ARTHUR FENN

ANDY WHITMORE

join resident MARIA O

spinning a quality soul selection, featuring 60's & 70s soul

at

The CANAL TAVERN

South Parade, Thorne (Doncaster), DN8 5DZ

4PM - 1AM

£7 on door (extra venue costs for this one)

Accommodation and travel details can be found on the website, so best to grab a room/booking early. Drop me a PM if you want some more help.

>> VISIT HERE <<

Flyers are OUT in early June

We hope to see you there :wicked:

m

ps. some changes for our November one underway ...please stay tuned

Edited by Maria O
  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Right now, the Belmont Hotel :thumbsup: has a room for two at £39 (breakfast is extra) and extra for meals to £150.

First come, first served - >>CLICK HERE<< to see if any are left

On another website, the same hotel is £40 for a single and £50 for a double with breakfast ..here

This is probably the nearest hotel to the venue too shhh.gif

There are more options nearby:

Thorne Central Guest House at 11a, Queen St, Thorne Tel: 01405 818358

Travelodge Hotels Ltd at Junction 5, M18 Motorway, Thorne, Tel: 0870 0850950

Ashcroft Lodge at 18, Field Rd, Thorne, Tel: 01405 813140

The Grange B & B at Grange Road, Moorends, Doncaster, Phone / Fax: 01405 815028

m

Edited by Maria O
  • 1 month later...

For the next Boomerang, we're very pleased to announce a

*** AN 8 HOUR SUMMER SPECIAL ***

with a 4PM start!!!

Um... luckily nobody else could count either :unsure: . It's actually NINE HOURS OF SOUL!!!

Those early flyers are collector pieces now :ohmy:

Less than 6 weeks to go and rather than get too many more emails from confused souls, here's an update for our travel bookers:

Thorne is located near Doncaster, so aside from the road - lots of other travel options are available - particularly if you book early!

TRAIN

Just a quick reminder for anyone travelling by train, that the dirt cheap advance tickets are drying up and you should book now.

Our recommended website is > www.qjump.co.uk < (early on - the cost of 2 single tickets are often cheaper)

Book your train to DONCASTER and then head to Thorne North station or Thorne South station (each less than a mile from the venue!)

If you are arriving between 1pm and 3pm, drop me a line and I'm sure that we could get one of the boys to pick you up from Donny station (limited offer - on a first ask basis!)

BUS

National Express operates coach services into and out of Doncaster itself. There are direct services to Scunthorpe, London Victoria, and York. I think a Hull service has recently been added too.

Check out this website to see how affordable it may be for you: >>nationalexpress.com<<

For local bus services, you should probably check out Donny Online - https://www.donny.co.uk/Doncaster/travel/timetables.php

PLANE

The closest airport (Robin Hood) is only about 9 miles away!

This is handy for anyone coming from Dublin, Florence, Amsterdam whistling.gif etc - > see all destinations HERE <

Drop me a line if you want any help - or phone Karen, so she's got someone to talk to laugh.gif (her number's on the flyers/website)

We're praying for glorious weather that day - for those that don't know it - the venue is by a canal (ooo, the mind boggles). Plus we've got a great batch of guest DJs again - and this time, you get double time from each!

Please come and support our guest DJs. Sam, Andy and Arthur have played at Thorne many times in it's historical soul days - and as we've learnt - it's wonderful to have DJs whose heart is in it: you'll get treated to their BEST :(

m

Edited by Maria O

weekend booked off ,looking forward to it ,car full from York as usual :D

Thanks very much ...we prefer the car too :lol:

I'll drag Arthur and Sam there early too - so they don't repeat anything I might play :thumbsup:

**NEW EMAIL LIST**

Having a bit of trouble juggling all the email addresses collected for our reminders/announcements, so I started a group list. Problem was, I couldn't subscribe everyone directly. So if anyone receives a Boomerang invite, please join - membership is looking rather sparse until I correct this.

Anybody can join themselves by finding the Apply for group membership link on the right side of this page:

https://groups.google.com/group/boomerangsoul/about?hl=en-GB

Your email address is not shared and we won't send out too much - just our seasonal spurts :D

m

Guest vinylmaniac

Hi Maria :lol: .Hotel booked :thumbsup: .Me & the wife are looking forward to our first visit. Given the :D by numerous soul sourcers. shout.gif NICE PLAYLISTS! shout.gif .Ta Ray

a few cars from goole coming, might even catch the bus,,,taxis home :lol:

9 hours we'll need bloody taxis :lol:

carnt wait "2 many sleepssssss" :yes:

all the best..col..shell.

hold onto your helmets - we'll be coming along to this one!

doubt we'll be there from the start - (no-ones mad enough to want to look after the children for quite that long) but will get there as early as we can :thumbsup:

from what I've heard, its a fantastic night, and I'm still sulking from missing the first two!

see you in 5 weeks....

