New Century Soul - This Saturday

Guest ShaneH

Well that is another weekend gone and time to start looking to the next!

I will be at the NCS nighter on saturday anyone else?

This event is also backed by the Ducie Bridge all-dayer from 3pm so it should be a good one.

Shane

• Replies 55
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If any NCSoul DJ's reading this can we have my current fave (oldie I know but its class!) - Johnnie Howard - The chase is on.  :thumbsup:

Shane

link

Thats been one of my faves as of late. Gets played at sheridans quite a bit.

Cant wait for sat, time for a big blow out. Could get messy in the ducie before hand, but that all depends on if my game is on or not (come on rain!!!!).

if the djs are taking requests - can i please hear devil woman by sir cliff

ta!

link

Hi Devil Woman

What time are you getting into Manchester on Sat???who is coming with you????Do you need somewhere to rest before flying back??

I was listening to the record from PiP,is it the haunting instrumental that i should like??Sounds good with lights down low.....

Its gonna be a bit crazy on Sat with 16hour soul session...

Sir Cliff xxx

I'll be making the perilous journey over the border into the lawless, bandit county who's name I cannot speak :D

I will be on full sensible mode until we get over to the NC (For the benefit of Chris Waterman :D )

Wendy, my favourite KP Nutter, I will play at least ONE super-sonic-speed dancer for you and dedicate it to all the Dublin lunatics :lol:

Should be at the Ducie about 2:00pm. Look forward to seeing you all at the bar, where I shall mainly be drinking J2O :)

Jamie :)

Guest James Trouble

I'll be making the perilous journey over the border into the lawless, bandit county who's name I cannot speak  :D

I will be on full sensible mode until we get over to the NC (For the benefit of Chris Waterman  :D )

Wendy, my favourite KP Nutter, I will play at least ONE super-sonic-speed dancer for you and dedicate it to all the Dublin lunatics  :lol:

Should be at the Ducie about 2:00pm. Look forward to seeing you all at the bar, where I shall mainly be drinking J2O  :)

Jamie  :)

link

Jamie on J2o? ha ha, now I've heard it all! :D

Guest Chris Waterman

I'll be making the perilous journey over the border into the lawless, bandit county who's name I cannot speak 

He means 'Gods country'

I will be on full sensible mode until we get over to the NC (For the benefit of Chris Waterman  :D )

Should be at the Ducie about 2:00pm. Look forward to seeing you all at the bar, where I shall mainly be drinking J2O  :lol:

Jamie  :)

link

Nice Nice :)

Edited by Chris Waterman

I must say I'm shocked at what I can only describe as 'Wrong' the impression people have got of young Jamie Hartford.

You people make out as though I'm some Hard-Drinkin' Fun-Lovin' Royster-Doyster Errol Flynn type character.

Deeply Shocked......

I've got it on a kent L.P ( no,no,no,no,no ) is that o.k or will I get hung for playing it on that....... :lol:

link

get it played John. send any critics to me!

Shane

Guest Chris Waterman

I've got it on a kent L.P ( no,no,no,no,no ) is that o.k or will I get hung for playing it on that....... :)

link

I don't have a problem with that format John, you just keep the dance floor moving :lol:

Its the other two I am worried about!

Hi Devil Woman

What time are you getting into Manchester on Sat???who is coming with you????Do you need somewhere to rest before flying back??

I was listening to the record from PiP,is it the haunting instrumental that i should like??Sounds good with lights down low.....

Sir Cliff xxx

dear cliff, please tell steve that i wont get to manchester till 11pm-ish & i am very sad i cant go drinking at the ducie all-dayer. pip will be glad to hear you found that 45 - it's a classic irish oldie :lol:

xxx

:) Woooohoooo dont you just love the approach of NCS and with the added bonus of the Ducie from 3 it is going to be a cracker.

Full limbering of joints for this one! drinking arm included :lol:

Still recovering from Leeds last friday.....i seem only able to negotiate my living room carpet with the aid of a pair of golf shoes, hope to be fully recovered for Saturday..........Looks as though my Soulsville men are going to have to be on soft drinks.... :lol:

I don't have a problem with that format John, you just keep the dance floor moving :lol:

Its the other two I am worried about!

link

Listen Mr W, us Soulsville boys are made of hardy stuff and also have youth on our side :D We'll be reet :D And only a couple of :) in the Ducie :D

Ask Brett - he's still not recovered from last Friday in a gentle evening warm up session :):D

Looking forward to it and Stevie's alldayer beforehand - gonna be a right soocial event!

Rich

Could get messy in the ducie before hand, but that all depends on if my game is on or not (come on rain!!!!).

link

Paul, if you put a little more thought into your game, you would have got yourself red-carded last week, thus leaving you free for this Saturday's festivities :):lol:

I've got it on a kent L.P ( no,no,no,no,no ) is that o.k or will I get hung for playing it on that....... :lol:

link

Go for it!

And if you or anyone else could play Jean Carter-Like One, Hamilton Movement, Jimmy Castor- Its Ok and anything else that keeps the tempo up....so much the better :)

Go for it!

