Northern Soul & Motown In Southampton Friday 1st June

• Replies 57
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

About time we had a bit of northern soul in Southampton - really looking forward to it! What is the dance floor like in the Regents park?

Rob

its not that big i'm afraid its in the back room of the pub not sure how many it holds.

chilli is the man to ask as he has to clean the talk of it....the room itself holds around 50-70 this is the 3rd soul night to be held at this gaff in the main bar, they have a solo artist doing 60ts motown covers.

always a good night alot of the soul shoes crowd turn up for it...look forward to seeing you there

regards alfie...ktf.. :P

its not that big i'm afraid its in the back room of the pub not sure how many it holds.

chilli is the man to ask as he has to clean the talk of it....the room itself holds around 50-70 this is the 3rd soul night to be held at this gaff in the main bar, they have a solo artist doing 60ts motown covers.

always a good night alot of the soul shoes crowd turn up for it...look forward to seeing you there

regards alfie...ktf.. :P

would love to join you alfie but soulsmith chris and i are djing at a pub do too

have a great one mate

why thankyou...hope you have a great one too..busy weekend this one got mr bones 40th bash on the sat.. :P

how was your hols find any hidden tresures.... :yes: ...great holiday..no hidden treasures but done £600 b4 i left on the monday mornin

NORTHERN SOUL & MOTOWN NIGHT

AT THE REGENTS PARK HOTEL

regents park rd shirley

SOUTHAMPTON

friday 1st june

7.30pm till late

FREE ENTRY

djs to include

chilli(mas) alfie(diamond soul iow)

plus guest.......

Hello Alfie

I'm sure me & Neil will make it down one Friday. Hope the night is a success for all involved..

Dolly :(:thumbsup:

Guest chilly

you just need steve snow and thats all the decent iow djs playing :ohmy:

young man what are you saying

is there more then 3 on the iow then :thumbsup:

young man what are you saying

is there more then 3 on the iow then :ohmy:

where did that bit of crumpet with the strange name live

she played at the iow niter

very sexy and a few nice tooons too

Guest chilly

where did that bit of crumpet with the strange name live

she played at the iow niter

very sexy and a few nice tooons too

minka from cowes shes old bill now :ohmy:

About time we had a bit of northern soul in Southampton - really looking forward to it! What is the dance floor like in the Regents park?

Rob

Your joking mate, it's a backstreet pub near Millbrook Rd, we used to go there 75-76, a few soul sounds then from your typical 70s mobile DJ's and there used to be this prick squaddie who used to get up and dance for everybody, complete with announcement from the DJ 'Mick is now going to Northern Soul dance for you!' There was no dance floor then and there sure as heck aint one now! Still, better than nothing as you say.

Edited by Chorley

Your joking mate, it's a backstreet pub near Millbrook Rd, we used to go there 75-76, a few soul sounds then from your typical 70s mobile DJ's and there used to be this prick squaddie who used to get up and dance for everybody, complete with announcement from the DJ 'Mick is now going to Northern Soul dance for you!' There was no dance floor then and there sure as heck aint one now! Still, better than nothing as you say.

good evening soulies... :thumbsup:

i was'nt around southampton back in the 70s...i was picking onions in the fens(cambs) :shades:

to be honest it is'nt much of a dance floor but when you move all the tables out the way there is space to do a couple of back drops....it keeps the punters happy & amused biggrin.gif ...and somone always nicks me talc :D

regards alfie

ktf

Edited by alfie00soul

Hello Alfie

I'm sure me & Neil will make it down one Friday. Hope the night is a success for all involved..

Dolly thumbsup.gif:D

well hello to you too,,,long time no see hope all is well up north... :D

cheers for the kind words.... :thumbsup::shades:

looking forward to it as always, just can't get enough of that pure soul..

regards alfie

ktf

nice of you to give alfie your support :thumbsup:

Guest chilly

each to there own has been 3 events here now all have gone well and every one walked away happy

its just a place were a couple of us play some tunes and have a good chat

its free as well :rolleyes:

Rob

Not being funny here Rob but Gary Todd runs a do at Bishopstoke/Eastleigh every other month.Next one sat.9th June.Also runs a do on the other month at The Riverside club in St.Denys.

Usually 2 cracking nights.

I try to support Toddy as much as possible as its always worth the drive from Bournemouth. :rolleyes:

Dave.

Hi Dave I visit Poole fairly often and noticed your post about a northern night near S,ton do you have any more details of dates for the summer months/links to flyers etc to Eastleigh or St Denys as I haven't seen them in the events section?Thanks :rolleyes:

Hi Dave I visit Poole fairly often and noticed your post about a northern night near S,ton do you have any more details of dates for the summer months/links to flyers etc to Eastleigh or St Denys as I haven't seen them in the events section?Thanks :rolleyes:

they do get posted occasionally but toddy has only just joined and uses his daughters pc

pm me an address and ill send you flyers

moldie

Hi Jan,

If you're in Poole fairly often why not pay us a visit at Bournemouth Uni.Next one on 16th June.All our dates are in events section I hope.

