Tony Talent

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

Was there ever a TONY TALENT.........

The guy on Van McCoys Label Vando with 'Gotta tell somebody(about my baby)

Wasnt Van McCoy known as LITTLE TONY TALENT.........

Appreciate any feedback........

cheers

mel-o-delphia :thumbsup:

pic of Little Tony Talent/Van McCoy

post-6164-1179356458_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Paul

Hello,

"Little Tony Talent" was William Anderson from Philadelphia. He was managed by Gene Lawson who owned Uplook Records.

Before he cut the single with Van McCoy in 1967 (both sides were versions of songs from the Chris Bartley album on Vando) he'd had an earlier 45 on Symbol which was produced by Jesse Herring.

His Vando tracks are on 'The Uplook Records Story' (Grapevine GVCD 3033) which also features the photo you posted.

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hello,

"Little Tony Talent" was William Anderson from Philadelphia. He was managed by Gene Lawson who owned Uplook Records.

Before he cut the single with Van McCoy in 1967 (both sides were versions of songs from the Chris Bartley album on Vando) he'd had an earlier 45 on Symbol which was produced by Jesse Herring.

His Vando tracks are on 'The Uplook Records Story' (Grapevine GVCD 3033) which also features the photo you posted.

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

The Symbol one is very rare northern - an ex Searling spin from Wigan. Must admit on hearing it I thought it was a female singer rather than a kid!

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Hello,

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

Many thanks for that

I was told on supposedly good authority that little tony talent was van mccoy

from a so called 'expert'

thank you for putting things in order..... thumbsup.gif

mel

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

The Symbol one is very rare northern - an ex Searling spin from Wigan. Must admit on hearing it I thought it was a female singer rather than a kid!

I have the Album......excellent as well thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Paul

Many thanks for that

I was told on supposedly good authority that little tony talent was van mccoy

from a so called 'expert'

thank you for putting things in order..... thumbsup.gif

mel

Hello Mel,

You should never listen to "experts".

If Tony Talent was Van McCoy, it would have meant that Van was singing in groups before he was old enough to walk and writing hit songs when he was still in junior school!

It seems that Little Tony Talent was 12-years old or so when he cut his first record in 1966. And it might be very rare but I wouldn't pay 50p for a copy.

rolleyes.gif

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hello Mel,

If Tony Talent was Van McCoy, it would have meant that Van was singing in groups before he was old enough to walk and writing hit songs when he was still in junior school!

It seems that Little Tony Talent was 12-years old or so when he cut his first record in 1966. And it might be very rare but I wouldn't pay 50p for a copy.

rolleyes.gif

Paul Mooney

It doesn't sound very good today.....never stood the test of time really.

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Hello Mel,

:thumbsup:

Paul Mooney

:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!