10th Madrid Magic Soul Weekender

Hello!!

just wanted to say thanks to the organizers Sergio, Bego±a and David!! i just went on saturday night and it was superb!! thanks to the guest djs too, Mick H, John Weston, Pete Hulatt and Ady Lupton!! what a great records you all played!! it was non stop dancing!!! all the people said the concert with Dean Parrish and The Teenagers was brilliant too! i missed it :thumbsup:

nice to see Vic! and friends from Madrid, Valencia, Pais Vasco, Barcelona of course! etc etc!!

hope to see u all soon again! love & soul!

Ana

• Replies 46
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hello!!

just wanted to say thanks to the organizers Sergio, Bego±a and David!! i just went on saturday night and it was superb!! thanks to the guest djs too, Mick H, John Weston, Pete Hulatt and Ady Lupton!! what a great records you all played!! it was non stop dancing!!! all the people said the concert with Dean Parrish and The Teenagers was brilliant too! i missed it :thumbsup:

nice to see Vic! and friends from Madrid, Valencia, Pais Vasco, Barcelona of course! etc etc!!

Ana

SOUNDS ACE ANA !!!!! YOU OVER FOR CLEETHORPES ? WHEN'S NEXT MADRID ???

SOUNDS ACE ANA !!!!! YOU OVER FOR CLEETHORPES ? WHEN'S NEXT MADRID ???

Hello Chris! how are u? dont know yet about Cleethorpes.. i hope i will know this week!! i wanna gooooooo!!!! the Magic Soul Weekend in Madrid is once every year, but their club is once every 2 months.. they organize another weekend every year the 1st week of january i think.. this is the web site www.smartclub.info

speak soon :thumbsup:

Ana xx

Hello!!

just wanted to say thanks to the organizers Sergio, Bego±a and David!! i just went on saturday night and it was superb!! thanks to the guest djs too, Mick H, John Weston, Pete Hulatt and Ady Lupton!! what a great records you all played!! it was non stop dancing!!! all the people said the concert with Dean Parrish and The Teenagers was brilliant too! i missed it :rolleyes:

Ana

Hi Ana,how good a time did Vic,paul and the rest have :rolleyes: ...so i have some gossip :thumbsup: ....shame you

cant get over,Vic is doing her first DJ stint at the middleton back beat on Saturday...HURRAH!!

I'm just beginning to recover my senses - what a weekend!

I love these spanish events. the terrace life, the tapas,

the endless 'ca±as', the conversation, the warmth of the

hosts etc; the music was spot on, thanks to bego±a, sergio

david, iu & of course, the 4 musketeers that made it over

from england - mick h, pete hulatt, ady lupton & john weston.

I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said that a great time

was had by all. last but not least, mr. dean parrish.

what a nice chap! I'm still trying to get my head around

the fact that he was sat next to me on saturday lunchtime,

tucking into boquerones & patatas bravas,

& regaling me with stories about the new york music scene in

the early 60's. who would have thought?

thanks again guys!!

Hello Chris! how are u? dont know yet about Cleethorpes.. i hope i will know this week!! i wanna gooooooo!!!! the Magic Soul Weekend in Madrid is once every year, but their club is once every 2 months.. they organize another weekend every year the 1st week of january i think.. this is the web site www.smartclub.info

speak soon :thumbsup:

Ana xx

i'm fine ta Ana..hope you can make Cleethorpes and i'll check out the website :sleep3: Chris
Guest Black Gold of the Sun

I'm just beginning to recover my senses - what a weekend!

I love these spanish events. the terrace life, the tapas,

the endless 'ca±as', the conversation, the warmth of the

hosts etc; the music was spot on, thanks to bego±a, sergio

david, iu & of course, the 4 musketeers that made it over

from england - mick h, pete hulatt, ady lupton & john weston.

I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said that a great time

was had by all. last but not least, mr. dean parrish.

what a nice chap! I'm still trying to get my head around

the fact that he was sat next to me on saturday lunchtime,

tucking into boquerones & patatas bravas,

& regaling me with stories about the new york music scene in

the early 60's. who would have thought?

thanks again guys!!

Fantastic weekend all round.Sure I speak for all who travelled from the U.K when I say that It couldnot have gone any better.We all had a Fantastic time socially and musically.The spanish crowd must have been a dream to dj for as they just rammed the floor to everything played weather they knew it or not.Of the two venues I preferred the Saturday one as there was just a bit more room and the sound system was great.Loved walking round Madrid just dropping into bars and cafes eating tapas and just generally chilling out during the day.

