Bury Town Hall

BURY TOWN HALL - The Elizabethan Suite, BL9 0SW

Two Room Soul night. 8pm til 2am.

Friday 18th May.

DJ's include:

Northern room: Neil Jones, Kev Murphy, Alan Barnes & Mick Howard

Rare 6T's room: Dave Hall, Ian Dunning, Stan Evans & Andre Minta..

More info to follow..

Jayne.x.

• Replies 30
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

BURY TOWN HALL - The Elizabethan Suite, BL9 0SW

Two Room Soul night. 8pm til 2am.

Friday 18th May.

DJ's include:

Northern room: Neil Jones, Kev Murphy, Alan Barnes & Mick Howard

Rare 6T's room: Dave Hall, Ian Dunning, Stan Evans & Andre Minta..

More info to follow..

Jayne.x.

no mr livsey this month,he'll be well pleased after today's football results :rolleyes:

Mick

no mr livsey this month,he'll be well pleased after today's football results :rolleyes:

Mick

'Pleased' or 'Pi$*ed' more like.......Great result for the Latics.

Looking forward to Friday great line up in both rooms....quality tuneage assured methinks

BazM

Guest stash313

Yeah was a fantastic day, to be truthful we haven't been good enough this season but yesterday was the Wigan of old.

Not at all suprised to see Jewell go and just hope Hutchings can make a success of it, me thinks he may be in for a tough time but we'll wait and see...

As for friday I'm sure you'll have a great night as I said earlier first one I've missed in 5 years. Be gentle with Jayne she might have to do the door for once while I'm not there! :thumbsup: LOL

no mr livsey this month,he'll be well pleased after today's football results yes.gif

Mick

No, he's busy being an international superstar!. lol

So we're looking forward to seeing a proper DJ instead.. shades.gif

Jayne.x.

Really looking foward to this month at Bury.

As always, the emphasis is on keeping the dance floor buzzing from start to finish so expect 6 hours of 'Up And At Em' Northern Soul, Motown and 70's in the main room. Classic anthems, current big plays - we got it all.

Great to be welcoming Kev Murphy back again after his fantastic set at the last all-nighter. If ever the phrase 'back by popular demand' was apt, this is it. Not forgetting Alan Barnes of course - always got a few surprises ready to spring on the dancers, plus regular top-man Mick Howard plus some other bloke from the Bury area.

Room 2 this month features again the hugely popular "Room At The Top" team playing tunes for those of a more eclectic taste. DJs Dave Hall, Andre Minta, Stan Evans, Ian Dunning & Neil Jones are your crew upstairs on the night.

Often described as a 'club within a club' the "Room At The Top" fills in the gaps, musically speaking, with lovers of RnB, rare & underplayed 60's Soul and X-Over being catered for in a room which has it's own vibe, it's own atmosphere and it's own bar too!!!

It's always great to welcome friends old and new at Bury and, if you ain't been for a while, get yourself down there for a night of great music, atmosphere and above all - fun!!

See ya there,

Neil :thumbup:

Edited by burysoul

Really looking foward to this month at Bury and look out for 'HOT OFF THE PRESS' news of future events at the Town Hall too, this Friday.

As always, the emphasis is on keeping the dance floor buzzing from start to finish so expect 6 hours of 'Up And At Em' Northern Soul, Motown and 70's in the main room. Classic anthems, current big plays - we got it all.

Great to be welcoming Kev Murphy back again after his fantastic set at the last all-nighter. If ever the phrase 'back by popular demand' was apt, this is it. Not forgetting Alan Barnes of course - always got a few surprises ready to spring on the dancers, plus regular top-man Mick Howard plus some other bloke from the Bury area.

Room 2 this month features again the hugely popular "Room At The Top" team playing tunes for those of a more eclectic taste. DJs Dave Hall, Andre Minta, Stan Evans, Ian Dunning & Neil Jones are your crew upstairs on the night.

Often described as a 'club within a club' the "Room At The Top" fills in the gaps, musically speaking, with lovers of RnB, rare & underplayed 60's Soul and X-Over being catered for in a room which has it's own vibe, it's own atmosphere and it's own bar too!!!

It's always great to welcome friends old and new at Bury and, if you ain't been for a while, get yourself down there for a night of great music, atmosphere and above all - fun!!

See ya there,

Neil :thumbup:

:lol:sound's good to me neil,,me & shell ill be coming over,,allways a good night at bury. thumbsup.gif don't no about the other goolies :lol:

see ya friday..col..shell.

:lol:sound's good to me neil,,me & shell ill be coming over,,allways a good night at bury. :thumbup: don't no about the other goolies :lol:

see ya friday..col..shell.

HI Col,

Did you bring a young lass with you last month?, there was a dead polite young lass there who said she was from Goole, I was chatting to her outside. I'm sure she was a teenager, maybe early twenties, but really taken by the soul scene.. thumbsup.gif

Jayne.x.

Guest stash313

Really looking foward to this month at Bury and look out for 'HOT OFF THE PRESS' news of future events at the Town Hall too, this Friday.

See ya there,

Neil thumbsup.gif

Fuc*in Hell,

Are your fingers bleeding after that one! :thumbup:

Guest stash313

No, he's busy being an international superstar!. lol

So we're looking forward to seeing a proper DJ instead.. shades.gif

Jayne.x.

Go on spill the beans!

