Pks Party @ Bisley This Saturday

• Replies 41
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

In response to Bearsy's question in another thread this is the sort of stuff I'll be playing...

nice tunes them 2 are thumbsup.gif ,

im hoping to go on Saturday but it all depends on me getting a lift as im still not up to driving just yet,

if i do Col look forward to your set and a chat and beer thumbsup.gif

Who's going to Pete's 40th birthday party @ Bisley on saturday?

I'm DJing & I know Rids is coming out of retirement for a spot, who else is DJing?

Col.

See you there Col, will look forward to your spot - some top tunes played at the last Blues Bar!

Should be a good night - is Pete really only 40? Or is it one of your printing errors???

Al

Who's going to Pete's 40th birthday party @ Bisley on saturday?

I'm DJing & I know Rids is coming out of retirement for a spot, who else is DJing?

Col.

i`m up for playing a spot matey. Looking forward to a blinding night.Will see what croud is out there before i decide what i`m gonna play. thumbsup.gif

Guest Bearsy

will be good to see ya bearsy..Been a while. Hope your well on the mend :thumbup:

Would be great to meet up again Chris just got to try and get a lift but im working on it, knee is getting their but very slowly mate,

btw, very nice tune too :lol: too good not to play on Saturday Chris thumbsup.gif

Col, just a gentle reminder to use the 'new clip' feature for adding sounds :thumbup:

Sorry, I'm struggling with that.

I managed to find the Soulful Twins in Refo Soul, but couldn't work out a code for the record to insert in my post. Appreciate its been covered before, but can't find instructions. Bit of help would be appreciated.

Regards

Col.

I managed to find the Soulful Twins in Refo Soul, but couldn't work out a code for the record to insert in my post. Appreciate its been covered before, but can't find instructions. Bit of help would be appreciated.

Regards

Col.

Just highlight the whole thing mate and right click copy, then paste in to post, voila .. :thumbup:

Regards

Col.

Col if i can do it i`m sur you can :thumbsup::sleep3:

Guest Bearsy

you got one bearsy ????

im in the process of negotiating on a price but the fella wont budge a penny, and i also know of where a minter is too.

bit tight on cash for records at the moment, might have a clearout to raise some funds.

im aloud loads of beer money though :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsy

Dont think im going to make this as i cant persuade anyone to drive there, Can someone give my best wishes to Pete and appollogise for me and tell him the night should still be ok even though i cant make it and that i will get him a beer next time we meet.

thanks

Bearsy :wicked:

Guest kent soul club

Dont think im going to make this as i cant persuade anyone to drive there, Can someone give my best wishes to Pete and appollogise for me and tell him the night should still be ok even though i cant make it and that i will get him a beer next time we meet.

thanks

Bearsy :wicked:

Sorry mate, would give you a lift, but no chance of any soul for us this weekend. We've got a 40th to go to. Four hours of pop/party music on a riverboat up the Thames. What fun!

Magoo

Guest Bearsy

Sorry mate, would give you a lift, but no chance of any soul for us this weekend. We've got a 40th to go to. Four hours of pop/party music on a riverboat up the Thames. What fun!

Magoo

right up your street or should i say river then Martin :yes: ,

have a goodun mate and catch up soon :wicked:

ive just had an email from the b/day boy himself

heres the running order

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PRIVATE DO,IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TICKET YOU WONT GET IN !

8-9 Big Mark & The Major

9-9.30 Soulsmith

9.30-10.15 Big Chris & Moldie

10.15-11.00 Mischief

11.11.45 Rids

11.45-12.30 Derek

i have also been informed that there will be no food except crisps from behind the bar

pete tells me eating is cheating

ive just had an email from the b/day boy himself

heres the running order

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PRIVATE DO,IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TICKET YOU WONT GET IN !

8-9 Big Mark & The Major

9-9.30 Soulsmith

9.30-10.15 Big Chris & Moldie

10.15-11.00 Mischief

11.11.45 Rids

11.45-12.30 Derek

i have also been informed that there will be no food except crisps from behind the bar

pete tells me eating is cheating

i aint got a ticket,, will i get in :lol:

Guest Mr TEA

had 2 tickets that pete was handing out at last bisley, i think the mrs thought they were flyers and put them in the bin

will i be turned away if i turn up anyway.

had 2 tickets that pete was handing out at last bisley, i think the mrs thought they were flyers and put them in the bin

will i be turned away if i turn up anyway.

give him a bell terry..explain to him

01932 402667

id been waiting what seemed ages for this night

good friend and fellow promoter pete kelross was 40

i was ready by 6.30 and went to pick up darkhorse01252 his good lady and danny and mandy north

piled in the car and off to meet up with mischief and his mob

had a cpl od drink b4 meeting up with gary and annie todd from soul shoes

the event had started when we got there so we said our hello,s and got a drink

two of petes mates were on the decks playing a mixture of northern and mod stuff

some nice sounds from a much improved sound system that we usually get at the bisley soul nights

the venue had been cut to 3 quarter size and the ever increasing crowd gave the night a good atmosphere.

talc had been banned from this venue but the highly polished floor meant it wasnt needed...in fact i hear

dancing on ice have an option on the venueanyway soulsmith did his usual arrival 1 minute b4 he was due on and had a few people up and dancing

darkhorse and i were on next and the crowd made it obvious it would be stormers all the way

the floor was filling by the time we were done 45 mins later

mischief was up next and in his usual style got the dancers up and wanting more

next up was rids from the original southside soul nites and he did what was for him a new thing

he got people up on the floor

last up was petes co promoter at bisle..derek mead..a dj and promoter with over 50 yrs service on the soul scene

derek rounded the evening of nicely

it was an enjoyable evening even if the dancefloor resembled a skid pan at times..in fact i was restricted to just 5 mins on the floor :P

it was great to see a few soul sourcers there...mr tea..keynote and maximax..dr pickles..eamsey and outonthefloor to name a few

playlists to follow im sure

Good write up Moldie, top laugh in the pub before... it was a good night and was a pleasure to dj for me old mate Pete...

I found the floor to be a bit of a problem, it was so polished it was hard to walk across to the toilet with out falling over.

(If your going to the next Bisley maybe worth putting a pair of none leather soled shoes in the car)

anyway top night...

If you read this Pete Happy Birthday..

My playlist - I have started a thread on weekend playlists so I've cut and pasted it from there.

THE WHO WHO SONG - ERNIE GARRETT

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO - CONSTELLATIONS

SWEETER THAN THEDAY BEFORE - VALENTINOS

YOU'VE BEEN LEADING ME ON - STEINWAYS

SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE NEEDS YOU - NATALIE BARON

WHY YOU WANNA MAKE ME BLUE - TEMPTATIONS

AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH - MARVIN GAYE AND TAMMI TERRELL

HEAVEN MUST HAVE SENT YOU - ELGINS

YOU'RE SO FINE AND SWEET - MIRACLES

KEEP ON TALKING - ARTUR CONLEY

I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU - SAM MOULTRIE

IT ONLY HAPPENS - MAJORS

YOU'RE THE GREATEST - THE DELLS

OUR LOVEWILL GROW - THE SHOWMEN

YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE - EPITOME OF SOUND

JUST LOVING YOU - RUBY ANDREWS

Good write up Moldie, top laugh in the pub before... it was a good night and was a pleasure to dj for me old mate Pete...

I found the floor to be a bit of a problem, it was so polished it was hard to walk across to the toilet with out falling over.

(If your going to the next Bisley maybe worth putting a pair of none leather soled shoes in the car)

anyway top night...

If you read this Pete Happy Birthday..

cheers paul

its not often i only spend 5 mins on the floor

the pub was first class...maybe we should have stayed there lolool only joking pete

as for none leather shoes at next bisle im takin my running spikes :P

Guest Bearsy

Good to hear the party went well and that Moldie managed to get the chance to have a dance too :yes:

I was gutted i couldnt make it but the thruppenny bits done for me and even if i was ok i wouldnt of been able to make it as my lift pulled out at the last moment anyway.

i will be back driving in a couple of weeks so hopefully able to be out and about again soon.

see you all soon

Bearsy :P

Good to hear the party went well and that Moldie managed to get the chance to have a dance too :yes:

i never danced paul..just a few spins and my dropped trousers routine...

I was gutted i couldnt make it but the thruppenny bits done for me and even if i was ok i wouldnt of been able to make it as my lift pulled out at the last moment anyway.

i will be back driving in a couple of weeks so hopefully able to be out and about again soon.

see you all soon ..pity you cant make farnborough on sat nite

top line up guarenteeing top music

Bearsy :P

Guest Bearsy

Thankfully Moldie that routine is one i hope i never witness, i cant even imagine it :P

Im off to the IOW for a week on saturday with the family for a little break and after that i shall be out and about again leg permitting,

have a goodun on saturday as i shall give you a wave as i go down the M3 on saturday morning on my way to southampton ferry.

did Pete get sloshed as i noticed he didnt DJ, well it was his birthday the old git :yes:

Thankfully Moldie that routine is one i hope i never witness, i cant even imagine it :yes:

Im off to the IOW for a week on saturday with the family for a little break and after that i shall be out and about again leg permitting,

have a goodun on saturday as i shall give you a wave as i go down the M3 on saturday morning on my way to southampton ferry....id say pop in for a cuppa as a thankyou for ours on way to margate but ill be at work

did Pete get sloshed as i noticed he didnt DJ, well it was his birthday the old git :P ...pete was steaming...i tried to get everyone to sing "who ate all the pies " instead of happy b/day but i was the only one up for it

have a great time paul...im just back from 5 days in devon...it was great

all the best to you and yours

regards moldie

see you at bisley all being well :P

Guest Bearsy

have a great time paul...im just back from 5 days in devon...it was great

all the best to you and yours

regards moldie

see you at bisley all being well :P

thanks mate, catch up soon :yes:

Bearsy