Must announce the Weekend awards as follows:

Beered up Monster award to Mandy H for her efforts Friday night. :thumbsup:

Fur coat and no Knickers award to: Tracey Mullholland for her choice of attire the whole weekend :thumbsup: .

The Lazarus risen from the Dead award to: Johnny Weston for making it out to dj saturday night after heroic lager consumption all day saturday. :D:( .

The Lightweights of the weekend Award for not getting out saturday night to John Reeves and Kerry :wicked:

The I,ll try owt once Award to Lindsay :D:D:D

Finally a special award to Mandy and Wendy whoproved you can live on diet of toasted ham and cheese sarnies and lager :shades: .

Welldone to David,Alberto and the gang for terrific hospitality and a great weekend.

Guest partytimegirl

Well where do i start apart from saying what a brill weekend, there was not one moment i did not enjoy.

Both nights were very good and in different venues which made it more fun.

Dean Parish was very entaining and a gentleman, and coming out with us lot on the Saturday night must have been some experience for him, one he wont forget.

There were so many mad things that happened but a few i can remember are

Weno's new home

Mick H and his new head decoration when he came out the apartment loo

Flying boxer shorts

Teaching the spanish english phrases quote "hard paperround" this had me in stiches.

Are you Gay

Lindsay and her sweets

Steph and her flying squid

My new badge from Gary

John Weston and tits and his new aftershave smell!! and for Pete having to smell it

Gary looking good on Friday night on the stage :thumbsup:

But i want to say a big thankyou to all the organisers and the way they made us feel so welcome and a brilliant weekend, even up to the last moment when they took us back to the airport.

This has got to be the best weekender i have been to for so many different reasons, and one i wont forget for a long time, my face is still hurting from all the lauging . :thumbsup:

Hi, Anita, and Hi everybody¡¡¡

Fantastic Weekend, fantastic Magic Soul Weekend, maybe the best in the last years for me.

I would like to send my regards to everybody I met there. People from Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, Le³n, Asturias....

Special regards to Sergio, Bego±a and David, and a great pleasure to know personally these nice guys, Mike and John and their friends (This group of girls, 5 girls from England.. I had really fun with them.. Hi, girls.. where are you...?)

Pete(Real man) a big kiss for you, we are in contact, and Ady, my english brother, we love you so much¡¡

I am still excited with the weekend.

Photos of this venue: Http://www.fotolog.com/mein_walkiria

Lots of love for all of you

Luc­a :thumbsup::thumbsup:

post-8073-1179244832_thumb.jpg

post-8073-1179244832_thumb.jpg

Hi, Anita, and Hi everybody¡¡¡

Fantastic Weekend, fantastic Magic Soul Weekend, maybe the best in the last years for me.

I would like to send my regards to everybody I met there. People from Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, Le³n, Asturias....

Special regards to Sergio, Bego±a and David, and a great pleasure to know personally these nice guys, Mike and John and their friends (This group of girls, 5 girls from England.. I had really fun with them.. Hi, girls.. where are you...?)

Pete(Real man) a big kiss for you, we are in contact, and Ady, my english brother, we love you so much¡¡

I am still excited with the weekend.

Photos of this venue: Http://www.fotolog.com/mein_walkiria

Lots of love for all of you

Luc­a :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Lucia!! thanks to you too for your hospitality! youre great! :wicked:

see you soon!!

Anita xx

Guest Tom Walsh

What a WEEKEND!

Dean Parrish what a great guy :thumbsup: After a marathon (Ady Lupton) guided tour on the metro we finally arrived!

Friday night was excellent :( but Saturday unbeliveable at 6am still packed and everybody was still dancing to I'll be on my way :wicked:

TOM :thumbsup:

wow one of the best weekends i have ever had my stomache is still aching from all the laughing :wicked: never a dull moment,company was excelent and a great spanish crowd that were really up for it :( dance floor packed both nites it was difficult to get on it,an absolute pleasure to play to them,dean gave a magnificent performance on saturday afternoon :shades: thanx to mr lupton and the spanish guys for inviting me over,sorry about the smell trace but i didnt notice anything :thumbsup: well done to ady,mick h and pete hulat fa playin some great music :thumbsup: .

will defo be there next year whether i'm djin or not well recomended

Where do I start!!... All I can do is reiterate what others have said really. The Spanish really do know how to have a good time and are so hospitable. Thanks especially to Sergio, Begona, Alavro, David, Monica and the others for the best meal of the holiday on Monday night, was great to see a spanish bank holiday in full swing.

Great to meet lucia and hope that your foot isn't too bad!!! Good to see Ana and JC again to who had made the trip from Barcalona.

