Strange Record Mailers

I know there was a thread about strange cardboard recordmailers a while ago...but I was a little surprised after the postman`d rang my bell two days ago.

I had a really nice contact to a seller from the U.K.. He`d send out the record fast and the grading/price for the record was absolutely fair....but...

...he must build his record mailers in his hobbycellar...I looked into the thin grey cardboard box...and there was a picture of a plate with rice and a brown mudsauce:

`Chilli con carne (with rice) TESCO Any 5 for 4 quid`

This picture looks so disgusting at 9.30h in the morning...

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know there was a thread about strange cardboard recordmailers a while ago...but I was a little surprised after the postman`d rang my bell two days ago.

I had a really nice contact to a seller from the U.K.. He`d send out the record fast and the grading/price for the record was absolutely fair....but...

...he must build his record mailers in his hobbycellar...I looked into the thin grey cardboard box...and there was a picture of a plate with rice and a brown mudsauce:

`Chilli con carne (with rice) TESCO Any 5 for 4 quid`

This picture looks so disgusting at 9.30h in the morning...

In the old thread I think somone had a record arrive wrapped in a diaper, now that is weird. :thumbsup: Good thing it wasn't a used diaper...

Social source share

I had a record sent in a flimsy envelope, with a copy of "Public Image" by Public Image Ltd used as a stiffener! Wouldn't have minded..........but I've still got the original copy I bought in 1978!

Perhaps I should have complained that he didn't include the 'newspaper' wrap-round sleeve!

Social source share

Delilah - Major Lance arrived last week sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard bent into a u shape. Since everything else I've got on Okeh is styrene I was sure it would be in 2 pieces but as I was unwrapping it a perfectly flat record fell out. It was the thinest most flexible vinyl I've ever seen, I suppose that's what saved it

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!