Anyone Ever Heard Of This 70's Record?

Pete S

My brother just gave me a load of records he found round his mom in laws, one of her sons had them in the 70's, anyway theres a couple of god ones but most are typical soul pack things from the 70's. Only one that I can't trace:

Dale dennard - If you can live with yourself / Bullet - Coach 114.

Not my sort of thing but quite a nice 70's midtempo sound, other side is funkier.

Doubt if it's worth anything but thought I'd see if anyone had heard of it.

p.s. there was a derek martin - if you go - sue in there, 4 voices, vipers, gene middleton on funk factory, eddie long etc. Worst thing is, my brother said he'd saved these for me but they threw another 2 boxes away before he got there

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes, I've heard it and it was included on the Bob Jones compiled "Jazz Spectrum 2" compilation on BBE from a bunch of years back.

As for value, £15-£20 maybe?

Thanks for the info Sebastian. Ever heard of "man from the ghetto" by family Affair on Authentic records? That was another one I couldn't find. There were two by them, one of them was listed at 15, don' think this was it

Social source share

Thanks for the info Sebastian. Ever heard of "man from the ghetto" by family Affair on Authentic records? That was another one I couldn't find. There were two by them, one of them was listed at 15, don' think this was it

Yes, I know that one as well, decent "stoner funk" type stuff. Not worth anything really, £5-£10-ish, but stick it on eBay with a soundclip and it'll probably go for more. I prefer their other one on Authentic, "I Had A Friend", which is going for slightly more.

Social source share

Yes, I know that one as well, decent "stoner funk" type stuff. Not worth anything really, £5-£10-ish, but stick it on eBay with a soundclip and it'll probably go for more. I prefer their other one on Authentic, "I Had A Friend", which is going for slightly more.

That ones here as well. Can't believe they chucked 2 boxes away. They also threw away one of the first ever versions of Scalextrix with the old fashioned long type racing cars. That must have been worth a fortune, still in its box. Threw it down the tip.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MARTIN SNOW

Pete, what are the other credits on the Dale Dennard and is he a known artist ? It's hardly a common surname so I'm just wondering by any chance whether he's a relation of the much used session drummer Quinton Dennard who played in Mighty Fire, Flakes, and The Skool Boyz in the early 80's just to name a few.

Social source share

Pete, what are the other credits on the Dale Dennard and is he a known artist ? It's hardly a common surname so I'm just wondering by any chance whether he's a relation of the much used session drummer Quinton Dennard who played in Mighty Fire, Flakes, and The Skool Boyz in the early 80's just to name a few.

Label draws a blank mate, the only other name on there is J. Smith :thumbsup: not much to go on there!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!