Advice Needed - Re Posting 78s

I have a load of 78s i want to stick on ebay. Before i do would like some advice on the best form of packaging for them.

Anyone on here sold 78s on ebay? and what method of packaging is best?

t.i.a

Derek

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

They are a real pain to send, especially if they're made out of shellac. But I've sold a couple on eBay and I've sent them out well packaged in US-type 12" mailers with lots of cardboard and bubble-wrap padding. All of them arrived in nice shape except this one:

post-1392-1179269336_thumb.jpg

:angry:

So I refunded the buyer.

But what I'm saying is: pack them properly with lots of bubble-wrap type stuff and what-have-you. But in my experience no matter how well you pack them, those shellac 78s are some damn fragile records... :D

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

They are a real pain to send, especially if they're made out of shellac. But I've sold a couple on eBay and I've sent them out well packaged in US-type 12" mailers with lots of cardboard and bubble-wrap padding. All of them arrived in nice chape except this one:

post-1392-1179269336_thumb.jpg

:angry:

So I refunded the buyer.

But what I'm saying is: pack them properly with lots of bubble-wrap type stuff and what-have-you. But in my experience no matter how well you pack them, those shellac 78s are some damn fragile records... :D

Thanks Sebastian,

I was told a while back that you can get 10" mailing boxes esp for 78s but for the life of me can't find them anywhere.

Derek

Social source share

...Sold and mailed plenty of 78s down the years - all over the world - using these boxes. Never yet had a breakage, to my knowledge...

I wouldn't send 'em out in anything else, frankly.

TONE

I sold a load of 78s on eBay a few years ago and found the best way was to get polysterene ceiling tiles from a DIY shop, use two of them one with a hole cut in to fit a 78 inside, bubblewrap on the top and all packed inside an american style mailer making sure it's a nice tight fit.

Adam.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!