3 Cocks, Lower St, Kettering. Sunday 27th May

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

Its another bank holiday next Monday,so that must mean ANOTHER day off work,(top form).

On Sunday the 27th we are doing another Sunday Night Chill Out at the 3 Cocks Pub, Lower Street, Kettering.

The get together is held in the function room at the back of the pub.

There is a ample dance floor for anyone feeling energetic, and a lounge area if you just want to come along and listen to some cracking tunes.

There is no set dj line up but Myself, Steve Towers, Trev Davison and Steve Brown will be there to spin a few tunes.

If you fancy a go at playing a few tunes, bring them along with you and you can have a turn. Or if you have a track at home that you want to hear played louder than you can play it at home and you dont get to hear it at venues, bring it along and i will(or you can) play it. As long as its been vetted first.So no "Dooleys or Osmonds. Even if they do sound soulfull when you've had a skinfull.

The emphasis of the evening is on chilling and having a laugh. So all seriousness gets left at the door.

We start at about 7pm and finish around about 11.30pm. However as its bank holiday we may be able to go on a bit longer, but we may have to turn the music down a tad.

So if you've got nothing better to do on Sunday the 27ths evening why not come along to the 3 Cocks Pub, Kettering chill out before you go back to work, i promise you wont regret it.

GOOD MUSIC, GOOD FRIENDS, ALCOHOL AND ITS FREE, WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR.

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kev such

FREE ALCOHOL KEV!!! i should reword that mate you could be a bit unindated with punters :wicked:

Morning Mr Jem.

How the devil are you sir?

You are right there mate, any excuse eh?

I meant to put,

GOOD MUSIC, GOOD FRIENDS, ALHOHOL AND ITS FREE ADMISSION (NOT THE ALCOHOL).

Thanks for that Jem, i must be still half asleep.

Couldnt make it over last week Jem, I have got an easier week this week so i'll be over this week for a cuppa. Do i need to bring me own milk again?

Best to the family

Regards

Kev.

Morning Mr Jem.

How the devil are you sir?

You are right there mate, any excuse eh?

I meant to put,

GOOD MUSIC, GOOD FRIENDS, ALHOHOL AND ITS FREE ADMISSION (NOT THE ALCOHOL).

Thanks for that Jem, i must be still half asleep.

Couldnt make it over last week Jem, I have got an easier week this week so i'll be over this week for a cuppa. Do i need to bring me own milk again?

Best to the family

Regards

Kev.

No problem with milk now mate, we have recentley invested in a cow its cheaper but you will have to squeeze your own out :wicked: ....and dont forget choclate biscuits if i think of anything else we need i will phone you......cheers mate :wicked:

Guest the saint

Its another bank holiday next Monday,so that must mean ANOTHER day off work,(top form).

On Sunday the 27th we are doing another Sunday Night Chill Out at the 3 Cocks Pub, Lower Street, Kettering.

The get together is held in the function room at the back of the pub.

There is a ample dance floor for anyone feeling energetic, and a lounge area if you just want to come along and listen to some cracking tunes.

There is no set dj line up but Myself, Steve Towers, Trev Davison and Steve Brown will be there to spin a few tunes.

If you fancy a go at playing a few tunes, bring them along with you and you can have a turn. Or if you have a track at home that you want to hear played louder than you can play it at home and you dont get to hear it at venues, bring it along and i will(or you can) play it. As long as its been vetted first.So no "Dooleys or Osmonds. Even if they do sound soulfull when you've had a skinfull.

The emphasis of the evening is on chilling and having a laugh. So all seriousness gets left at the door.

We start at about 7pm and finish around about 11.30pm. However as its bank holiday we may be able to go on a bit longer, but we may have to turn the music down a tad.

So if you've got nothing better to do on Sunday the 27ths evening why not come along to the 3 Cocks Pub, Kettering chill out before you go back to work, i promise you wont regret it.