Hi Maria :shades: .Hotel booked :D .Me & the wife are looking forward to our first visit. Given the :( by numerous soul sourcers. shout.gif NICE PLAYLISTS! shout.gif .Ta Ray

Glad you like the playlists Ray. To be honest, I'm a sucker for the music above all else and pop the playlists up as the best advertisement for the kind of night to expect (...the best advertisement after that comes from the wonderful people leaving nice feedback, that make us work even harder now :lol: )

We hope everyone enjoys themselves on the night.

Given this is only a seasonal night (4 dates a year), people have been asking for future dates, so a quick update for November:

Firstly, we've decided to move Butch to 2008 :ohmy: and return to our standard 8PM start on

Saturday 10th November 07 with guest DJs: ANDY DYSON, ARTHUR FENN and DAVE FLEMING joining myself on the decks

Then the first date for next year is confirmed as 19 January 2008

...but there is plenty of time to tell you more about that one :thumbsup:

m

somebody told someone who told whatsies who asked thingy who told his fine lady who told me that they heard....

...er, never mind. As a result, I was asked to post a message up to a certain lad:

JOCK, IF YOU ARE LISTENING, I THINK YOU GOT YOUR WIRES CROSSED MATE - IT IS ON ! :thumbsup:

(I think you are having problems with my accent again, but it's a good think you're so easy to understand or we could never communicate :ohmy: )

m

quote name='Maria O' date='Jul 9 2007, 09:45 PM' post='534973']

somebody told someone who told whatsies who asked thingy who told his fine lady who told me that they heard....

...er, never mind. As a result, I was asked to post a message up to a certain lad:

JOCK, IF YOU ARE LISTENING, I THINK YOU GOT YOUR WIRES CROSSED MATE - IT IS ON !

(I think you are having problems with my accent again, but it's a good think you're so easy to understand or we could never communicate :D )

m

Edited by jocko
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Ranger

Not many sleeps now (12).Looking forward to this one.Ta Ray

At my age I need a nap after tea time so it's 24 sleeps for me :D

kev

A quick note to say that everyone on our mailing list should receive a flyer by today's post. If we've missed you, please drop me a PM or email and I'll get Karen right on the case thumbsup.gif .

I will buy you a pint of Fosters just to relieve any extra stress this may have caused! :D

Jock

:lol: Noooooooo... -Anything but that! It's not exactly the most popular beer in Sydney

(But if you could get your hands on a bottle of Tooheys Extra Dry or was it Crown Lager I liked better? - er, then I'm dribbling :lol: )

Glad some Scots will be down for this. I think the 'sunny day out' plans might get put on the shelf, but the music inside should be worth the huddle.

Feels like forever since the last Boomerang, so I've been a little twitchy in anticipation for the 4th

m

Edited by Maria O

Sorry but only a couple of Goole people will be attending I think, the rest of us "Goolies" have to attend Mick H's do at "Boat Club" in Nottingham due to the fact that Gary's double decking with Tracy on her birthday & then we're all travelling on to the Charity Dayer in Rushden, Northants. :P

So, sorry seems to be the hardest word ! Have a TOP day & see you next time. :thumbsup:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :P

only a few more sleeps until I get to see what all the fuss is about - can't wait :huh:

oh and for Pam, Nikki and co, we're trying to persuade Gregg from Preston to don his dancing shoes, so bombard him with phone calls and emails (if you need his details PM me) and he might find it hard to say NO :wub:

So, sorry seems to be the hardest word ! Have a TOP day & see you next time. :(

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

No worries mate! wink.gif We get to lots of venues too.

Karen and I would like to apologise for clashing with other local or mate's soul nights. When I booked Soul Sam last January, this was only one of three Saturday nights he had free in 2008 at the time (who knew that would change) and it was the only one that fell near our quarterly timetable.

