Advice Required

Hi All Im looking for some advice here regarding some mysteriously dissapearing albums and a Bank cheque that was stopped by the sender after the albums had been delivered to him.

Back in early March I had some records for sale on Ebay and was contacted by a guy in York via email who wanted me to end the auctions early on 2 LPs:

JJ Barnes / Steve mancha 'Rare Stamps' Volt demo & Ripple Blast Singers 'Funny Girl'.........

I emailed him back and said I didnt want to end the auction as both of the items had a few people 'watching' them.

A couple of days later, there was a message on my answerphone asking me to contact the guy regarding the 2 Lps, so I did and foolishly agreed to sell him the 2 Lps for £125.

His cheque arrived the following day so I packed the Lps up and mailed them to him, paid the cheque into my bank then set off for a holiday in Spain

I came back from Spain and there was a letter from my bank saying the cheque had been stopped by the issuer!

I emailed the seller asking for an explanation and a replacement cheque, he did not reply. I went to the Prestatyn weekender and hoped there would be a replacement cheque posted in a couple of days.

Still no reply to my emails, after a few weeks I finally had a reply saying the LPs had been returned to me, the reason being:The Volt demo LP was not sealed (it did not say it was sealed in my ebay advert, but it was Mint-!)The Funny Girl LP had the wrong version of the song on it, I told him on the phone that I didnt rate the Lp at all etc!

So I asked for proof of posting, again no reply for ages.

I asked people I know in York if they knew this person and to make enquiries to see if he had proof of posting. He finally said he would replace the Lps......on 3/4/07

I am £125 out of pocket and im not happy about it!!What really annoys me is the lack of communication from this guy, probably 3 emails since early March.He has not responded to my last couple of emails, hence this posting.

I am not saying he did not return the LPs, but they are not here and the lack of emails from him and no proof of posting does pi+s me off!

I dont really want to have to file a Small claims Court summons (although I recently won a refund using that method) and I will use this again as a last resort Any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Paul

Edited by soul45s
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All Im looking for some advice here regarding some mysteriously dissapearing albums and a Bank cheque that was stopped by the sender after the albums had been delivered to him.

Back in early March I had some records for sale on Ebay and was contacted by a guy in York via email who wanted me to end the auctions early on 2 LPs:

JJ Barnes / Steve mancha 'Rare Stamps' Volt demo & Ripple Blast Singers 'Funny Girl'.........

I emailed him back and said I didnt want to end the auction as both of the items had a few people 'watching' them.

A couple of days later, there was a message on my answerphone asking me to contact the guy regarding the 2 Lps, so I did and foolishly agreed to sell him the 2 Lps for £125.

His cheque arrived the following day so I packed the Lps up and mailed them to him, paid the cheque into my bank then set off for a holiday in Spain

I came back from Spain and there was a letter from my bank saying the cheque had been stopped by the issuer!

I emailed the seller asking for an explanation and a replacement cheque, he did not reply. I went to the Prestatyn weekender and hoped there would be a replacement cheque posted in a couple of days.

Still no reply to my emails, after a few weeks I finally had a reply saying the LPs had been returned to me, the reason being:The Volt demo LP was not sealed (it did not say it was sealed in my ebay advert, but it was Mint-!)The Funny Girl LP had the wrong version of the song on it, I told him on the phone that I didnt rate the Lp at all etc!

So I asked for proof of posting, again no reply for ages.

I asked people I know in York if they knew this person and to make enquiries to see if he had proof of posting. He finally said he would replace the Lps......on 3/4/07

I am £125 out of pocket and im not happy about it!!What really annoys me is the lack of communication from this guy, probably 3 emails since early March.He has not responded to my last couple of emails, hence this posting.

I am not saying he did not return the LPs, but they are not here and the lack of emails from him and no proof of posting does pi+s me off!

I dont really want to have to file a Small claims Court summons (although I recently won a refund using that method) and I will use this again as a last resort Any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Paul

Thats ridiculous Paul. File the claim, and then name and shame him on here mate. There's just no excuse for being a T**t!

Social source share

Can't help with any usefull advice mate, only to say something that you obviously already know now.

Unless its going to someone you know and trust....NEVER post anything out before the buyers cheque clears.

Any decent and honest buyer should understand and respect the reasons for doing this.

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Can't help with any usefull advice mate, only to say something that you obviously already know now.

Unless its going to someone you know and trust....NEVER post anything out before the buyers cheque clears.

Any decent and honest buyer should understand and respect the reasons for doing this.

Hi Mace,

Im too bloody trusting, I have given collectors records to take home at niters on approval but they have always paid me the next time I saw them (or returned them to me) in the past

cheers

paul

Social source share

Hi Mace,

Im too bloody trusting, I have given collectors records to take home at niters on approval but they have always paid me the next time I saw them (or returned them to me) in the past

cheers

paul

You obviously have his address, a visit might be in order :thumbup: .

