The Orwell - This Friday 25th May - Bank Holiday Special

As with last month, we have TWO guest DJ's making their FIRST ever appearence at The Orwell. Really looking forward to seeing Chris & Eddy on the 25th! It's a Bank Holiday so we've got an extra hour to play with this month too!!!

If you are wondering what the Orwell is like why not have a look at some of April's highlights by clicking on the following link

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

FRIDAY 25th May

One Room Bank Holiday Special

70's Modern Soul & Crossover

DJ's - FLANNY, STEVE CONNOR, STEVE PLUMB, BARRY MALEADY

Guest DJ's CHRIS ANDERTON & EDDY EDMONDSON

9pm til 3am (with 2am bar)

£6 ON THE DOOR!!!!!!!

www.soulmusic.co.uk/the_orwell.htm

Edited by Steve Plumb
  • Replies 26
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As with last month, we have TWO guest DJ's making their FIRST ever appearence at The Orwell. Really looking forward to seeing Chris & Eddy on the 25th! It's a Bank Holiday so we've got an extra hour to play with this month too!!!

If you are wondering what the Orwell is like why not have a look at some of April's highlights by clicking on the following link

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

FRIDAY 25th May

£6 ON THE DOOR!!!!!!!

www.soulmusic.co.uk/the_orwell.htm

For those that were wondering................Soul Sam 'out on loan' again this month................have done a deal with a certain Mr Searling esq for the weekend which gives us a chance to put TWO brand new 'first time' guest DJ's on this month as we did back in April thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Guest recordman

Looking forward to Friday ....especially the boy Chris Anderton is making his debut, WELL OVER DUE I SAY plus Eddie Edmonson is also spinnin' for the first time great stuff

So the messege is...DONT LOSE OUT !!!

Start the bank holiday weekend off in style at The Orwell

THIS FRIDAY 25TH MAY THE ORWELL WIGAN PIER WIGAN 01942-323035 / 36

:thumbsup:

I`m really looking forward to this one guys....love the venue, be great to get behind the decks and spin a few tunes.

Not sure if I`m going to ruin your marketing blurb Steve, but this is not actually my first time DJing at the Orwell, did a spot about 6 years ago...but fair to say its my first set in a long, long time!

I think there are a couple making the journey from the East mids...so coupled with the Sits crowd it should be a good night!

Chris.

ps, come on Derby!

I`m really looking forward to this one guys....love the venue, be great to get behind the decks and spin a few tunes.

Not sure if I`m going to ruin your marketing blurb Steve, but this is not actually my first time DJing at the Orwell, did a spot about 6 years ago...but fair to say its my first set in a long, long time!

I think there are a couple making the journey from the East mids...so coupled with the Sits crowd it should be a good night!

Chris.

ps, come on Derby!

Oops......sorry mate - you're right of course :(

Please pretend that it's your first time - at least it gives us chance to get to the top of the 'events' threads for a few moments :sleep3:

Seriously though, looking forward to Friday :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Guest recordman

Kick start your bank holiday weekend this Friday 25th May

with a visit to The Orwell Wigan Pier Wigan

That young Chris Anderton fellow along with Eddie Edmonson

will be on hand to play some very nice crossover & 70s tuneage

The event starts at 9-00pm and goes on very very late

Chris ! Any chance of that Willie Pickett slab going round on Friday?

Aw go-on go-on go-on go-on go-on

See you Friday Folks !

Chris ! Any chance of that Willie Pickett slab going round on Friday?

OK mate, consider that the first request of the night! remind me if i get half way through and havent played it...got a memory like a seive!

Looks like being a busy night, few mates confirmed their attendence tonight...

A perfect weekend...The Orwell on Friday then see Derby get to the promised land on Monday!

Chris

Guest recordman

The Orwell Wigan Pier Wigan This Friday 25th May With Guest DJ's Chris anderton & Eddie Edmonson

THE ORWELL - WIGAN PIER WIGAN 9-00pm Til LATE

A GENUINE CONTENDER OF THE PLACE TO BE THIS FRIDAY

yippee its nearly Friday, and me and Michael will definately be coming along to shout rude comments to Chris and maybe have a dance or two...

can't wait as its been a while since I last got on the dancefloor there...

oh and its only a week or so till my birthday, so I will apologise now if I'm incoherant, or even more exhuberant than ususal cool.gif

Guest recordman

The Orwell Wigan Pier Wigan This Friday 25th May With Guest DJ's Chris anderton & Eddie Edmonson

THE ORWELL - WIGAN PIER WIGAN 9-00pm Til LATE

yippee its nearly Friday, and me and Michael will definately be coming along to shout rude comments to Chris and maybe have a dance or two...

can't wait as its been a while since I last got on the dancefloor there...

oh and its only a week or so till my birthday, so I will apologise now if I'm incoherant, or even more exhuberant than ususal cool.gif

Wa hey

Be good to see you both.........although I bet we hear you before we see you :ohmy:

Cheers

Steve

Steve, I dont think i can make Friday after all...not feeling too good...!

Been sorting some tunes out yesterday, been digging back to some stuff i havent played in ages...not sure what my spot will be like but i had fun sorting thru the boxes!

Chris.

Guest recordman

FRIDAY 25th May...........

THE ORWELL "On The Real Side "

WIGAN PIER WIGAN 9-00pm Til LATE

MEETING THE NEEDS OF Quality Crossover &70s FANS

WILL TRY TO GET THERE CHRIS,

IT WOULD BE GOOD TO BE IN MY HOME TOWN AGAIN.NOT SEEN YOU FOR A WHILE IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE A RATTLE AND HERE YOU PLAY SOME TUNES.

IF I DONT MAKE IT COZ OF TIME! (IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO PASS ME BY THESE DAYS)

I WILL SEE YOU AT BURTON ON SUNDAY, HAVE A GUD UN.

JOHN FISHER

I WILL SEE YOU AT BURTON ON SUNDAY, HAVE A GUD UN.

JOHN FISHER

Hi John, Now this is the sort of place playing the kind of tunes you would just die for mate! Really hope you can make it, Rob, Kev and Vick, Rich are coming up....would be great to see you!

Cant make Burton on Sunday unfortunatly, had 2 things on the same night....plus i need an early start on Monday to get to Wembley!!!

Take care mate,...

Chris

try not to be too disappointed, but it looks like we're not coming!

I'm full of lurgy.... and have spent the last 2 days either asleep or with my head in a bucket! I'm feeling a bit more human now, but not enough to warrant a night out :D

I'm sure you'll have fun without me - Mick and Mo you'll love it (and your CD was fab will PM you all about it later) - make sure you pester Steve for a spot wink.gif

Guest recordman

FRIDAY 25th May...........

Guest recordman

Here are the confirmed runners & riders for tonight

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

FRIDAY 25th May

£6 ON THE DOOR!!!!!!!

Guest Adam G

Gutted that the Middlesbrough contingent of Orwellians cant make another one!.

Dont have to say have a good one .One of the most consistantly quality venues in the country for crossover,7ts 8ts just good soul music. I wanted to get my ciggys back from Smithy after his drunken tap at Yarmouth!!.

But dont let any one think they have dabs on the bottom left table!!

Adam