Southside Soul - London 19th May

So, who's on for this on Sat followed by a right royal knees up at the 100 club at Jacks?

Me, for one plus Mrs Boogaloo. So that's two and a lift home. Yahoo

Saturday 19th May 2007

SouthSide Soul Club

St Patricks Church Hall

Hector Street

Plumstead

London SE18

Playing the best 6t's and 7t's Soul/Tamla

8pm til late, £5 on the door

Resident dj's Big Ian and Little Ian

Guest dj's Mark (Soul Smugglers Inc) and Richard Brown

Further details Ciara 07968 737761 or www.southsi desoulclub. co.uk

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ciara

Thanks for posting this up Warren. Computer still not working which is a real pain, I'm having to come to my mums to access emails etc. Looking forward to a great nite. Anyone wanting further info please call me on 07968-737761.

So, who's on for this on Sat followed by a right royal knees up at the 100 club at Jacks?

Me, for one plus Mrs Boogaloo. So that's two and a lift home. Yahoo

Saturday 19th May 2007

SouthSide Soul Club

St Patricks Church Hall

Hector Street

Plumstead

London SE18

Playing the best 6t's and 7t's Soul/Tamla

8pm til late, £5 on the door

Resident dj's Big Ian and Little Ian

Guest dj's Mark (Soul Smugglers Inc) and Richard Brown

Further details Ciara 07968 737761 or www.southsi desoulclub. co.uk

I for one am really looking forward to Saturday night, might even manage to get up to London Bridge for an hour or two depending on who comes up to Plumstead with me and if they can stay awake long enough.

Warren sorry I havent emailed you about he 45's I mentioned at Rochester but I managed to skint myself out again and I refuse to sell Moldie any of my trakcs to raise cash. Only because I love to see him squirm though.

Guest Bearsy

I for one am really looking forward to Saturday night, might even manage to get up to London Bridge for an hour or two depending on who comes up to Plumstead with me and if they can stay awake long enough.

Warren sorry I havent emailed you about he 45's I mentioned at Rochester but I managed to skint myself out again and I refuse to sell Moldie any of my trakcs to raise cash. Only because I love to see him squirm though.

Its full of mods playing R&B ive heard Mark :thumbsup: i would come with you but i aint got a suit :thumbsup: .

hope to see you all on saturday if i dont go to a birthday party

Guest Bearsy

Well you could always come along in your birthday suit! God Forbid. Nowt wrong with a bit of RnB.

it is my birthday on thursday so my suit might be a bit dirty by saturday, NO Jo want wash it for me either :thumbsup:

R&B is alright in small doses i suppose you old mod you :thumbsup:

Edited by Bearsy
Guest ciara

Hang on everyone, let's not get confused. Jack's will be 100% 100 club. Not an RnB night, but no doubt there will be some RnB on the nite just everyone out to have a great time and enjoy the music. Bearsy if you remember your first time, you will know what I mean. Hopefully there will be a few travelling upto the 100 club afterwards.

Ciara

Guest Bearsy

Hang on everyone, let's not get confused. Jack's will be 100% 100 club. Not an RnB night, but no doubt there will be some RnB on the nite just everyone out to have a great time and enjoy the music. Bearsy if you remember your first time, you will know what I mean. Hopefully there will be a few travelling upto the 100 club afterwards.

Ciara

now i am confused, is it the r&b night or the 100 club at london bridge after Southside

Guest Bearsy

now i am confused, is it the r&b night or the 100 club at london bridge after Southside

OK OK OK i know im a silly twat ok, i got the wrong night for something linked to london bridge and i thought it was one of them R&B nights full of suited and booted mods, :thumbsup:

in that case i fancy a bit of that, who else is up for it too then :thumbsup:

Guest ciara

Have been in contact with Ady, anyone going to the 6Ts Rhythm and Soul (100 Club) at Jack's after Southside Soul Club will get a discounted entry of £8:00 with a stamped flyer. Thanks Ady.

Ciara

Anyway is that an offer...and how do I get to this place on public transport from say Kings Cross.....

