• Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Thats cheap Derek even for a vg++

link

That's why I offered Derek £75 plus postage as soon as I saw his nice listing. :lol:

Although I'm sure it's already sold! :)

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

IMHO in the real world £40 is what it's worth.  Makes a change to see an honest price...or has Derek slipped up  :)

link

"In the real world it's quite a tough piece to find" as for Derek slipping up, you could be right unless he's desperate for the money to fill his new abode with new and expensive furnishings. :lol:

D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

IMHO in the real world £40 is what it's worth.  Makes a change to see an honest price...or has Derek slipped up  :)

link

If you can get me copies at £40 each I'll take as many as you can get hold of. :)

Seriously though, in the real world there are people lined up round the block to pay three figure sums for this record. And what great taste they have! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Aren't all the WD's styrene? sure looks nicer but i think i'll stick with an issue :D

Agree though £40 is well cheap at today's prices :) Go Derek !!!

Social source share

Guest wrighty

Aren't all the WD's styrene? sure looks nicer but i think i'll stick with an issue  :D

Agree though £40 is well cheap at today's prices  :D Go Derek !!!

link

mine's a luvely white vinyl demo johnny :D but i've heard people swear blind they've seen demos on shitty styrene :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

mine's a luvely white vinyl demo johnny  :D   but i've heard people swear blind they've seen demos on shitty styrene  :D

link

Yeah i know someone who had one and got rid when they found out it was styrene, silly really when he didn't have a vinyal copy to replace it :)

Social source share

Didnt realise it would generate that much interest, knew it was a great tune but thought it was worth about £50. Checked both price guides JMs £50 & TBs 'low'. So decided to float it at £40. Some lucky person would have got it for that but Mister Trouble made me an offer I couldnt refuse. Phew luckily I hadnt agreed to sell it to anyone for £40 as I would have followed through and done the deal. Alternatively I could have withdrawn it and stuck it on Ebay but £75's fair enough.

derek

Think my own copy and this sale one are both vinyl 45s will post scan later.

Social source share

If you can get me copies at £40 each I'll take as many as you can get hold of. :D

Seriously though, in the real world there are people lined up round the block to pay three figure sums for this record. And what great taste they have! biggrin.gif

link

They maybe lined up round the block but in my opinion todays prices aren't the real world :D I've seen this myself for £150 which IMO is crazy :) £75 you offered would be nearer the mark. This used to be a common record and Derek's price is an honest one IMO :D

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

If anybodies interested I've a copy of Barbara Mason's "You better stop it" on a neat little Artic 154 WDJ for sale @ £40. Condition between VG++ and Ex-. P&P extra. Off list replies please.

cheers,

derek

link

Bloody love this tune , difficult to dance to , but bloody ace !!!!!!

Gone has it , I have no luck

Social source share

Pardon my ignorance, I never was and don't intend to become an Arctic completist collector, but are ANY Arctic 45's made from styrene originals? I remember reading somewhere that all Arctic 45's on styrene are reissues, made by Jamie Guyden in the 70's or something. Are there also styrene issues of Barbara Mason? And if so, are they reissues? I would like to know, for sure.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Why is this tune supposedly so popular? It's decent I guess but certainly not THAT good, and pretty useless as dance floor fodder too IMO.

link

It's funk, innit. The kids love funk. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Didnt realise it would generate that much interest, knew it was a great tune but thought it was worth about £50. Checked both price guides JMs £50 & TBs 'low'. So decided to float it at £40. Some lucky person would have got it for that but Mister Trouble made me an offer I couldnt refuse. Phew luckily I hadnt agreed to sell it to anyone for £40 as I would have followed through and done the deal. Alternatively I could have withdrawn it and stuck it on Ebay but £75's fair enough.

derek

Think my own copy and this sale one are both vinyl 45s will post scan later.

link

Thanks Derek, I've PMed you. Can I paypal?

thanks

James

Social source share

Why is this tune supposedly so popular? It's decent I guess but certainly not THAT good, and pretty useless as dance floor fodder too IMO.

link

:wicked: When Soulful Cris got up to do her spot at the first Crossfire, she put this on and that massive dancefloor filled-up in seconds.

It's a truly beautiful piece of music and the lyrics are just soooooo soulful and angst ridden.

Social source share

Kids love funk? To me it sounds like something that might appeal to 'normal' people in a trendy bar or something over here, something that they can shake or sway around to a bit whilst holding drinks, a record that might be useful when djing to non-soulies in other words. I hate normal people in trendy bars, swaying with drinks in their hands. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

:wicked: When Soulful Cris got up to do her spot at the first Crossfire, she put this on and  that massive dancefloor filled-up in seconds.  

It's a truly beautiful piece of music and the lyrics are just soooooo soulful and angst ridden.

link

I love Cris' taste in Soul. It is a big shame she is going to settle back in Italy. London soul nights will have a little bit missing without Cris and Pier there.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!