As you know, we forsaw that clashes might occur and always try and rotate the week the night falls to avoid clashes:

this 4/8/07 one is the 1st Saturday, the 10/11/07 one is the 2nd Saturday and the 19/1/08 one is the 3rd Saturday.

NEW PRICING POLICY

Us girls support our extra costs out of our own pockets and we hope you'll understand if we keep the general door charge for this 9 HOUR day/night soul do at £7. However, we know that some people can only make it early on Saturday before they head over to an evening venue, whilst others are coming over after work.

So, here's our new complicated :lol: schedule of fees :

- AFTER £7 PAYMENT IN, YOU GET £3 BACK IF YOU LEAVE BEFORE 8PM = £4 OUTPUT

OR

- AFTER 8PM, THE £7 DOOR CHARGE FALLS TO £5

OR

- PAY £7 FOR THE DAY & NIGHT and join lots of others who have booked hotels or travelling over for a mammoth overdose of soul from our 3 fine guest DJs + only 1 resident

BRING FLYERS AND SALES BOXES

Sorry for not asking earlier, but if anybody wants to reserve a table for sales boxes or can't make it but wants flyers out and needs a postal address, please contact us ->>CLICK HERE for details<<. Otherwise, bring your flyers and sales boxes (and our guest DJs may have some bargains on sale too :( )

DJ ROSTER

All still in my head, so will put something up after a big feed

m

No worries mate! :huh: We get to lots of venues too.

Karen and I would like to apologise for clashing with other local or mate's soul nights. When I booked Soul Sam last January, this was only one of three Saturday nights he had free in 2008 at the time (who knew that would change) and it was the only one that fell near our quarterly timetable.

As you know, we forsaw that clashes might occur and always try and rotate the week the night falls to avoid clashes:

this 4/8/07 one is the 1st Saturday, the 10/11/07 one is the 2nd Saturday and the 19/1/08 one is the 3rd Saturday.

NEW PRICING POLICY

Us girls support our extra costs out of our own pockets and we hope you'll understand if we keep the general door charge for this 9 HOUR day/night soul do at £7. However, we know that some people can only make it early on Saturday before they head over to an evening venue, whilst others are coming over after work.

So, here's our new complicated :thumbup: schedule of fees :

OR

OR

- PAY £7 FOR THE DAY & NIGHT and join lots of others who have booked hotels or travelling over for a mammoth overdose of soul from our 3 fine guest DJs + only 1 resident

Sorry for not asking earlier, but if anybody wants to reserve a table for sales boxes or can't make it but wants flyers out and needs a postal address, please contact us ->>CLICK HERE for details<<. Otherwise, bring your flyers and sales boxes (and our guest DJs may have some bargains on sale too :huh: )

DJ ROSTER

m

its to be hope sam dunt turn up in 2008,,sorry i thort i was seeing things.... :P

cheers..col.

its to be hope sam dunt turn up in 2008,,sorry i thort i was seeing things.... :sleep3:

cheers..col.

Thanks Col - I've now got a wedding to attend, so my mind was on booking my next annual flight home ...in 2008. I can never do one thing at a time - life's too short :sleep3:

Spoke to Sam again tonight and at least he knows what he's doing, even if I don't :thumbsup:

Arthur will also just do what he's told :sweatingbullets: but unfortunately Andy's having dreadful trouble with his phone/internet, so I would rather post the playlist up after he contacts me back.

Spoke to about 6 other people since I got home from work tonight and must say, my mouth actually hurts. Guess there's a first time for everything! :lol:

m

glad to see your going ray, like mo & me keep telling ya its right up your street mate.

:sweatingbullets:

Mick I'm gonna ring around the lads and see if we can get a car load down from the NE

This venue sounds / looks the business,

Kirsty bring your new Sy Hightower along !

Kev J

No worries mate! :lol: We get to lots of venues too.

NEW PRICING POLICY

So, here's our new complicated :sweatingbullets: schedule of fees :

OR

OR

Sorry for not asking earlier, but if anybody wants to reserve a table for sales boxes or can't make it but wants flyers out and needs a postal address, please contact us ->>CLICK HERE for details<<. Otherwise, bring your flyers and sales boxes (and our guest DJs may have some bargains on sale too :thumbsup: )

DJ ROSTER

m

£7.00 is nowt - no need for refunds .

If you want to come and hear quality music it's a steal !!

Put the excess in the Mick n Mo fund - ha ha

Kev J

Guest Adam G

Mick I'm gonna ring around the lads and see if we can get a car load down from the NE

This venue sounds / looks the business,

Kirsty bring your new Sy Hightower along !