Great to meet everyone from the UK off Soul source, Thanks Ady for taking me under you wing even if you did try to tell me the wrong room number!! :D John well done for making it out on Saturday, after all of that beer consumption, especially when I lightweighted off early ill!! Girls you were a scream and put me to shame, I now know where partytime girl gets her name from!!! All the sets were great and the spanish loved it, they filled the floor everytime.

Will definately be there again soon......

Brilliant brilliant weekend, great to see everyone, and big thanks to David & The President for the amazing hospitality. Music was superb from all the DJs the whole weekend, Deano was great and the food was top as well. Saturday was one of the best nights I've been to. Can't wait for next year.

Nice one!

Joel

ps Should also mention how good the band were backing Dean, The Teenagers. Very tight sound and did Dean proud, great stuff.

Edited by mulf

Hi Everybody , again¡¡¡

Hi Tracy (we keep in touch, eh?), Tom, John, we didnt realise your "smell" on saturday, trust me, you can come back when you want¡¡ would it be possible to get your playlist?? Thanks in advance¡,

Joel¡¡¡¡¡¡, nice to see you here, the same for you, you are invited to Spain when you want, my second English brother (First, Ady, je je) I cant stop laughing when i remember that you look like to Jon a lot¡¡¡ I have photos¡¡, Vic, nice to meet you too.

Pete, receive all my love¡¡

NICE, FANTASTIC WEEKEND¡¡¡

:thumbsup::wicked::huh:

post-8073-1179316452_thumb.jpg

Guest Tom Walsh

Hi Everybody , again¡¡¡

Hi Tracy (we keep in touch, eh?), Tom, John, we didnt realise your "smell" on saturday, trust me, you can come back when you want¡¡ would it be possible to get your playlist?? Thanks in advance¡,

Joel¡¡¡¡¡¡, nice to see you here, the same for you, you are invited to Spain when you want, my second English brother (First, Ady, je je) I cant stop laughing when i remember that you look like to Jon a lot¡¡¡ I have photos¡¡, Vic, nice to meet you too.

Pete, receive all my love¡¡

NICE, FANTASTIC WEEKEND¡¡¡

rolleyes.gif:lol::lol:

Hi Real Woman,

Fantastic to see you again :lol: , hope your foot is better for :dance: !!!

MUACKSSS,

Pete

Hi Lucia

Me and Jon were seperated at birth I think!

Such a great weekend, thanks for looking after us all so well, made it one fo the best trips abroad I've ever had, absolutely brilliant! :dance: thumbup.gifcool.gif

Hi, brother, here you are¡¡¡

Lucia

post-8073-1179416048_thumb.jpg

Taken me a while to add a reply, but just like to say a huge thank you to all promoters and dj's that made the weekend amazing....also a big shout out to Mr Dean himself, what a top performance...Loved it especially "it'll never be over for me" thumbsup.gif ....

Guest ruppy

What a fantastic weekender this was.two great venues .saturday was the iceing on the cake for me starting of at 530pm thought to myself little strange this time of day to be kicking off a dean parish concert.how wrong you was Michael

the venue was packed and the backing band were bril.then dean just blew everyone away better than when he performed back in the uk.the last track timi yuro,s it will never be over for me .few.

Then me and john had to cut the evening short as Alberto was ready to take us to the burnabo stadium .real madrid home to watch them play el espania,never watched a game like it real winining in the last minute 4-3

a special thanks to Alberto and david for this vip treatment.

back to the hotel meet up with the girls and brits then its party time .on the way to the venue nearly knocked down by a car forgot cars don,t stop at zebra crossings in spain .thanks to dean parrish pulling me back at the last second.saving me and my box from injury.

The allnighter one of the best i,v enjoyed for a long time.a packed house and a crowed up for anything the djs played .

so a special thanks to the promoters David ,Sergio,begona.& Ady.a truley fantastic weekender . ten out of ten guys

Mandy and the girls send there love lucia.they had a great time with you all

Edited by ruppy
Guest Tom Walsh

Pete long time no see,looks like you Mick H & Co had a great time,

any chance of putting your play list up,and i`d like to see if your playing ant of that

70s disco that you and Tony P used to rib me about playing years ago :(:thumbsup::D:(

Dave f...................

Hi Dave,

Hope you keeping well, I didn't play any of that 70s disco!! here's a few that I can remember!