GOOD MUSIC, GOOD FRIENDS, ALCOHOL AND ITS FREE, WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR.

to all of you out there in soul land although kev said the evening starts at 7:00pm i will be spinning discs in the back room from about 3:00 if you fancy come along then bring the family and have lunch at the pub it's a roast dinner and it only costs 3.50 i'm sure ali and doug would welcome the extra diners. and you will be listening to some decent music whilst dining.

kev hope you bring your spandex shorts as i have a load of requests already for some modern tunes. get the fliers done!!.

kev make sure you annouce it at cream cracker.

all the best

steve (the oldies dj)

Guest the saint

all the best

steve (the oldies dj)

Haven't you got that wrong, shouldn't it read the old dj? :thumbsup:

COMPARED TO YOU WHIPPERSNAPERS YES

OTHER WISE NO

STEVE

Guest kev such

kev hope you bring your spandex shorts as i have a load of requests already for some modern tunes. get the fliers done!!.

Who has asked you for modern tunes Steve?

I dont want the 3 Cocks bash to turn into a disco, where we have to do impressions of "FAME".

Unfortunately my spandex shorts are at the menders as i ripped them last time trying to a triple pirouette to your last lot of modern tracks.

Kev

Guest Cher1962

:thumbsup: Well thats buggered the thread up aint it! :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to this night.... last one was a blinder, good music, good company, good chill out session and we laughed all night! Just what you should do on a Sunday Bank Holiday night! Great too coz its within staggering distance of home (and we did if I remember rightly!).

I was hoping that this night will be exactly the same as last time but Steve you have me worried now! I am not coming to listen to modern all night - I assumed it would be a good night with music across the board and music being played that the punters want as was. I havent even got any spandex shorts so I cant play can I!! I am assuming you have made a typo ?? Are you an "oldies dj" as stated or are you sticking to the modern route? Not getting at you here mate (well I am if you want to play modern all night). I want to have a bloody good night and listen to a good old mixture of sounds before falling over and crashing out!

Central is just up the road if you are interested Ha!!

Cheryl

Guest kev such

I was hoping that this night will be exactly the same as last time but Steve you have me worried now! I am not coming to listen to modern all night - I assumed it would be a good night with music across the board and music being played that the punters want as was. I havent even got any spandex shorts so I cant play can I!! I am assuming you have made a typo ?? Are you an "oldies dj" as stated or are you sticking to the modern route? Not getting at you here mate (well I am if you want to play modern all night). I want to have a bloody good night and listen to a good old mixture of sounds before falling over and crashing out!

Cheryl

DONT WORRY CHERYL. I wont allow it to turn into a modern bash. We play more or less what we do at the Cracker AND THATS IT!!!!

Admittedly it is a bit of a free for all, but the MAJORITY of the tunes played WILL BE good old dancing stuff.

See you and Steve Saturday at the Cream Cracker.

Kev.

Guest Cher1962

Great Kev..... Does exactly what it says on the tin!!!

See you Sat .... did you say you was going to be my beer waiter?

Cheryl

Guest kev such

..... Does exactly what it says on the tin!!!

See you Sat .... did you say you was going to be my beer waiter?

So sorry to say i cant be your beer waiter as my tuxedo was leant to Mr Craig for the last James Bond film and he aint returned it yet the bugger.

Might change the Cream Cracker to Ronseal.

Regards

Kev

Edited by kev such

Who has asked you for modern tunes Steve?

I dont want the 3 Cocks bash to turn into a disco, where we have to do impressions of "FAME".

Unfortunately my spandex shorts are at the menders as i ripped them last time trying to a triple pirouette to your last lot of modern tracks.

Kev

Hi Mate

If Kev & Gloria turn up you might have to put a few Disco tracks on just to compliment Kev's White Suit.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Guest the saint

Really looking forward to this night.... last one was a blinder, good music, good company, good chill out session and we laughed all night! Just what you should do on a Sunday Bank Holiday night! Great too coz its within staggering distance of home (and we did if I remember rightly!).

