El Corols........Ain't No Bragg........Rouser

Please PM me if you can help.

Cheers

Doc

Bily Hambric on a list earlier in the week

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48018

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

hi ive got the mintiest copy of billy hambric ive ever seen mint vinyl and no water damage to the label :wicked: ...and its for sale....250 squids PM me if ya interested :ohmy:

cookie :shades:

Cookie

Many thanks for the offer. I've just finished buying one on here. If it all falls through I'll be straight back to you. :yes:

Many thanks

Doc

Social source share

Few more wants if anyone can help

Billy Hambric........She Said Goodbye........Drum 1204

George Tindley........Ain't Gonna Worry About You........Doo Wop

Exceptions........Baby I Need You........Groovey Grooves

Cheers

Doc

How much does the Exceptions go for ????.

Thanks.

Russ

Social source share

Cheers

Doc

Butch has still got George Tindley in his sales box, but it's a bit steep. :wicked:

I've got the Exceptions, but I don't think I'll sell at the moment. :shades::yes:

Social source share

Cheers

Doc

Are there two versions of the Exceptions track.............???? Im sure I have heard a slightly faster more gritty version, may have dreamt it, or maybe the decks were pitched up slightly, as I probably was.

Russ

Social source share

Are there two versions of the Exceptions track.............???? Im sure I have heard a slightly faster more gritty version, may have dreamt it, or maybe the decks were pitched up slightly, as I probably was.

Russ

there's a version with no horns, not sure if it's been released though, officially anyway? I've got it on a cd somewhere.

Social source share

Russ

Here you go Russ. This is the unreleased version, faster and more powerfull. Don't know who has the acetate, but I'd love to own it. https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Excepti..._I_Need_You.ram

Phil.

Social source share

it has had spins over the years Russ. Certainly knew it from way back, I've got it on a tape somewhere. Andy Rix/Rob Thomas had the acetate, it was a scenesville spin for Andy. The acetate could have headed to Nottingham, know Mick H spins it but not sure if acetate or issue????

Know several djs who have had a bash with it over the years but as good as it is it justnever seems to appeal to the floor for some reason.

I actually prefer the released version without the horns etc...

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Of all the "Impact Sound Studio" Acetates, there are more copies of this one than any other. We estimate that Phil Gaber had at least 10 cut of this track (he must have had his reasons), of which I know the whereabouts of about 7, in peoples collections, including 1 that I sold, and 1 that I kept. Whereas, for instance, there is only 1 "real" Acetate of the "Royal 5 - Don't Stop" on a single sided Acetate that only came out of Phil's personal collection in March of this Year.

DES PARKER

Social source share

it has had spins over the years Russ. Certainly knew it from way back, I've got it on a tape somewhere. Andy Rix/Rob Thomas had the acetate, it was a scenesville spin for Andy. The acetate could have headed to Nottingham, know Mick H spins it but not sure if acetate or issue????

Know several djs who have had a bash with it over the years but as good as it is it justnever seems to appeal to the floor for some reason.

I actually prefer the released version without the horns etc...

I must agree with Chalky. The released version does grow on you. And now I think I prefer it.

Social source share

I must agree with Chalky. The released version does grow on you. And now I think I prefer it.

Im not sure wether the 'other' version I have heard is the issued version or another unissued mix. Can anyone pse post the issued version pse. Thank you for answering all my questions on this everyone & once again apologies for kinda hijacking the original post.

Russ

Social source share

Im not sure wether the 'other' version I have heard is the issued version or another unissued mix. Can anyone pse post the issued version pse. Thank you for answering all my questions on this everyone & once again apologies for kinda hijacking the original post.

Russ

It's there, you've played it as your last played clip. That is the released version.

Social source share