Sylvia Smith And Frankie Redmond

Hello to every one.

I made this question a week ago on the Angelo bond's thread but it seems nobody read it (?).

Sylvia Smith cut "Original Midnight Mama", a soul - rock flavoured (not over-rocking!) with high energy on vocals and guitars... and a very good synthesizer.

Frankie Redmond cut "Fifhting To keep My Head Above Water", a kind of Curti's "Future Shock" clon, but also more rock flavoured.

I got both tracks on spanish Mediterr¡neo - ABC "Soul Food / Soul a la Carta" (1976) and simply wondered who are these two artists and if it is worth to find more of their stuff... Any info is highly well recieved.

Many thanks in advance for your responses.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Manny

Sylvia Smith had an LP out entitled Woman Of The World (abc Records) from 1975. The song you mention Original Midnight Mama is the first track on the LP. A more noteworthy side is the fantastic ballad 'Shape Your Arms Like A Cradle' plus a nice dancer 'Breakin' Up A Happy Home'

Shouldn't be too difficult to get.

Hope this helps

Pat

Social source share

Many thanks, S7soul and Philippe!

Is the first time I see a picture of Sylvia. In the ABC various artists album I refered there are pictures of Rufus, Mighty Clouds Of Joy, etc. But no one of Sylvia and Frankie Redmond.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert