Bob & Earl Instrumental

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

That was around way before Soussan got the Mirwood tapes...first played off the B & C album then released on Jayboy 1970-71 ???

It was 1973 on Jay Boy, the B&C album actually has the Bobby Garrett vocal, I think it's the US Crestview LP that has it as an instrumental. I need to know which way it was played first.

Dave rimmer can you ask Max?

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Ady

I have spoke to Max and he recalls playing the vocal cica 71 of a single and remembers Bob Crocker and Alan S playing it a year or so before him

Regards

Chris W

Social source share

I have spoke to Max and he recalls playing the vocal cica 71 of a single and remembers Bob Crocker and Alan S playing it a year or so before him

Regards

Chris W

Thanks for that but it wasn't what I was after. I need to know in what format the instrumental was first played; US LP or Jay Boy single?

Cheers

Ady

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Regards

Chris W

Thanks for that but it wasn't what I was after. I need to know in what format the instrumental was first played; US LP or Jay Boy single?

Cheers

Ady

link

Ady

Max can't remember the instrumental being played at the Cat's and Neil Rushton can only recall it being played out as the Jay Boy single

regards

Chris W

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Crestview LP- before Jay Boy release-only I cant remember who.

The lp's differed in most tracks didnt they?

Couldn't have been Simon- he was still only just out of the Leeds? area with his 'profits'.

The man for actual info on the genesis of Mirwood is a Nottingham guy who's name elludes me-got it Mick Gordon, friend of Jonathon, Andy Lee(RIP) and prob KRoberts, John Poole will prob knowhow to get in touch.

He had Mirwood, the lot, in various guises,colours and acetates + serious info on the history etc

hope that might help- but not Jay Boy-

Did the l.p also get a release on Mirwood? or Mira? OR something from the states related to A Wright and friends????

Social source share

Crestview LP- before Jay Boy release-only I cant remember who.

The lp's differed in most tracks didnt they?

Couldn't have been Simon- he was still only just out of the Leeds? area with his 'profits'.

The man for actual info on the genesis of Mirwood is a Nottingham guy who's name elludes me-got it Mick Gordon, friend of Jonathon, Andy Lee(RIP) and prob KRoberts, John Poole will prob knowhow to  get in touch.

He had Mirwood, the lot, in various guises,colours and acetates + serious info on the history etc

hope that might help- but not Jay Boy-

Did the l.p also get a release on Mirwood? or Mira? OR something from the states related to A Wright and friends????

link

That sounds like a good lead. Can anyone help out with John Poole's contacts?

Social source share

link

There were only Jackie Lee and Olympics solo soul LPs on Mirwood. The Bob & Earls were two different ones on US Crestview the first of which contains My Little Girl and came out on B&C and Jay Boy. The second came out on Joy over here.

I've found John Poole's details thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!