Early 6ts/100 Club Membership List - Wot Number U Got?

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

i thought it could be fun to try to make a list of early 100 club memberships, first 1000 only to start off with - scan of card if possible and give me your (real) full name if you want it listed

please keep this thread just to name and membership number, scan of inside of card, any really early photos/flyers, etc, and identifying people in photos - otherwise, if we all start chatting and reminiscing it could all get unmanageablely large and it could take me all day to go through the posts to update the list below

here goes (soul-source name in brackets):

1 - sean adams

7 - (Roddy)

25 - paul toleman (toby)

26 - rob hurcombe (stillsoulin)

31 - tony parker (tony parker)

32 - phil attley (mecca74)

58 - (Steve G)

59 - irene wilmarsh possibly number 56

115 - ritchie andrew (RitchieAndrew)

121 - mark thompson (woolie mark)

126 - (just mo)

177 - john clarke

178 - diane clarke possibly number 176

268 - richard buckley (Rich Buckley)

334 - karen heath (Karen Heath)

310 - gary kingston (Gary Kingston)

359 - nick gilbert (Nickg)

401 - (Kirsty)

450 - steve csordas (SteveC)

502 - geoff buckley (Geoff B )

982 - (billywhizz)

999 - tony rounce (TONY ROUNCE)

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

• Replies 96
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i thought it could be interesting to make a list of early 100club memberships, say first 500 to start off with? - scan of card if possible and if you please post up any early photos (ie: early eighties) to see who we can spot could be fun

please keep this thread just to name and membership number scan of inside of card and any really early photos - otherwise, if we all start chatting and reminiscing it could get unmanageablely large and it could take me all day to go through the threads to update the list on the first post (below)

here goes:

number name soul-source name

121 mark thompson woolie mark

Think mine is 6 (we were always early arrivals along with the Greenhills). Will have to dig it out and confirm.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Mine's 999 - I asked for it specially, as # 1 had already been taken (by Sean Adams, incidentally).

Mislaid my card years ago, so you'll just have to take my word for it! :lol:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Mine's 999 - I asked for it specially, as # 1 had already been taken (by Sean Adams, incidentally).

Mislaid my card years ago, so you'll just have to take my word for it! :D

ok, lets do the first 1000 then

if you've got no 1001.....start another thread, cos i'm only going up to 1000

who's got number 1000 then?

:lol:

list updated

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

my memberships number 31 i was there on the very first night of the 6ts in covent garden circa 79 , cant remember the name of the pub .?? the first cards were plain white before getting replaced by the familiar folding one .also had many a great night at west hampstead , the railway pre 100 club days

Edited by Tony Parker
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

this could be a headf*ck for ady seeing things he wrote out and posted nearly 30 years ago!

c'mon folks, lets be avin your numbers :lol:

Social source share

I had a white card too from the early days of the Railway in Hampstead, number 26 on my card, this thread prompted me to dig out an old folder i have stuffed full of early flyers for these and the early covent garden, horseshoe bar and 100 club events, along with newsletters from Adey, brilliant reading, not techie enough to upload tho, sorry.

rob h.

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

have to dig mine out but pretty sure its 68, have a white one and an orange one like above

Edited by lifeandsoul
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I had a white card too from the early days of the Railway in Hampstead, number 26 on my card, this thread prompted me to dig out an old folder i have stuffed full of early flyers for these and the early covent garden, horseshoe bar and 100 club events, along with newsletters from Adey, brilliant reading, not techie enough to upload tho, sorry.

rob h.

if you can get someone to scan or photograph them and email them to me (wooliemark@btinternet.com) i can upload them rob

i remember the first 100club niter i went to was with clive keeler and (i think) sam sotodeh and others (can't remember who else, maybe john crawford?)

the membership numbers are likely to be consecutive cos i'm sure i wrote to ady for memberships

i always thought it was 1980, but i think it might have been 1981

if steveg and lifeandsoul can confirm your numbers i'll add you to the list - scan would be nice, or pm me

weren't the early 100club niters advertised in black echoes? anyone got a scan of anything from an old issue from early eighties?

