Astronaut Label , Detroit

I recently obtained a copy of " She's Mine " / " Hurt " by The Tears , on the Astronaut label ......

Astronaut is again , another label that I have not seen before .....

Was " She's Mine " - label number 5001 - the only release on this label , or were there others ?

Over to you .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Not seen any other releases on the label, so would assume it's the only release.

Reliable group vocal sources date the Tears record at 1961. But beware of boots which were put out for the doo-wop market - they have a bevelled edge and are quite lightweight.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I recently obtained a copy of " She's Mine " / " Hurt " by The Tears , on the Astronaut label ......

Was " She's Mine " - label number 5001 - the only release on this label , or were there others ?

Over to you .....

Malc Burton

It's the only record I've had on the label, if I remember right isn't it yellow and wasn't Gino Washington in the group?? Is he credited..?? I sold acopy some time ago for £75.

Social source share

It's the only record I've had on the label, if I remember right isn't it yellow and wasn't Gino Washington in the group?? Is he credited..?? I sold acopy some time ago for £75.

Good morning , Obi Wan ......

Correct ; the label is yellow , and Gino Washington is credited as one of the writers , along with

O.George and G.Garrett .....

Not a boot , and a nice result , as it was nowhere near £75 that I paid for it ; but you would expect that of a Yorkshireman wouldn't you , John .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Over to you .....

Malc Burton

Hi Malc

Don't think it's the same Astronaut label but there is a 45 by the wonderfully named Stormy Brooks & Escapades called Doris on Astronaut 116 doo wop record

Dazz

Social source share

Hi Malc

Don't think it's the same Astronaut label but there is a 45 by the wonderfully named Stormy Brooks & Escapades called Doris on Astronaut 116 doo wop record

Dazz

Agreed ., a wonderful name ......

Sounds like a group who would have played the working men's club in t'north in the 60s ....

You can just picture the scene .....

" Now Ladies and Gentlemen , we have a turn for your pleasure this evening , who are going to sing their gramophone record " Doris " for us ..... "

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

:D

Same writing team as " She's Mine " / " Hurt " .......

Label design very similar , but no release number as with the above disc ......

Can we presume this to be another release on Astronaut ? .....

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Same writing team as " She's Mine " / " Hurt " .......

Label design very similar , but no release number as with the above disc ......

Can we presume this to be another release on Astronaut ? .....

Malc Burton

everything pointing to same label. Do you know the flip Mel?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!