And if you or anyone else could play Jean Carter-Like One, Hamilton Movement, Jimmy Castor- Its Ok and anything else that keeps the tempo up....so much the better :)

link

what's this jmmy castor tune?? has anyone got an audio link?

go go tempo :lol:

Here is the list for Ducie Bridge All-dayer..

Downstairs...

3pm..Rich and Jamie(soulville Leeds)

3.40..Little Richard(Joe Horton)

4.20..Steve cato...

5.00...John May..

5.40...Greystone soul club..Tony Jackson and Paul Havekin..

6.20...Dave Rimmer

7.00...The Mighty Mike Hughes(soul source landlord)

7.40....Mr Johnny one trout and his better half Alison..

8.20.. Special guest...Pete Fowler...Perth soul club, Australia...

9.00..Over the road....

Upstairs in th London room....The Pearly Queens

6.pm...Brett(the Ducie Bridge landlord

6.40... Rowly

7.20....AndyBB

8pm....Nick Hackett and Hanna(cockney duet)

9pm....Over the road....

Been a trying time to try and get everyone sorted..Hope this is ok...I want the soulville boys to play early and then they can get some shut eye before the evening.....

I think we have a good mix of 60s newies,crossover,Stompers,RnB and a touch of Modern...

See you all on Saturday for a shandy or two...........

Well that is another weekend gone and time to start looking to the next!

I will be at the NCS nighter on saturday anyone else?

This event is also backed by the Ducie Bridge all-dayer from 3pm so it should be a good one.

Shane

link

Is it easy to park is it in the centre of Manchester as its my first time there if anyone can help.

Billy

Is it easy to park is it in the centre of Manchester as its my first time there if anyone can help.

Billy

link

There's 2 large car parks over the road from the New Century-on Miller street (NCP I think). PLus there's a bit of road parking if you''re there early enough but check for any signs as some roads have got non obvious restrictions and you may get a clamp/ticket.

Listen Mr W, us Soulsville boys are made of hardy stuff and also have youth on our side  :lol: We'll be reet  :D And only a couple of  beer.gif in the Ducie  :D

Ask Brett  - he's still not recovered from last Friday in a gentle evening warm up session  :D   :D

Looking forward to it and Stevie's alldayer beforehand - gonna be a right soocial event!

Rich

link

I've been told there is a trap door on the stage at NCSS, I will try and steer Rich and Jamie over it, if someone can pull the lever off stage :D:):lol:

Here is the list for Ducie Bridge All-dayer..

Downstairs...

3pm..Rich and Jamie(soulville Leeds)

3.40..Little Richard(Joe Horton)

4.20..Steve cato...

5.00...John May..5.40...Greystone soul club..Tony Jackson and Paul Havekin..

6.20...Dave Rimmer

7.00...The Mighty Mike Hughes(soul source landlord)

7.40....Mr Johnny one trout and his better half Alison..

8.20..  Special guest...Pete Fowler...Perth soul club, Australia...

9.00..Over the road....

Upstairs in th London room....The Pearly Queens

6.pm...Brett(the Ducie Bridge landlord

6.40... Rowly

7.20....AndyBB

8pm....Nick Hackett and Hanna(cockney duet)

9pm....Over the road....

Been a trying time to try and get everyone sorted..Hope this is ok...I want the soulville boys to play early and then they can get some shut eye before the evening.....

I think we have a good mix of  60s newies,crossover,Stompers,RnB and a touch of Modern...

See you all on Saturday for a shandy or two...........

link

Oh yes......a 40 minute spot for me, going to be a flip of a coin for this one, 60's or Crossover........Mmm

Getting excited now :)

Billy

link

billy make sure you buy a parking ticket. many people including myself have been hit with a £70 fine across from new century. you have to pay until 10pm i think. double check mate!

shane

Guest mattmale

===========

me and matt and spec will be at manchester this saturday

hope to meet a few of you from on here

link

I second that, always a good nite :)

Oh yes......a 40 minute spot for me, going to be a flip of a coin for this one, 60's or Crossover........Mmm

Getting excited now :D

link

I was seriously considering playing 40 minutes of Deep Soul Ballads :D , but not certain if that would be appreciated by all and sundrie :) , so it will be a 60/70's mix............unless i wanna play my sunday tunes :D

Guest Chris Waterman

Billy

link

Billy

The ticket chap is a sneaky little S**T, he always hit the car parks 6-7am he knows most people leave around then and its easy money.

Try one of the side streets they are free after 5pm until 8am Monday.

Regards

Chris W

Billy

The ticket chap is a sneaky little S**T, he always hit the car parks 6-7am he  knows most people leave around then and its easy money.

Try one of the side streets they are free after 5pm until 8am Monday.

Regards

Chris W

link

Thanks all 4 being very helpful looking forward 2 Saturday.

Billy :)

Guest Richard Bergman

Soul police will be on patrol at the Ducie..On the look out for a man with dodgy 12"...

link

Wendy were all after a man with a dodgy 12 inch - (if Sid James was gay this is the type of thing he would say )