webster- My love is so strong-Crow

Tony Fox- Love, let love,and be love-Blaster

Saxie Russell-Psychedelic soul-Thomas

Maurice Williams-Being without you-Dessu

Chuck Holiday-just can't trust nobody-Gloria

Poets-Wrapped around your finger-J2

Chardes-Key to my happiness-MGM

Tony Galla-In love-Swan

Bobby Kline-Say something nice-MB

Imperial C's-someone tell her-Philasoul

Lenny Curtis-No one can help you now-End

Betty Wilson-I'm yours-Dayco

James Fountain -7 day lover-Peachtree

Phonetics-Just a boys dream-trudel

Timi Yuro-itll never be over-Liberty

Mickie Champion-What good am i-Mussette

Ike & Tina-dust my broom-HMV

Major Lance-You don't want me no more-Okeh

Magnetics-I have a girl-Ralsel

Sam Williams-Love slipped through my fingers-Tower

Rita & Tiaras-Gone with the wind-Dore

Sam Ward-Sister Lee-Groove City

Salvadors-Stick by me baby-wise world

ted

Karens playlist 10pm till 11pm

Johnny Dixon - Where are you - Boss

Eddie Holman - I surrender - abc

Walter & the Admirations - Stop - c/u

Soulful Two - Fi-Yi Dance - Pure soul music WD

The Showmen - Our love will grow - Action

Martha & Vandellas - Show me the way - Gordy

Ray Scott & Scotsmen - Love piled on top of love - Decca

The Gillettes - the same identical thing - J&S

Lee Drummond - Baby I know - Fontana

Edward Hamilton - Baby don't you weep - Mary Jane

Frank Foster - Harlem Rumble - Tri - ode

Bobby Wells - Be's that way sometimes - Romur

Drake & En Solids - Please leave me - Alteen

Jean Wells - with my love & what you've got - Calla

The Symponics - Guilty - Curtom

Darrow Fletcher - What good am I - Jaccklyn

Bessie Jones - No more tears - A-Bet

The Intros - Stop,look & listen - Jamie WD

Betty Brooks - Funky Funky - Le Cam

Clarence Jackson - If it don't fit don't force it - Valtone

Johnny Sayles - I can't get enough - St.Lawrence

Billy Sha - Rae - I'm gone - Spectrum

Gene Chandler - There was a time - Brunswick

Turley Richards - I fel alright - Columbia WD

Edited by Baz

This place ticks all the boxs that a proper soul venue should.

Not a plush place,far from it.large woodendance floor,fairly dimmley lit around the seatin areas.Perfect!Like it should be to create the rite atmophere.

The music policy was accross the board,but had a more rarer approach.And more of an underground feel,like it use to be.

All djs were fantastic in the sense that the dancefloor was kept quite busy all nite.

The venue also has a modern room,a record room and a chill out area.

Quite an easy venue to find,not far off the M6 Jct 11a.So positioned quite central for all travellers.

I for one was very pleased on appearence when we went in and things just went from strength to strength.

This place seemed to attract the rite crowd of people.Meaning the type who wants there soul with a bit more extra than just played out oldies.They Know what they want, and I dont think many were dissapointed.

This is one of those places that you just know is goin to take off once word gets about.

This was the first niter there and the numbers were comfortable but do need a few more.Im sure the next one will more attended.I for one will definately be going back again,and spreading the word to people I know will appreciate what it has to offer. :D

Mike Cog

glad you enjoyed it mike,the intertains sounded rather good didn't it? nice to play to an appreciative crowd,play list to follow.......

Mick

the car park attendant was something else,service with a smile,every venue should have one :lol:

Yeh Mick,He is deffo an asset to the venue,any wud be car theif would of had their leg well gabbed off :D

Seriously tho, its a nice touch to know your car is safe overnite! :D

Here's what I played last Saturday, sorry for the delay:

Chubby & The Turnpikes - I Didn't Try - Capitol

Inovations - Stay On The Case - Hit Sound

The Q - That's The Way - Hound

Joan Baker - Everybody's Talking - Diamond

Checkmates Ltd - Run Nigger Run - Rustic

Ambers - I Love You Baby - Verve

Ballads - I Can't See Your Love - Vee Jay

Terrible Frankie Nieves - True Love - Speed

Jenny Wren - Chasing My Dreams All Over Town - Fontana

In-Betweens - She's Walking Down The Street - Blue Onion