Just Brothers Carlina

Arin Demain Silent treatment

Toni & t Showmen Try my love

Tamarla Lewis You won't say nothing

Yvonne Vernee Just like you did to me

Empires You're on top girl

George Pepp The feeling is real

Chico Lamarr What do you think I am

George Lemons Fascinating girl

Embers First time

Ty Karim You just don't know

Cairos Stop overlooking me

Anita Anderson Secretly

Ty Karim Lighten up Car-a-mel

Honey & t Bees Be yourself

Utopias Girls are against me

and loads more but me brain can't remember!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Tom Walsh

Hi Dave,

Hope you keeping well, I didn't play any of that 70s disco!! here's a few that I can remember!

Just Brothers Carlina

Arin Demain Silent treatment

Toni & t Showmen Try my love

Tamarla Lewis You won't say nothing

Yvonne Vernee Just like you did to me

Empires You're on top girl

George Pepp The feeling is real

Chico Lamarr What do you think I am

George Lemons Fascinating girl

Embers First time

Ty Karim You just don't know

Cairos Stop overlooking me

Anita Anderson Secretly

Ty Karim Lighten up Car-a-mel

Honey & t Bees Be yourself

Utopias Girls are against me

and loads more but me brain can't remember!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Pete

great records! :thumbsup: i think i danced the 99% of them!! hehe :D

ok so here is what i played at both venues,i think :yes:

wayne carter-mad mouth woman-

johnnie mae mathews-help me

lil gray-are you foolin

roy lee johnson-boogaloo nu 3

the dynamites-the french tickler

the regents-what you gonna do

the offbeats-have love will travel

the divines-we're gonna make it

papa bear-you're so fine

roy smith-very strong on you

harvey avern-never learnt to dance

sammy campbell- i never thought

tyn tymes-baby i love you

mixed emotions-you are the gold of my life

bobby wells-be's that way sometimes

barry white-tracy

king edward-workin for my baby

willie & the mighty magnificents-check it baby

jimmy holiday-love me 1 more time

traditions-twinkle little star

honey and the bee's-dynamite exploded

bad weather inc-i never knew

fascinators-in other words

the servicemen-sweet magic

voices inc-thinkin

george jay-say that you love me

blendels-you need love

dynamic 3 - you said yeah

embers-aware of love

the blue jays-point of view

frankie and the damons- man from soul

vanguards-good times bad times

hamilton movement-she's gone

monique-if you love me

jokers -soul sound

vickie labat-got to keep hangin on

jackie beavers- a love that never grows cold

can't be bothered with any more got wrist ache :wicked:

Is this the one you played in the vic at Prestatyn?

can't be bothered with any more got wrist ache :wicked:

Err :yes:

Sounds like a fantasic weekend was had by all ...did you only play the Hamilton Movement the once then John?

Is this the one you played in the vic at Prestatyn?

can't be bothered with any more got wrist ache :D

Err :lol:

Sounds like a fantasic weekend was had by all ...did you only play the Hamilton Movement the once then John?

:sleep3::shhh::P ha ha tappin the key boards is what i meant repetative strain syndrome :wicked: you naughty filthy minded girl :yes:

yes lyndseypoo its that instrumental i played at prestatyn

LU SENDS LOVE TO MANDY, TRACY, AND THE REST OF THE GIRLS¡¡¡ :wicked::yes::D

HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON¡¡

Thanks to Pete and John for playlists¡¡

post-8073-1179482532_thumb.jpg

Oooooh I like that :shades:

Eyup Lindsay have you pulled round yet ?Are you at Middleton on Saturday ?

By the way this is Gary :yes:

Eyup Lindsay have you pulled round yet ?Are you at Middleton on Saturday ?

By the way this is Gary :yes:

Oh dear this is gonna be confusing....I'm not that Lindsay I'm this Lindsay...so therefore think you think I'm the other one...err the one that I'm not...if you get what I mean :shades::wicked:

Oh dear this is gonna be confusing....I'm not that Lindsay I'm this Lindsay...so therefore think you think I'm the other one...err the one that I'm not...if you get what I mean :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorreeey ! :thumbsup:

ok so here is what i played at both venues,i think :thumbsup:

wayne carter-mad mouth woman-

johnnie mae mathews-help me

lil gray-are you foolin

roy lee johnson-boogaloo nu 3

the regents-what you gonna do

the offbeats-have love will travel

the divines-we're gonna make it

papa bear-you're so fine

roy smith-very strong on you

harvey avern-never learnt to dance

sammy campbell- i never thought

tyn tymes-baby i love you

mixed emotions-you are the gold of my life

bobby wells-be's that way sometimes

barry white-tracy

king edward-workin for my baby

willie & the mighty magnificents-check it baby

jimmy holiday-love me 1 more time

traditions-twinkle little star

honey and the bee's-dynamite exploded

bad weather inc-i never knew

fascinators-in other words

the servicemen-sweet magic

voices inc-thinkin

george jay-say that you love me

blendels-you need love

dynamic 3 - you said yeah

embers-aware of love

the blue jays-point of view

frankie and the damons- man from soul

vanguards-good times bad times

hamilton movement-she's gone

monique-if you love me

jokers -soul sound

vickie labat-got to keep hangin on

jackie beavers- a love that never grows cold

can't be bothered with any more got wrist ache :thumbsup:

thx for the playlist! great records too!! :thumbsup:

