Soulshakers Cancelled

Hi all

It is with a heavy heart, that we have to cancel the June 2nd and July 27th dates. But we will be back with a re-launch of the club in a few months time. The owners of the club are so supportive of us, as are the dj's. But we need a little time to come back with an event that is even better.

But for the time being we would like to say a big thanks for the fantastic support we have received todate.

Dave & Malayka

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all

It is with a heavy heart, that we have to cancel the June 2nd and July 27th dates. But we will be back with a re-launch of the club in a few months time. The owners of the club are so supportive of us, as are the dj's. But we need a little time to come back with an event that is even better.

But for the time being we would like to say a big thanks for the fantastic support we have received todate.

Dave & Malayka

Dear Both

That's a real shame. I know this was a real labour of love for you. I got to the first two but missed the last one cos I was ill. Solihull was the only event that got me off my arse for two consequtive do's in nearly ten years! That says a great deal. I don;t know what else you could do to add to it - apart from of course the numbers.

I really hope you can sort it and look forward to the next one.

Best

Peter

:thumbsup:

Dear Both

That's a real shame. I know this was a real labour of love for you. I got to the first two but missed the last one cos I was ill. Solihull was the only event that got me off my arse for two consequtive do's in nearly ten years! That says a great deal. I don;t know what else you could do to add to it - apart from of course the numbers.

I really hope you can sort it and look forward to the next one.

Best

Peter

:thumbsup:

Hi Peter

Thanks for that, don't worry it will return. We are talking to the club about a couple of idea's, they really want it to work for us. Also have a few idea's to help promote it better and have some really exciting guest DJ's in the wings and possibly a couple of artists. Everyone involved, and that has attended wants it to continue and so it will. But with moving home and a few other things, just need a small breather to come back all guns fireing.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley

Hi Peter

Thanks for that, don't worry it will return. We are talking to the club about a couple of idea's, they really want it to work for us. Also have a few idea's to help promote it better and have some really exciting guest DJ's in the wings and possibly a couple of artists. Everyone involved, and that has attended wants it to continue and so it will. But with moving home and a few other things, just need a small breather to come back all guns fireing.

Dave

That's great Dave. Obviously I didn;t know you were moving - that is a nightmare! And of course the wedding - which everyone knew about. Two of the most stressful things in life - and you do em within weeks of each other.

Best

Peter :thumbsup:

Guest lifeandsoul

sorry to hear this, had the makings of a good 'un, so good to see you're still on the case to make it work . First sat of month was always difficult for me.

Re live acts if you want nu soul artists, then let me know as there are often people i know who would be interested, but i can include you in the loop if anything comes up. Often always depends on timing though.

Hi all

Dave & Malayka

I was looking to give this night a try. Just a tip........I don't know how well you flyer the West Mids, but a friend of mine who lives in Cannock and is out every weekend soulin in the vicinity said she had never heard of Soulshakers, so maybe there's still lots of people who don't know about it? Pity it wasn't on this Saturday, I would be there like a rat up a drainpipe!

Hi all

Dave & Malayka

Chin up Dave you have some true blue supporters & with more promoting you'll come back bigger & better. Glad I got in my last round of Photo's now. As per my PM to Malayka let me know when you want to get this promoted on the radio & I'll do what I can to help. In the meantime have a good move & see you soon.

Jaynie x

Hello Dave , sorry to hear it's been cancelled , sure you'll come back strong tho ' .Where have you moved to ? Best ,Eddie

Hi Eddie

Not that far really. But decided it was time to go home, so in a few weeks will be back in Gloucestershire. Sold up without a place to move to, sort of!!.

Hoping to close on some old barns though, fingers crossed. Big project, as someone mentioned earlier, getting married, moving home, then a build project, nothing like a bit of pressure. :lol:

Hi Eddie

Not that far really. But decided it was time to go home, so in a few weeks will be back in Gloucestershire. Sold up without a place to move to, sort of!!.

Hoping to close on some old barns though, fingers crossed. Big project, as someone mentioned earlier, getting married, moving home, then a build project, nothing like a bit of pressure. :lol:

Sorry to hear this Dave and keep the chin up; I know as someone who hasn't turned up at Soulshakers I am part of the problem......anyway good luck with your new venue when you get it going.....and the house in Glawstershire. Steve

Sorry to hear this Dave and keep the chin up; I know as someone who hasn't turned up at Soulshakers I am part of the problem......anyway good luck with your new venue when you get it going.....and the house in Glawstershire. Steve

Thanks Steve

But to clear up any confusion, we will be returning with Soulshakers @ Solihull. This is a fabulous venue and the club management are happy with us taking a break to come back bigger and better.

As a club the critical acclaim for the music policy has been better than I could have wished for. Trouble was we started at a very busy time of the year. People always feel easier with what they know, than something new, and we just need to re-group and improve the promotion.

So this is not the end, just a new beginning for what has already proved to be a great event at a stunning venue.

Thanks Steve

But to clear up any confusion, we will be returning with Soulshakers @ Solihull. This is a fabulous venue and the club management are happy with us taking a break to come back bigger and better.

As a club the critical acclaim for the music policy has been better than I could have wished for. Trouble was we started at a very busy time of the year. People always feel easier with what they know, than something new, and we just need to re-group and improve the promotion.

So this is not the end, just a new beginning for what has already proved to be a great event at a stunning venue.

Great thanks for clearing that up.

Damn shame Dave but sure you will come back stronger. Enjoyed my visit down there (unfortunaltely was otherwise occupied elsewhere for last two) and was looking forward to spinning a few with Andy in July. Look forward to your return. Any help required just give us a shout.

Damn shame Dave but sure you will come back stronger. Enjoyed my visit down there (unfortunaltely was otherwise occupied elsewhere for last two) and was looking forward to spinning a few with Andy in July. Look forward to your return. Any help required just give us a shout.

We were really looking forward to you and Andy coming to, but we have already decided to ask you two to do the second one after the re-launch. Be in touch soon :lol:

its just a nightmare to run a soul nite these days.

just to many nites on.

every1 wants to be a promoter or a dj.

you must admit dave,when you ran stafford there wasnt many other nites on(was a lot less punters then also).

was @ sunderland mini niter sat was 70/80 in i think(sorry if nae right).was advertised & bummped up for months.

yet our last soul nite in aberdeen(unknown little city where it snows all the time?),nae a lot of advertising.djs mick h,burrell,keiyh money & local djs.it was a awsome nite,over 160 in.

any nites a hit or miss these days.

me i just love hearing the music,wether 10 or 1000 there.

ktf dave :lol:

Edited by sepia

its just a nightmare to run a soul nite these days.

just to many nites on.

every1 wants to be a promoter or a dj.

you must admit dave,when you ran stafford there wasnt many other nites on(was a lot less punters then also).

was @ sunderland mini niter sat was 70/80 in i think(sorry if nae right).was advertised & bummped up for months.

yet our last soul nite in aberdeen(unknown little city where it snows all the time?),nae a lot of advertising.djs mick h,burrell,keiyh money & local djs.it was a awsome nite,over 160 in.

any nites a hit or miss these days.

me i just love hearing the music,wether 10 or 1000 there.

ktf dave :lol:

Thanks Mate

But we will carry on, every night we have had so far has been special. I keep saying I must get back up to Aberdeen soon and I must, love it every time I do

Dave