Kev J

Hya Kev Me and Tomo are going down from the Boro its Tomo's birthday so we are staying over.Going to get there around 5.30ish.Might see you there.

Adam

Hya Kev Me and Tomo are going down from the Boro its Tomo's birthday so we are staying over.Going to get there around 5.30ish.Might see you there.

Adam

Adam ,

Knew you two soulful fuckers would be there - q-u-a-l-i-t-y assured.

Gonna see who will come down , otherwise I'll come on my own (and that's dangerous)

Kev

Adam ,

Knew you two soulful fuckers would be there - q-u-a-l-i-t-y assured.

Gonna see who will come down , otherwise I'll come on my own (and that's dangerous)

Kev

NE lads , listen in !! - Giz a call this week so I can get a pass out man.

The more calls I get the more chance I can get out without causing an argument .. ha ha !

I'm waiting fpr you calls (Gaz , Kev, Pete, Shep -- PLEEEEEZ)

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Soon as I get squared up at work at 1900 hrs, I'll be heading over for some Quality soul music. Looking forward to it as I missed the 2nd one. Any time after 2000 hrs for Ernie Johnson's "Cant stand the pain" please

See you Saturday,

Dave

:yes::D:yes:shout.gif:lol:

NE lads , listen in !! - Giz a call this week so I can get a pass out man.

The more calls I get the more chance I can get out without causing an argument .. ha ha !

I'm waiting fpr you calls (Gaz , Kev, Pete, Shep -- PLEEEEEZ)

shall I tell you the bad news Kev....

Gaz will be at a wedding (and every other weekend in August it would seem), Pete and Kev are away on holiday - so theres only Shep, and he only seems to go out within a 10 minute radius of home :D

If we don't see you Saturday, we'll have to make sure we get up North in a few weeks to see you then x

shall I tell you the bad news Kev....

Gaz will be at a wedding (and every other weekend in August it would seem), Pete and Kev are away on holiday - so theres only Shep, and he only seems to go out within a 10 minute radius of home :thumbsup:

If we don't see you Saturday, we'll have to make sure we get up North in a few weeks to see you then x

I know - and I'm pissed off now !

Will see you soon

Kev

£7.00 is nowt - no need for refunds .

If you want to come and hear quality music it's a steal !!

Put the excess in the Mick n Mo fund - ha ha

Kev J

Thanks :thumbsup: - considering the guests we booked, I must agree.

Anyway, I've had no complaints from the boys and everyone gets two sets, so here's the...

**DJ ROSTER**

4.00pm (1 hour) - MARIA O

5.00pm (1 hour) - SOUL SAM

6.00pm (1.5 hrs) - ARTHUR FENN

7.30pm (1 hour) - ANDY WHITMORE

8.30pm (1 hour) - MARIA O

9.30pm (1 hour) - ARTHUR FENN

10.30pm (1 hour) - ANDY WHITMORE

11.30pm (1.5 hrs) - SOUL SAM

1.00am - close

Sorry but only a couple of Goole people will be attending I think, the rest of us "Goolies" have to attend Mick H's do at "Boat Club" in Nottingham due to the fact that Gary's double decking with Tracy on her birthday & then we're all travelling on to the Charity Dayer in Rushden, Northants. :lol:

So, sorry seems to be the hardest word ! Have a TOP day & see you next time. thumbsup.gif

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

?

no another bloody sleep yet...... :ohmy:

Good morning boys and girls :lol:

Well, it said 4.02 on my clock this morning when I woke. Much tossing and turning, but I still can't get back to sleep. Maybe it's because

....It's BOOMERANG (THORNE) DAY :yes:

Realised a shocker last night. If I'm to get Sam's and Arthur's playlist, I'll have to type them myself tomorrow as they pass me piles of vinyl. (Ugh, how I hate touching other people's vinyl - makes me feel so ...dirty :lol: )

Along with mine (and hoping AndyW can do his 2 hrs), that's 7 hours worth :yes: Something tells me an abridged version is likely.

Passed on the request for Ernie Johnson - Sam will play it if nobody else does (still on my wants list - boo hoo :lol: )

I'm considering an early start on the housework now - nothing to do with being a good houseperson,

it's just that them chemicals make me feel so a l i v e!

We'll see you when you get there :thumbup:

m