Russ

Social source share

Hi Paul, nothing worse especially when your honest and trusting and someone does that. Do think you made a very bad mistake in sending records out on trust before the cheque cleared. Secondly when wheeling and dealing on ebay you should always before any posting takes place ask in emails if the person is not happy will return items recorded or registered, that way you have a sound agreement for a small claim in court as evidence, or a claim by baseball bat wicked.gif . If you took someone to court and the person turned up and says he posted records the case would be slung out as its your word against his causing you even more expense. Always remember whilst most people are honest theres always people out to ram you in all walks of life, just got to be on your toes trust no one unless you know them. Name the guy see if anyone knows him then he maybe get back to you :thumbup: Starting to see more and more of this happening pretty sad.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hi Paul,

I know about this situation, as we have discussed it, and I am annoyed that the t**t has still not fronted up to this. Even more disapointing that he is from York, and shames this fine soul town! As you know, I have never heard of the guy, even tho' I must know all the soulies in York, and asking around, only one guy knew of him. Say the word, and I will take some chaps round for a 'visit' :lol::sleep3: if you need the 'last resort'!! :thumbsup: First off tho' put his name on here, he's had his chances, shame the cnut!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest soul kitten

Got to agree with trev :thumbsup:

need to name him ,lot of people on here from York one of us must know him and try and sort this out for you ,can t do with people conning others ,please let us know if not on forum ,pm me as i ll try n help :thumbsup:

Social source share

NAME AND SHAME AND THEN PAY HIM A VISIT TO HIS HOME ADDRESS WITH A BAT

Thanks for all the comments

I am hoping that he will get to hear about this posting and offer to settle this matter

If I dont hear from him within the next 24 hours then I will name & shame on here as I cannot afford to lose £125

cheers

Paul

Social source share

Thanks for all the comments

I am hoping that he will get to hear about this posting and offer to settle this matter

If I dont hear from him within the next 24 hours then I will name & shame on here as I cannot afford to lose £125

cheers

Paul

Mmmmm, sounds like a guy I had exactly the same problem with.

Social source share

its a shame when shit like this happens.

i had a guy on ebay selling which i thot was a real copy of alice clark lp(mainstream).

won it for £35,he then doubled the postage cause he thot i got it to cheap.

got lp,was reissue.he told me to send back.

only address i had was on the back of package it came in.

once i sent it he told me that wasnt his address(cost me £5 2 send recorded).

said i must feel stupid for sending to wrong address.

never got refund or anything,wish i had his address :thumbsup: .

his name is PURPLEIAMSHOPPING

ment to be a soul fan just like me ??????????????/

Social source share

Guest rasfoz

Hi Paul,

I know about this situation, as we have discussed it, and I am annoyed that the t**t has still not fronted up to this. Even more disapointing that he is from York, and shames this fine soul town! As you know, I have never heard of the guy, even tho' I must know all the soulies in York, and asking around, only one guy knew of him. Say the word, and I will take some chaps round for a 'visit' :lol:boxing.gif if you need the 'last resort'!! :D First off tho' put his name on here, he's had his chances, shame the cnut!

I had same kind of trouble 2 years ago though not with records , someone on ebay tried to mug me off for £120, i sent a cheque for goods i didnt recieve i was emailing phoneing him for about a month no reply until i mentioned on the tues in a email that i was going to sheffield at the weekend & would be calling in to his address in barnsely whilst on my travels to yorkshire, i had a cheque for £120 & a letter with every excuse about powerlines down broken email hit the doormat on the fri before i leftso it might be worth a go goodluck

Social source share

Sorry to read about this ....

As stated above , never send anything out until the cheque clears : I learnt my lesson early on selling on eBay , after sending the records out before the payment had cleared , when the ' buyer ' cancelled their cheque .

When / if I sell on ebay ( which is now a rarity , because of the sellers fees ) , it clearly states in my seller information , that goods will be sent once the money in respect of the cheque has cleared .

As someone in an earlier post has stated , you have their address ....... :D

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

Paul,

Should all else fail and this fool continues to think he is being smart. I have a contact Yorkshire ways, he will buy the debt from you (but you will only get £30 to £50) off him for the £125 sorry. He will collect no problems believe me. I know this is unsatisfactory financially but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing he's been sorted out. Ring me if you want me to have a word.

Paul

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Paul,

Should all else fail and this fool continues to think he is being smart. I have a contact Yorkshire ways, he will buy the debt from you (but you will only get £30 to £50) off him for the £125 sorry. He will collect no problems believe me. I know this is unsatisfactory financially but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing he's been sorted out. Ring me if you want me to have a word.

Paul

He sounds like the man for the job! :lol:boxing.gif

Social source share

Hi All

I have still not heard from the bloke in York with an offer to reimburse me for my loss of £125

So here is his name, as promised

Paul Armstrong

If anyone knows him, please remind him that I am expecting the payment asap, I think I have been very patient so far

regards

Paul

Social source share

Hi All

I have still not heard from the bloke in York with an offer to reimburse me for my loss of £125

So here is his name, as promised

Paul Armstrong

If anyone knows him, please remind him that I am expecting the payment asap, I think I have been very patient so far

regards

Paul

Surely someone in York knows this blaggard

PAUL ARMSTRONG ? ......

If he lived in the Dearne Area of South Yorkshire , he would have been tarred and feathered by now for what he had done ....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soul kitten

all sorted mate,Trev said look into my eyes hypo.gif tell me you sent money ,he promptly went to cash point and gave it him thumbsup.gif

think Trev has "Little Britain" influences unsure.gif

anyway can t be said the York crowd don't try and sort stuff out,

Cheers n well done Trev ,god knows what you d have done if hed said anything ,with your bad back and all laugh.gif

Edited by soul kitten
Social source share

all sorted mate,Trev said look into my eyes hypo.gif tell me you sent money ,he promptly went to cash point and gave it him thumbsup.gif

Cheers n well done Trev ,god knows what you d have done if hed said anything ,with your bad back and all laugh.gif

Many thanks, all finally sorted now

Much appreciated

cheers

Paul

Social source share

Guest Trevski

As long as you don't mean "the only gay in the village" :yes: (Its the devilish, stage hypnotist beard, I know!)

As for the bad back, It would have been ok, I would have just yelled "SHARON!!!" a threat of a whallop from you would have made him think twice, as Steve has told me on many an occaision! :P

Glad it all went well, actually, and it's sorted. Pity it took so long, and gave him a bad name, unfortunatly.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!