Cheryl

THE MODERN WAS FOR KEV AND KEV ONLY THE REST OF YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH GOOD DANCING MUSIC

STEVE

Guest Cher1962

THE MODERN WAS FOR KEV AND KEV ONLY THE REST OF YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH GOOD DANCING MUSIC

STEVE

Oh right Steve, obviously missing the joke!!

See you on Sunday,

Cheryl

yep im sure ill be coming along to this on bank holiday sunday . the last one was a good night bit of leg pullin but all in good spirit thats how it should be , cant beat chillin out with a few freinds and a couple of beers and of course a few nice sounds and best of all its free. must not forget to mention the first 25 through the door [ back room ] will get a free drink of there favourite tipple the promoter kev such will pick up the tab. cant be bad can it.

Guest kev such

Hi Mate

If Kev & Gloria turn up you might have to put a few Disco tracks on just to compliment Kev's White Suit.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hello Brav.

If they do venture over, i was going to give Kev a tenner (in change) and let him sit in the bar,. I understand that the 3 Cocks has got a great selection of 70's disco music on their jukebox. I will just go in there every 20mins to fill his pint glass up and supply him with nibbles. He'd be in his element, i can just see him in his white suit, throwing peanuts up in the air, catching them in his mouth and incorporating it into his Travolta style dance routine, while humming to Earth Wind and Fire.

Hope you are well Brav.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

yep im sure ill be coming along to this on bank holiday sunday . the last one was a good night bit of leg pullin but all in good spirit thats how it should be , cant beat chillin out with a few freinds and a couple of beers and of course a few nice sounds and best of all its free. must not forget to mention the first 25 through the door [ back room ] will get a free drink of there favourite tipple the promoter kev such will pick up the tab. cant be bad can it.

WHAT????

Nige i dont think its wise to mention Backrooms on a thread about 3 Cocks mate. God only knows what people will think we are running. Its a chill out soul session mate, not a swingers party.

And can i just point out that there is NO truth in the first 25 through the door, getting their first drink on me, unless of course you want a glass of tap water with lemon and ice. I can stretch to that.

I know it would be nice to get a few more through the door, but you dont have to lie to em mate. :P

Like you said mate it is just a chillout, with friends listening to some great tunes and having copious amounts of alcohol, and of course the entrance(not the beer) is FREE. Sheer heaven, its what Bank Holidays are for.

See you saturday afternoon mate.

Regards

Kev.

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

whats wrong with swingers partys have you had bad experiences in the past kev

nah getting back to the free drinks i was tellin porkys i would like to apoligise to everbody on the thread smack on the hand :P

A smack on the hand eh Nige, in your experince mate is that how it starts? :yes:

Bad experiences mate, NO!! Just off to my happy place now.

Kev S....just realised...Rob and myself can make this one...would you let me have details so our taxi firm will know where to go..Jan and Jo will be at the Northampton Weekender so i doubt if they will be coming over...i really havnt had a lot of chance to speak with them lately...but Rob and myself realised that it is a Bank Holiday weekend..such as our workload has been didnt even realise...bad innit???....anyway PM me with details please...cya Sunday...looking forward to them CDs babes.....Delxx

Guest the saint

Kev S....just realised...Rob and myself can make this one...would you let me have details so our taxi firm will know where to go..Jan and Jo will be at the Northampton Weekender so i doubt if they will be coming over...i really havnt had a lot of chance to speak with them lately...but Rob and myself realised that it is a Bank Holiday weekend..such as our workload has been didnt even realise...bad innit???....anyway PM me with details please...cya Sunday...looking forward to them CDs babes.....Delxx

Hi Del

the address is THE THREE COCKS, lower street, kettering.

it is opposite morrisons super market.

steve t

Guest kev such

MIGHT POP DOWN TO SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD NIGHT

KEV.

(DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB). :thumbsup:

Evening Kev.

Excellent news, the more the merrier. As already said mate, its nothing too serious, and it will be good to get aquianted.

See you Sunday, hopefully.

Cream Cracker is on the night before, if you're about mate.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

Hello Rob and Del.

Just finished work, sometimes i hate being me own boss.

Great that your coming over on Sunday. Have got to add another track to one of the CD's, as have just got Ronnie Forte and the B side "Nervous Breakdown" is brilliant.

Thankfully Mr Towers has given you the all important address.

Be good and i'll see you both Sunday night. Dont forget to come over with your tongue in cheek. :thumbsup:

Regards

Kev

Hello Rob and Del.

Just finished work, sometimes i hate being me own boss.

Great that your coming over on Sunday. Have got to add another track to one of the CD's, as have just got Ronnie Forte and the B side "Nervous Breakdown" is brilliant.

Thankfully Mr Towers has given you the all important address.

Be good and i'll see you both Sunday night. Dont forget to come over with your tongue in cheek. :thumbsup:

Regards

Kev

Deffo mate.... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif:ohmy: ....Delxxx

Guest Cher1962

"Just finished work, sometimes i hate being me own boss."

Come on Kev put your pinny and rubber gloves away and relax a bit.... own boss indeed.... we all know Karen is!!

Sounds like numbers are picking up for this night... should be a good one as long as everyone gets rid of their hangovers after Cracker night!

Dont forget your tin hat mate! Cant wait.... wicked.gif:thumbsup:

See you Sat,

Cheryl

Guest kev such

"Just finished work, sometimes i hate being me own boss."

Come on Kev put your pinny and rubber gloves away and relax a bit.... own boss indeed.... we all know Karen is!!

Sounds like numbers are picking up for this night... should be a good one as long as everyone gets rid of their hangovers after Cracker night!

Dont forget your tin hat mate! Cant wait.... wicked.gif:thumbsup:

See you Sat,

Cheryl

Your right Cheryl, looks like a fair bit of interest.

Trouble with having a hangover at the 3 Cocks the night after the Cracker is that we wont drink as much and will go back home after the night thinking we haven't drank enough.

Reference a hat Cheryl, its a beret (or it was) not a hat. I will explain on Saturday evening.

But i will bring something to protect me from the terrible jokes flying in my direction. Wait and see.

Regards to you and Steve.

See you Saturday.

Kev.

Guest farmertom

Hi Kev

Sorry I'm going to miss this one ,

Ive got to go to Scotland for Monday, got some seed trials to look at bloody farming!

try and catch the next one

tom.

:thumbsup:

Guest Cher1962

Trouble with having a hangover at the 3 Cocks the night after the Cracker is that we wont drink as much and will go back home after the night thinking we haven't drank enough.

You speak for yourself..... I wont have a problem mate!!!

Cheryl

Guest kev such

Hi Kev

Sorry I'm going to miss this one ,

Ive got to go to Scotland for Monday, got some seed trials to look at bloody farming!

try and catch the next one

tom.

shades.gif

Shame Tom.

When you say "Seed trials" is that like "the horse trials"? Or are there a couple of nasty bergonia seeds up on a murder rap? Who would defend a seed in a murder trial? Where would they serve their sentence?

See you Saturday night anyway Tom.

Regards to Maggie mate.

Kev.

Edited by kev such
Guest Cher1962

:rolleyes:

Beret.... oommm wonder what that could be ...... not worried you dont frighten me as coming en masse mate!!

Not sure which one I am looking forward to the most, this night or Cream Cracker but do know one thing, this night will be a bloody good laugh and hopefully you will get a good crowd through the door (even if they only come to see a grown man cry) but hey anyway you can get them through the door all well and good. Bringing my box of tissues for you Kev in readiness. :thumbsup:

Anyone wondering what all that is about.... come along and see Kettering's humour first hand!

Cheryl