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest DonnaD

Hi Mark

Ady says that the number series started again after the initial white cards, Im not sure if this complicates things for your list

Social source share

if steveg and lifeandsoul can confirm your numbers i'll add you to the list - scan would be nice, or pm me

I have had a root around and it appears that I was infact member number 58. :D

Irene Wilmarsh, who later became my wife would have been number 59 as she came with me. I can't check with her though as she's no longer with us.

Steve

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Hi Mark

Ady says that the number series started again after the initial white cards, Im not sure if this complicates things for your list

hi donna

thanks for that - i kinda figured already that the list won't be 100% chronological, but i'll carry on cos i think it will still be fun to see how many of the first 1000 numbers we can get and whether we can get some more interesting memorabilia/photos posted up - and we've already got a few names for some of the gaps - perhaps i'll go back to the list later on and try to separate out the white cards (please tell me if you've got a white card)

perhaps we could have a reunion? theres 10 on the list so far.......so thats already a lock-out at some of andy bb's venues! :D

would you ask ady if there's any significance in the colour of the folded cards please

bw :D

Social source share

hi donna

thanks for that - i kinda figured already that the list won't be 100% chronological, but i'll carry on cos i think it will still be fun to see how many of the first 1000 numbers we can get and whether we can get some more interesting memorabilia/photos posted up - and we've already got a few names for some of the gaps - perhaps i'll go back to the list later on and try to separate out the white cards (please tell me if you've got a white card)

perhaps we could have a reunion? theres 10 on the list so far.......so thats already a lock-out at some of andy bb's venues! :D

would you ask ady if there's any significance in the colour of the folded cards please

bw :D

I have a white card, and also an orange fold up one. The number is the same on both......I also had a later light blue one knocking around somewhere.

Social source share

Guest DonnaD

The numbers are the same on my white and orange cards too.

rob h. :thumbsup:

Im not sure what he is talking about then, Ill get him to explain it all when he gets back from the beauty parlour :thumbsup:

Social source share

Think these are the 100 Club on one of the few times I took a camera out in the 80's. Would be 87 or 88 at a guess.

post-225-1179582447_thumb.jpg

above Barbara Kingan, Little Jimmy & John Kingan. Cliff Steele (who doesn't look any different now :thumbsup: ) to the right.

post-225-1179583572_thumb.jpg

Pablo to the left.

I've got some old flyers from 80's somewhere and some echoes adds. Also got 100 Club from October '87 (I think) on tape.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The ol' membership card's definitley gone west, but here's a couple of relevant photos.

This one was taken inside Henry's in Maiden Lane, shortly after I'd done the first ever DJ spot at a 6T's dance. I'm the amourous looking streak of p*ss in the middle. The other two are girls:

...and this one was taken the following day, outside "The Shakespeare's Head" - later rechristened 'The Shakespeare's Swede". I don't think Randy had come down from the euphoria of the night before. Note how Mr. Andrew is doing his best to pretend that he has no idea who that person is, while Russ 'Wuffer' Taylor is doing his best to escape from the shot before becoming guilty by association...

...memories of the way we were...

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Here's a better one from outside the 'Swede'. Ritchie still looks a bit worried that something's about to go off, but Wuffer seems more resigned to his fate here:

...and talking of 6T's member # 1, here he is:

...can it be that it was all so simple then,

or has time rewritten every line?

And if we had the change to do it all again, tell me -

Would we? Could we??..."

Course we would and could!

TONE

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

The ol' membership card's definitley gone west, but here's a couple of relevant photos.

