3 Scarce Modern / Crossover 45s For Sale

Hi all - three 45s I have ready to list but no up to date prices ???

Any help with the current going rate appreciated, or if interested, please make me an offer....

Can add soundfiles if you need....

Cheers Girth

post-1927-1179320476_thumb.jpg

Rare LA crossover - only the 2nd copy i've ever handled - this is my old copy, which is a little marked and has a little noise at the intro and a few pops here & there.....really nothing drastic and to be honest, if pushed, i'd still keep this and sell the NM copy i've just picked up.

post-1927-1179320495_thumb.jpg

Since buying this 5 / 6 years ago (v cheaply) I don't recall seeing another for sale......so I have no idea what this should be worth ??

post-1927-1179320548_thumb.jpg

Great modern soul & two step flip - used to see this occasionally up until 3 or 4 years ago - I suspect its not easy to find now, I can't find a recent sale price for it ???

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mark shepherd

t.browns guide has them at - £75 / £30 / £150

bit of a variation there then on the last 2 whistling.gif

Social source share

soundclips would be nice yes!

Hi - just on my way out to DJ the @ ANC 80s modern soul special & beer appreciation society monthly AGM wink.gif

I will post soundclips when I get in this evening - no time left now....

Cheers Gareth

Details of this evening if anyone fancies it !!

Next Wed (16th May) sees A New Chapter return . This time it`s the 80`s special part 2 . Joining myself (Mark Houghton) ,Steve Cole and Gareth Donovan will be Special Guests Simon Murray and Paul Phillips As usual the night runs from 6.30 and takes place at the "3 Blind Mice (formerly Smersh Bar) ", 5 Ravey St London EC2 (nearest tubes- Old St/Liverpool St). Admission is Free.

Social source share

Yo people........all three still available plus more set sale on a separate thread..... I've had plenty of PMs & emails bout these three tho' but no offers yet that i'm happy to accept.......the H Andrews in particular has drawn alot of interest but only two offers of note - to be honest, even before I let it be known I had a spare, I was expecting a bit more than i've been offered. I knew it was a very scarce item, relatively unknown and considering the names who have shown interest, its obviously a gap in a good many collections - and absolutely no-one seems sure of a firm price ??? i'm 100% sure that neither John or Tim would offer it up @ their guide prices :shades: so unless someone really wants it and is prepared to make an offer that makes me smile, I am inclined to hang on to it and let it mature a little....... :yes:

Cheers Girth

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

whats the offers up to at this point,

or better still whats going to make you "smile", well just a little at the corner of your mouth, not a big cheesy grin

shep :thumbsup:

PM if youd rather

Social source share

Guest Adam G

Gareth

If you put up the other side of the Buddy Ace "I'll love you" bet it will fly out.

Remember Ste Plumb playing this side at Soul Essence and a few Northwest weekenders at Fleetwood

around 1993.By far the better side.Gouchers been playing this and says its a few bobs worth now.

Adam

Social source share

Just a quickie update on these three....

Firstly I've had massive interest in the H. Andrews 45......about 30 odd separate pm's & emails from my list mailout.......but no-one able to actually price it and out of all that only two (other) actual offers, the highest of which was (just) below a figure I had in mind. I had done my homework, so I knew it was super scarce and that the prices given in Manship's or T Brown's guides were way out of date......I've now had conversations with a couple of collectors who also have copies, and a well known dealer, and all agree that we've seen way less copies of this than some £1000+ tunes.....so for the time being I am gonna hold off selling it, and either decide to auction it in the near future or use it for a good trade for something I really want.....

The Buddy Ace & Justice Dept. now both sold.....

Cheers Gareth

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!