Well,well,well

What can I say except Thank you so much to Sergio,Begona,Davithhzz,Alberto & everyone else that helped put together The Best Weekender Ever! And for giving me a second family.

Thanks to all the Pacons & Pacona's(too many to name without getting a Weston Wrist,,you know who you are)who supported this year & have supported the weekenders over the years & for your warm friendship.

Thanks to Mick,John,Pete,Ismael,David,Iu & The Presidente's for your fine & proffesional disc jockeying skillage this year & thanks to all the guest Dj's over the years that i've had the pleasure of playing with..Greg McAlliney,Dave Flynn,Pilar Hergueta,Paul Welsby,Niel Henderson,Iu Adell,Nick Gilbert,Ismael Garcia,Mick Bebby,Stuart Tyler,Niamh Lynch,Alvaro Rubio,Sharnya Hale,Alan Handscombe,Mark Bicknell,Pete Hulai & not forgetting That Girl Lynn(Rip sweetheart).

Big Thanks to The Magnificent Dean Parrish & The Teenagers for such a heart warming & intimate performance(does that sound dodgy)?

Appologies to the staff at the Hostal Triana(still can't believe we can't go back there)..Don't blame me it was "H" :thumbsup: Oh well you can't make a spanish tortilla without breaking some etc,etc...

Muchos Gracias my friends,it's been emotional....

ady

Mike and Ady

It would be possible to get your playlist at MSW? Pete and John have already sent it¡¡

Thanks in advance

Luc­a

Hi Lu,

sorry didn't get to talk much over the weekend was all a bit chaotic. Hopefully see you later in the year Asturias,Valencia maybe Madrid November time??

Here's what i remember sprang forth from the "Luke Warm Box" in no particular order

Lee Williams & The Cymbals-Its everything about you

The Relatives-Lenient with my love

The Festivals-Checkin' out

The Masquaders-Thats the same thing

The Whispers-The Dip

The Stoppers-Come back baby

Lorraine Chandler-Tell me your mine

Celest Hardie-You're gone

Brenda & Tabulations-That's in the past

Brenda """""""""""""""" - Lies,lies,lies

Eula Cooper-Let our love grow like a prize winning marrow

O.C.Tolbert-You've got me turned around

Curly Moore-You don't mean

Rufus Wood-Before 2001

Ree Flores-Look into my heart

Masqueraders-How

Duke Browner-Crying over you

Gigi & The Charmaines-Guilty

Jonnie Jackson & Blazers-What you gonna do

Tommy Turner-Lazy

Shirley Karol-Just to make you happy

Otis Clay-Baby jane

Little Eddie Taylor-Had a good time

Carol Anderson-Takin my mind off love

Jessie Davis-Gonna hang on in there

Soulville Allstars-Im gonna get to you

Tony Middleton-Spanish maiden

Kenny Wells-Isn't it just a shame

Melvin Davis-I must love you

Severn Souls-I still love you(This must be the west country outfit)

Patti & Emblems-Its the little things

The Companions-Be yourself

The Adventurers-Easy baby

Billy Butler-Help yourself

Bobby Bland-Yumm,yumm,yumm tree

Wade Flemons-Two of a kind

The Ethics-I want my baby back

Jerry Washington-Don't waste my time

Freddie Houston-If i had known

Delegates of soul-Running back

Marva Lee-Old & grey

The Dynells-Call on me

James Walsh Gypsy band-Cuz its you girl

Bottom & Company-Gonna find a true love

The Earls-Everybodys got somebody

Anita Anderson-Little bit longer

Betty Wilson-I'm Yours

Soul Bros Inc-Pyramid

Dean "Someone or other"-I'm on my way thumbsup.gif

Blimey i didn't know i had that many records..

Hope that's of some interest to you,personally its sending me to sleep

Buenas noches x

Thank you very much, bro Ady¡¡¡¡

See you soon¡¡¡

Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuul, suelta el hueso¡¡¡¡¡ (Get the bone out of your mouth¡¡¡)