This one was taken inside Henry's in Maiden Lane, shortly after I'd done the first ever DJ spot at a 6T's dance. I'm the amourous looking streak of p*ss in the middle. The other two are girls:

...and this one was taken the following day, outside "The Shakespeare's Head" - later rechristened 'The Shakespeare's Swede". I don't think Randy had come down from the euphoria of the night before. Note how Mr. Andrew is doing his best to pretend that he has no idea who that person is, while Russ 'Wuffer' Taylor is doing his best to escape from the shot before becoming guilty by association...

...memories of the way we were...

TONE

nice looking girls you've got your arms round there tony.....thats not sharon on the left is it? (teff's sharon)

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

nice looking girls you've got your arms round there tony.....thats not sharon on the left is it? (teff's sharon)

They were friends of Ady's and mine, from outside of the Soul scene. He will remember their names, in fact he recalled their names for me not so long ago, and I've forgotten them again since. Bloody senior moments....

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Just had a quick natter with my good mate John Clarke, who was also at the first 6Ts, at 'Henry's. He's still got his memebership card, he's number 177. As they were there together, his late wife Diane was probably # 178 (or possibly # 176). Sadly she passed away some years ago, so unless someone else claims either of those numbers we may never know for sure...

Social source share

The first design was totally different as shown on the cover of the Right Back Where We Started From, then Clarkie did a new design and we stuck with that for a few years, changing colours when we ran out. At some stage in the 80s we started up the numbering system again so I'm afraid the first 300 originals will all be on the one-sided oblong ones.

Social source share

The first design was totally different as shown on the cover of the Right Back Where We Started From, then Clarkie did a new design and we stuck with that for a few years, changing colours when we ran out. At some stage in the 80s we started up the numbering system again so I'm afraid the first 300 originals will all be on the one-sided oblong ones.

hi adey so there were just 300 like this then ?

Edited by Tony Parker
Social source share

Have an orange card no.310 with an address where I was living c 80/81. Also have 3rd anniversary flyer plus assorted 6T'S flyers including the 101 Club Clapham and The Clarendon Hotel Hammersmith. Plus a newwsletter from someone called Harboro' Horace whoever that is! But have no scanner so you'll just to take my word for it.

Gary

PS Rouncey - will see you next week. Thank John and Tony for Heather's birthday card!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not quite right, kidda - the first 299, and my number 999 , were all one-sided (see above)...

Social source share

Have an orange card no.310 with an address where I was living c 80/81. Also have 3rd anniversary flyer plus assorted 6T'S flyers including the 101 Club Clapham and The Clarendon Hotel Hammersmith. Plus a newwsletter from someone called Harboro' Horace whoever that is! But have no scanner so you'll just to take my word for it.

Gary

PS Rouncey - will see you next week. Thank John and Tony for Heather's birthday card!

just found my original white oblong card with no.310 in top right hand corner so number must have been transferred,

Gary

Social source share

here's mine (haven't uploaded a scan before so not sure if this will work):

Mines a white fold-over card, the numbers 2693 (around 1983 or before?). Once saw two lasses out of Banarnarama down down there, I wonder what numbers they where?

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Think these are the 100 Club on one of the few times I took a camera out in the 80's. Would be 87 or 88 at a guess.

post-225-1179582447_thumb.jpg

above Barbara Kingan, Little Jimmy & John Kingan. Cliff Steele (who doesn't look any different now :wicked: ) to the right.

post-225-1179583572_thumb.jpg

Pablo to the left.

I've got some old flyers from 80's somewhere and some echoes adds. Also got 100 Club from October '87 (I think) on tape.

Nice pics. :wicked:

Joke birthday card from the Gooze - mid 90's.

post-2216-1179606033_thumb.jpg post-2216-1179606054_thumb.jpg

post-2216-1179606106_thumb.jpg

Social source share

tony, yup pauline had (33) a card which was close to ours, and im sure sid has 30, obviously twig,brian childs,....didnt we used to meet up with tank on occasion...then we went to the other place on a mini bus(tott court rd?), colin, mark shaw.........the harboro boys....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!