Who is it? :thumbup:

Hi Kids,

This "Goolie" & his better half can`t make it this time round as I`ve had the "Dreaded Lurgy" & at present not 100%, so I`m afraid to say I`ve got to save myself for Middleton Anniversary on Saturday, if not it would be Casualty on Sunday. :lol: :fool:

No real need to say this but "Have a good un" as usual & hope to see you Saturday. :thumbsup:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :sleep3:

HI Col,

Did you bring a young lass with you last month?, there was a dead polite young lass there who said she was from Goole, I was chatting to her outside. I'm sure she was a teenager maybe early twenty's, but really taken by the soul scene.. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

:wicked: i wish !!!!!!! no we brought a young couple with us, that i'll be the 1 you was chatting to. nice to see twenty year old's getting in to the soul scene. :thumbsup:

see you friday..col..shell.

:shades: i wish !!!!!!! no we brought a young couple with us, that i'll be the 1 you was chatting to. nice to see twenty year old's getting in to the soul scene. :thumbsup:

see you friday..col..shell.

I sure is Col,

Looking forward to seeing you both this Friday m8.

Neil :thumbsup:

Hi Kids,

This "Goolie" & his better half can`t make it this time round as I`ve had the "Dreaded Lurgy" & at present not 100%, so I`m afraid to say I`ve got to save myself for Middleton Anniversary on Saturday, if not it would be Casualty on Sunday. :ohmy: :fool:

No real need to say this but "Have a good un" as usual & hope to see you Saturday. :thumbsup:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :shades:

Cheers Pete,

See y'all Saturday night, safe journey over.

Neil :thumbsup:

Intersting title of the last track you played on Soul Source Mick. Is this going to be a spin for you on Friday?

Neil

well it should have been my last played clip but can't seem to get the player to work,anyone help? the record itself was up for sale via pete smith I think,looking forward to friday,see you then

Mick

Guest stash313

Intersting title of the last track you played on Soul Source Mick. Is this going to be a spin for you on Friday?

Neil

I'm not even going too... wicked.gif

Really looking foward to this month at Bury.

See ya there,

Neil thumbsup.gif

Just abour sums it up Mr Jones one of my favourite venues and a great selection of Northern, 6T's and 7T's soul in two rooms ...... Highly Recommended

couldn't have put it better myself,cheques in the post jayne wink.gif

LOL - no need for cash Mick, just endless tips on how to pick up records for a 1976 price tag will do!. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Guys,

Times for Friday night:

8 - 9pm Neil Jones

9 -10pm Barry Maleady

10 - 11pm Mick Howard

11 - 12am Alan Barnes

12 - 1am Kev Murphy

1 - 2am Neil Jones

upstairs DJ times to follow.

Jayne.x.

Guest stash313

Now now folks play nicely without me this friday.

Sure it'll be another top night, see you in June I hear someone's turning 20 around that time as well. whistling.gif

Now now folks play nicely without me this friday.

Sure it'll be another top night, see you in June I hear someone's turning 20 around that time as well. :thumbsup:

Ah yes, your birthday night!. We have a special night of modern lined up for you m'dear.. our modern room's turning into 'party central' LOL.

Anyway tomorrow!,

Upstairs: rare 6T's & RnB:

8.30 - 10 Andre Minta

10 - 11pm Dave Hall

11 - 1am Stan Evans and Ian Dunning

1 - 2am Andre Minta..

Jayne.x.

Guest stash313

Ah yes, your birthday night!. We have a special night of modern lined up for you m'dear.. our modern room's turning into 'party central' LOL.

Anyway tomorrow!,

8.30 - 10 Andre Minta

10 - 11pm Dave Hall

1 - 2am Andre Minta..

Jayne.x.

ooooooohhhhhhh Modern special, does that mean I'll get Kelly Dalglish and Alex Hammond spinning the tunes for me?

mmmmmmmm

Anyway tomorrow!,

8.30 - 10 Andre Minta

10 - 11pm Dave Hall

1 - 2am Andre Minta..

Jayne.x.

Alternative Flavas of a 60T's type......nice

Andre played some blinding tunes in the big room a few months ago. Him, Stan and the guys should be spinning some excellent selections up there..............................

Andre dont forget that CD

Alternative Flavas of a 60T's type......nice

Andre played some blinding tunes in the big room a few months ago. Him, Stan and the guys should be spinning some excellent selections up there..............................

Andre dont forget that CD

yeh, will remind him. He mainly dj's at RnB nights now but he's still got some excellent 6T's northern. He used to do mainly Wheel stuff before we had the 2nd room.

Dave Hall has some stunners too.....(which of course, is why we booked him) lol.

Jayne.x. (Genius soul promotor). :thumbsup:

Records are sorted, shirt is ironed. Bring it on!!!

Some nice sides lined up for the 1st hour in particular to whet a few appetites, can't wait to hear them out loud (as if I aint played em loud enough here to benefit next door but 2 !!! :wicked:

Neil Jones :yes:

Records are sorted, shirt is ironed. Bring it on!!!

Some nice sides lined up for the 1st hour in particular to whet a few appetites, can't wait to hear them out loud (as if I aint played em loud enough here to benefit next door but 2 !!! :wicked:

Neil Jones :yes:

LOL, is that what that noise is.. :lol:

Are you taking requests yet??.... do you still have that one I like (yeh b'cos that narrow's it down!!).. I think it's the last one I played on here.. whisky talkin'?.. can't remember who its by... anyway, have you got one?..

Thanks

Jayne. :D

LOL, is that what that noise is.. :D

Are you taking requests yet??.... do you still have that one I like (yeh b'cos that narrow's it down!!).. I think it's the last one I played on here.. whisky talkin'?.. can't remember who its by... anyway, have you got one?..

Thanks

Jayne. :yes:

jayne if you look to the left of the post,the errm artist is under the song title...... :wicked: it was a late post wasn't it? see you tonight

Mick