Dave.

Hi Jan,

If you're in Poole fairly often why not pay us a visit at Bournemouth Uni.Next one on 16th June.All our dates are in events section I hope.

Dave.

plus the fact dave and i are babe magnets :rolleyes:

Hey thanks alot guys for your help :rolleyes: I was down for the modrapheniacs weekender at Sandford in March dunno if any of you go there? They have a great northern room, unfortunately it,s only on once a year...pity thats not every month! thumbsup.gif

Hey thanks alot guys for your help :rolleyes: I was down for the modrapheniacs weekender at Sandford in March dunno if any of you go there? They have a great northern room, unfortunately it,s only on once a year...pity thats not every month! thumbsup.gif

Missed out this time due to work etc.I know Gary Todd was on and as usual went down a storm.

Dave.

hello everyone hi to jan im one of the modrapheniacs i no what you mean about the soul room brilliant venue glad you enjoyed it looking forward to the next one

Guest Bearsy

the room was ok but the DJs were proper shite if you ask me, they kept playing the same tunes all night :shades:

Guest Bearsy

hia bearsy we did only have 5 records between us

ooooops sorry Garlick i forgot it was your fine self, Chilly and Alfie DJing. It was a good weekend and a bloody good laugh too, where the f**k have them pom poms gone :rolleyes:

Yes Sandford is a great place, went last year also, good music friendly crowd and appears to be no politics. Too many do,s on up north these days...not enough in the south, although have heard of Bourne4soul and intend to come over for that one either June or August. Are the IOW dos similar to Sandford then guys? :rolleyes:

Yes Sandford is a great place, went last year also, good music friendly crowd and appears to be no politics. Too many do,s on up north these days...not enough in the south, although have heard of Bourne4soul and intend to come over for that one either June or August. Are the IOW dos similar to Sandford then guys? :rolleyes:

at the end of the day its what you make so every can be a good one if you no what i mean

Guest Bearsy

similar i would say yesish, the boys Chilly and Garlick are the organisors of both i believe (sandford & IOW allnighter), Alfie has a lot to do with things on the IOW little doo`s and he aint very good but his guest DJs are.

piss taking bunch of friends with no politics except who has the most nose hair yes.gif

similar i would say yesish, the boys Chilly and Garlick are the organisors of both i believe (sandford & IOW allnighter), Alfie has a lot to do with things on the IOW little doo`s and he aint very good but his guest DJs are.

piss taking bunch of friends with no politics except who has the most nose hair yes.gif

and :rolleyes:

[/quote totaly agree

Guest chilly

Yes Sandford is a great place, went last year also, good music friendly crowd and appears to be no politics. Too many do,s on up north these days...not enough in the south, although have heard of Bourne4soul and intend to come over for that one either June or August. Are the IOW dos similar to Sandford then guys? thumbsup.gif

hello jan i run the northern room at sandford and am part of mas that put on the allnighter on the iow

the all nighter is a top venue and i belive some of the best djs from the south coast are lined up to play

all ways a great time had any way we are playing some tunes at the regents park hotel free do so pop along for some good tunes and a chat :D

hello jan i run the northern room at sandford and am part of mas that put on the allnighter on the iow

the all nighter is a top venue and i belive some of the best djs from the south coast are lined up to play

all ways a great time had any way we are playing some tunes at the regents park hotel free do so pop along for some good tunes and a chat thumbsup.gif

i'll bring the locketts blackcurrent flavor...

Guest Bearsy

the all nighter is a top venue and i belive some of the best djs from the south coast are lined up to play and me :D

all ways a great time had any way we are playing some tunes at the regents park hotel free do so pop along for some good tunes and a chat thumbsup.gif

bearsy if you leave early enough on friday you could dj here before going to the iow

im sure jo would let you

ive met her once and was very impressed thumbsup.gif

Guest Bearsy

bearsy if you leave early enough on friday you could dj here before going to the iow

im sure jo would let you

ive met her once and was very impressed thumbsup.gif

could do but getting away for one night is lucky enough i dont want to push my luck, you really dont know Jo properly yet do you no.gif

never stand straight on when talking to her as she has a very impressive knee jerk reaction, Gillingham girl through and through :D

QUOTE(chilly @ May 24 2007, 10:26 PM) post_snapback.gifhello jan i run the northern room at sandford and am part of mas that put on the allnighter on the iow

Thanks I would like to come but will have to make it another time as at home up north that week end. Hope you have a real good night tho...Well done with the northern room at Sandford wish it was on as a nighter/soul night every month! :D