Hanging Up The Promoters Hat

Guest Debs

Guest Debs

Well after 4 fantastic years down in Bridgwater I am sad to say that from the end of 2007 I will be taking a back seat and hanging up my "promoters hat". Now I know what a bunch of gossips we soulies all are so I thought I'd give you the "story" myself lol.................................Oh dear sorry to disappoint you .....there isn't one!............ No fall outs, no problems, no differences in opinions, no arguments over music policy bla bla bla. :o) Its simply because I just haven't got the time at the moment to be able to commit myself as much as I feel I should to be able to to call myself a "Promoter". Those of you that know me will know that I am 100% maniac about anything I do and can not do anything half measures. The move to Wales and the fact that Brendan is still only 19 months old and very demanding! Has made it very difficult for me to get out and about on the scene. I feel a bit "removed" from it all at the moment. So to be fair to both Pete (who is still my bestest friend ever) and all the lovely people that come and support us at Bridgwater, I have come to the decision that while I am unable to give everyone the commitment that is required, my promoters "hat' is going to have to sit on its peg and wait. Now all that said ..... If you live in the Valleys and are a particular lover of Motown you had better watch this space. Pete and I along with a particularly well known DJ from the Valleys LOL may well have something smaller and closer to home (the Rhondda) simmering in the pot. Well I am all packed for a fantastic weekend in Torquay so those of you that are going see you there!!! Those of you who aren't going....Ha Ha Ha you're gonna miss out on all the fun LOL See you all when I get back Debs xx

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well after 4 fantastic years down in Bridgwater I am sad to say that from the end of 2007 I will be taking a back seat and hanging up my "promoters hat". Now I know what a bunch of gossips we soulies all are so I thought I'd give you the "story" myself lol.................................Oh dear sorry to disappoint you .....there isn't one!............ No fall outs, no problems, no differences in opinions, no arguments over music policy bla bla bla. :o) Its simply because I just haven't got the time at the moment to be able to commit myself as much as I feel I should to be able to to call myself a "Promoter". Those of you that know me will know that I am 100% maniac about anything I do and can not do anything half measures. The move to Wales and the fact that Brendan is still only 19 months old and very demanding! Has made it very difficult for me to get out and about on the scene. I feel a bit "removed" from it all at the moment. So to be fair to both Pete (who is still my bestest friend ever) and all the lovely people that come and support us at Bridgwater, I have come to the decision that while I am unable to give everyone the commitment that is required, my promoters "hat' is going to have to sit on its peg and wait. Now all that said ..... If you live in the Valleys and are a particular lover of Motown you had better watch this space. Pete and I along with a particularly well known DJ from the Valleys LOL may well have something smaller and closer to home (the Rhondda) simmering in the pot. Well I am all packed for a fantastic weekend in Torquay so those of you that are going see you there!!! Those of you who aren't going....Ha Ha Ha you're gonna miss out on all the fun LOL See you all when I get back Debs xx

Good gal....you have a fantastic time babes....take care....luv Delxxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!