M

Martin I can pick you up on route in East London if you want to get there early with me - if that's any good to you. I could pick you up from Bethnal Green or Mile End tube say about 7.15ish

pm me your moby number :thumbsup:

Edited by richard

Martin I can pick you up on route in East London if you want to get there early with me - if that's any good to you. I could pick you up from Bethnal Green or Mile End tube say about 7.15ish

pm me your moby number :lol:

That might be good.... pm tomorrow am.

That might be good.... pm tomorrow am.

Martin - take Richard's offer mate - proper public transport hasn't reached south of the river yet.

Dave

seriously you should be able to get a bus from Greenwich to Plumstead quite easily

Guest kent soul club

Anyway is that an offer...and how do I get to this place on public transport from say Kings Cross.....

M

Just in case you don't get a lift (and I would make sure you do!) You would have to get to Charing cross or Victoria and get a train going to Charlton, Woolwich Arsenal, Plumstead, Abbey Wood etc. Fast trains stop at Woolwich Arsenal, then Abbey Wood. Slow trains Stop at Plumstead itself. From abbey Wood or Woolwich it will be a cab to St. Patricks Church Hall, Hector Street, Plumstead.

From Plumstead station it's about a 10 minute walk.

Right, here we go. Come out of the station onto Walmer Terrace, turn left then right at the bottom of the road then right up Griffin Rd. Second left into Conway Rd.(where I grew up, but I digress). Second left into Mineral St. first right into Hector St. The church and hall are on the corner where the road bends round.

Hope you get a lift Martin, but thought I might as well give you directions, just in case. I know the way pretty well, as I walked it about 50 times a week as a kid.

As a point of interest, St. Patricks is built on the ground which was once the Invicta Sports Ground, the first home of Woolwich Arsenal F.C.- Later to be kicked out of south London and become The Gooners, but don't let that put you off, you are definitely on Charlton turf (next season's championship champions!)

Magoo.

Guest Bearsy

Wow St . Pats must of been 1979 Dave took me there ( RIP)

Sorry Ian and Ciara but i wont be making tomorrow night, I have been on and down the toilet all day emtying my bodily contents on a very regular basis, i feel like shit and smell like it too, anyway my lift had pulled out too.

Have a good night as you normally always do,

See you soon and i will give you a call about July too Ian :D

Bearsy

Guest ciara

Just in case you don't get a lift (and I would make sure you do!) You would have to get to Charing cross or Victoria and get a train going to Charlton, Woolwich Arsenal, Plumstead, Abbey Wood etc. Fast trains stop at Woolwich Arsenal, then Abbey Wood. Slow trains Stop at Plumstead itself. From abbey Wood or Woolwich it will be a cab to St. Patricks Church Hall, Hector Street, Plumstead.

From Plumstead station it's about a 10 minute walk.

Right, here we go. Come out of the station onto Walmer Terrace, turn left then right at the bottom of the road then right up Griffin Rd. Second left into Conway Rd.(where I grew up, but I digress). Second left into Mineral St. first right into Hector St. The church and hall are on the corner where the road bends round.

Hope you get a lift Martin, but thought I might as well give you directions, just in case. I know the way pretty well, as I walked it about 50 times a week as a kid.

As a point of interest, St. Patricks is built on the ground which was once the Invicta Sports Ground, the first home of Woolwich Arsenal F.C.- Later to be kicked out of south London and become The Gooners, but don't let that put you off, you are definitely on Charlton turf (next season's championship champions!)

Magoo.

Great directions and a history lesson too. Would definetly get the train from Charing Cross or London Bridge, can't ever remember being able to get a train to Victoria on this line, but maybe that's changed. I think the offer from a lift from Richard would be the best option. And lets hope that Millwall will meet you in the championship or maybe league 1.

Ciara

Sorry Ian and Ciara but i wont be making tomorrow night, I have been on and down the toilet all day emtying my bodily contents on a very regular basis, i feel like shit and smell like it too, anyway my lift had pulled out too.

Have a good night as you normally always do,

See you soon and i will give you a call about July too Ian :thumbsup:

Bearsy

Thats a shame Mr Poopy, but I will be there. Just getting sorted out now before getting in the car. See ya all soon.