Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ralf Mehnert

Strange Record Mailers

I know there was a thread about strange cardboard recordmailers a while ago...but I was a little surprised after the postman`d rang my bell two days ago.

I had a really nice contact to a seller from the U.K.. He`d send out the record fast and the grading/price for the record was absolutely fair....but...

...he must build his record mailers in his hobbycellar...I looked into the thin grey cardboard box...and there was a picture of a plate with rice and a brown mudsauce:

`Chilli con carne (with rice) TESCO Any 5 for 4 quid`

This picture looks so disgusting at 9.30h in the morning...

I know there was a thread about strange cardboard recordmailers a while ago...but I was a little surprised after the postman`d rang my bell two days ago.

I had a really nice contact to a seller from the U.K.. He`d send out the record fast and the grading/price for the record was absolutely fair....but...

...he must build his record mailers in his hobbycellar...I looked into the thin grey cardboard box...and there was a picture of a plate with rice and a brown mudsauce:

`Chilli con carne (with rice) TESCO Any 5 for 4 quid`

This picture looks so disgusting at 9.30h in the morning...

In the old thread I think somone had a record arrive wrapped in a diaper, now that is weird. :thumbsup: Good thing it wasn't a used diaper...

I had a record sent in a flimsy envelope, with a copy of "Public Image" by Public Image Ltd used as a stiffener! Wouldn't have minded..........but I've still got the original copy I bought in 1978!

Perhaps I should have complained that he didn't include the 'newspaper' wrap-round sleeve!

THIS IS NOT A LOVE SONG ON THE FLIP

GREAT DOUBLE HEADER YOU DID WELL THERE GENE

PUNKS NOT DEAD!!!!!!

THE GASHER

Delilah - Major Lance arrived last week sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard bent into a u shape. Since everything else I've got on Okeh is styrene I was sure it would be in 2 pieces but as I was unwrapping it a perfectly flat record fell out. It was the thinest most flexible vinyl I've ever seen, I suppose that's what saved it

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts