Soul+ At The Runaway Girl, Sheffield Tonight

NORTHERN SOUL NIGHT IN SHEFFIELD CITY CENTRE

Anyone in Sheffield tonight who fancies a gentle Thursday evening warm-up of across the board northern- call in to the Runaway Girl Bar on Arundel Street (next to Sheff Hallam Uni- about two mins up from the station).

This is a bar event, which has been hosting a soul-centred night for the last couple of months. Sometimes there are live bands- generally funk outfits or such like, and on these night there are DJ sets covering a broad range of soul, funk etc.

We've convinced the management that one Thursday per month- we will have proper northern soul DJ sets, and that's what's happening tonight. DJing from me (Lofty- Soul Republic) and John Moffatt (KGB, Victory club). John plays a bit of RnB, and I drop in a few more 7Ts tunes. We both cover the classics and oldies- so all in all across the board. If we can get a few in, we plan to ask guests DJs from near and far.

The venue has a nice bar vibe, with decent sound system. You can eat there until 9.00 (highly recommended tapas prepared by mod-father look-alike chef Richie), with music being turned up from that point onward. It stays open till 1.00 (to some extent dependent upon number in at that stage). There's a small dancing area (slabs- so dont pack your talc!) - but that's not the point really. Like I said, its a listening and chatting night really.

It would be great to see a few down with for sale boxes and alike.

I'll be posting the future dates on the calendar, with further info.

Would be great to see some soul sourcers down there.

cheers

Lofty thumbsup.gif

• Replies 0
  • Views 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Source Advert