Is This Only On British?

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

CHEERS PETE....value on dynamo??

All I know it's pretty rare - alot of people have looked at it when I've had it for sale but they probably think it must be common but nobody remembers the last time they saw one. I paid about 35 quid for that one, which is probably about right, I think it books about 60 and others might be able to get that for it, I can't :angry:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Think I might actually have a spare on Dynamo demo, I'll have a look tonight and PM you. I' guess I'd be looking for Pete's sort of price, or a bit less, if I do have the spare still and you're interested...

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

No disrespect but that is a F**** mess

...and therein lies its appeal, IMO. A great record to shout along with or at, when you've had a gallon or two...

Social source share

Ahh and to use as an ashtray imo

Its a great nostalgia record for me, low ceiling venue, lots of little rooms with dodgy geezers with Brutus button down shirts, white sta press..200 on a dance floor that holds 100...the buzz when this kicked off I can still smell.#

I guess I could buy Norman Greenbum-Spirit in the Sky.

Rouncey..I'll take your spare white promo off ya mate..pm me with details etc.

cheers..

Manny you dare tell anyone about me, my mate and the naked nurse and I'll kill ya..

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Its a great nostalgia record for me, low ceiling venue, lots of little rooms with dodgy geezers with Brutus button down shirts, white sta press..200 on a dance floor that holds 100...the buzz when this kicked off I can still smell.#

...excatly. I can remember Mike Raven playing it as a hot new release and hearing again, just 5 days later, at the local youth club. It's not really meant for home listening - a bit like Stanley Mitchell, in fact - but in the dance, it's peerlessly mindless. Again, a bit like Stanley Mitchell, which it's much better than, BTW...

Paul, I'll get back to you about the spare (if I still have it, and I think I do) by the morning. It's a white demo, like the one that Pete put up earlier in this thread. I'm pretty certain I still have it, as I can't remember flogging it to anyone....

Social source share

Hi John

How much is a SM stocker

I had to think what SM was.. £500 for a clean stocker.. but they are styrene..

and the demo's are vinyl so my choice would be the cheaper DEMO @£400-ish

and please don't slag of Brooks & Jerry this was the #1 tune @ our school dance 1968....2nd. to Joyce Bond - Do The Teasy @ # 3 was James Boys The Horse- we were real hip at our school..

Social source share

...excatly. I can remember Mike Raven playing it as a hot new release and hearing again, just 5 days later, at the local youth club. It's not really meant for home listening - a bit like Stanley Mitchell, in fact - but in the dance, it's peerlessly mindless. Again, a bit like Stanley Mitchell, which it's much better than, BTW...

Paul, I'll get back to you about the spare (if I still have it, and I think I do) by the morning. It's a white demo, like the one that Pete put up earlier in this thread. I'm pretty certain I still have it, as I can't remember flogging it to anyone....

I agree with both you and Paul , Tony .....

" IGWIT " is a classic record , which evokes those halcyon days ...... thumbsup.gif

Malc Burton

Social source share

I agree with both you and Paul , Tony .....

" IGWIT " is a classic record , which evokes those halcyon days ...... thumbsup.gif

Malc Burton

Certainly takes me back to my youth, Malc & Co.

One of the first non Motown records in my collection as a lad.

A Real Good Old Fashioned Rave Up from Brooks O'Dell & Jerry Williams.

Not a 'pretty' record... but Paul summed it up perfectly.

I guess the vibe suited the atmosphere at the time.

T'was the one tune that everybody could sing along to.

Even those (or especially those) who couldn't sing.

Sean

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Ahh and to use as an ashtray imo

NO, NO, NO! Don't! Have another listen (or three), and listen to the rapport between them, how they tease each other and the humour in the lyrics, and I think you'll grow to love it. It comes on like a live performance in your living room!

Besides, Brooks & Jerry is a 'sixties Wheel classic, and greatly loved, so hands off! :thumbsup: (but is HAS to be on UK Direction for me!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!