Pilsley 19th May

Thanks to all attendees

Thanks to all DJ`s

Thanks to all promoters

Thanks to ladies on the door (Thats me as well!)

Thanks to bar staff

Thanks to those who nearly came but didn`t quite make it

Thanks to all who have been over the past 5 years and 1 month

Thanks to all who have ever enjoyed Pilsley soul nights

Thanks to all those who have been and didn`t enjoy it. Thanks for coming along anyway

Thanks to all those who have slagged us off in the past. It keeps our name in the spotlight!

Thanks to all those who speak well of us

And thanks to you all out there, whoever you are who are reading this thread.

By the way..Is it the BAFTA`s tonight :wicked:

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks to all attendees

Thanks to all DJ`s

Thanks to all promoters

Thanks to bar staff

Thanks to all those who have been and didn`t enjoy it. Thanks for coming along anyway

Thanks to all those who have slagged us off in the past. It keeps our name in the spotlight!

By the way..Is it the BAFTA`s tonight :wicked:

HI TO ALL OUT THERE I WOULD LIKE TO AWARD THIS BAFTA TO SHARON FOR BEING HONEST AND TRUE .. :wicked::D:shades::thumbsup::thumbup::):D:D .

GREAT NIGHT ENJOYED IT ,,GOT TO SAY DJ DINT TURN UP ,,BUT CHRIS AND BARRY HAVE BOTH GOT A BIG COLLECTION OF TUNES AND A GOOD JOB THEY BROUGHT SOME EXTRA WITH THEM ON THE NIGHT ,, THEY PLAYED IN ROTATION ..FROM 8 PM TILL 1 AM

AND I DINT HEAR THE SAME TUNE TWICE ,,,,,,

WELL DONE YOU BOTH DESERVE A BAFTA,,,

PETE ... :wicked:

Just want to say that I thought last night at Pilsley was one of the best I have enjoyed, being a promoter you tend not to relax when its your own do, but last night was one of those nights where the music was great and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

It would be what I call a old Pilsley night (if you have ever been you'll know what I mean)

Dance floor was busy early on and then right up until our 1am finish it was still full, music policy was mailnly oldies but you know with me I'll always throw in a couple different tunes in, its funny how in these parts people think Kirk Franklin is new??? also played out Grover Mitchell "What Hurts".

Yes it was a really enjoyable evening with a great atmosphere and good to seeing people enjoying themselves.

By the way Pete, Andy did the first hour then Chris and I did two 1hr spots, next month we are on the 16th June with Guest DJ Glynn Sissons with Alan (of Alan and Karen doing the 1st Hr)

Hope to see you there.

Barry Cooper (depressed red Callderwood out - psycho in)

Just want to say that I thought last night at Pilsley was one of the best I have enjoyed, being a promoter you tend not to relax when its your own do, but last night was one of those nights where the music was great and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

It would be what I call a old Pilsley night (if you have ever been you'll know what I mean)

Dance floor was busy early on and then right up until our 1am finish it was still full, music policy was mailnly oldies but you know with me I'll always throw in a couple different tunes in, its funny how in these parts people think Kirk Franklin is new??? also played out Grover Mitchell "What Hurts".

Yes it was a really enjoyable evening with a great atmosphere and good to seeing people enjoying themselves.

By the way Pete, Andy did the first hour then Chris and I did two 1hr spots, next month we are on the 16th June with Guest DJ Glynn Sissons with Alan (of Alan and Karen doing the 1st Hr)

Hope to see you there.

would like to have been there,but suffering with Reds Depression as well,cure as yet unknown.

BTW Grover Mitchell is a top toon,bought it as a new release from HMV(PHIL KINGSWOOD?), about 75'....see. you lot soon ,,Kev. :thumbsup:

would like to have been there,but suffering with Reds Depression as well,cure as yet unknown.

BTW Grover Mitchell is a top toon,bought it as a new release from HMV(PHIL KINGSWOOD?), about 75'....see. you lot soon ,,Kev. :thumbsup:

Hi Kev

Can understand why now not there last night, but you could have supported me against all those sheep s**** laughing at me.

As to cure for suffering Reds depression.................................................................. there is none.

AND it gets worse.. chairman is backing Calderwood.

Barry

HI TO ALL OUT THERE I WOULD LIKE TO AWARD THIS BAFTA TO SHARON FOR BEING HONEST AND TRUE .. :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D .

GREAT NIGHT ENJOYED IT ,,GOT TO SAY DJ DINT TURN UP ,,BUT CHRIS AND BARRY HAVE BOTH GOT A BIG COLLECTION OF TUNES AND A GOOD JOB THEY BROUGHT SOME EXTRA WITH THEM ON THE NIGHT ,, THEY PLAYED IN ROTATION ..FROM 8 PM TILL 1 AM

AND I DINT HEAR THE SAME TUNE TWICE ,,,,,,

WELL DONE YOU BOTH DESERVE A BAFTA,,,

PETE ... :thumbsup:

Thanks Pete...I love you all... mwah...mwah...smil12.gif

Hope to see you there.

:lol: hi barry sorry mate dint no alan did first spot ..sorry to alan as well ..

will pop in to room early next time to have a listen ...

was in bar room having a chat ,,,

just thought you and chris did well going right through the night ...

but dint i catch you nodding at quart to 1... :lol::thumbsup: .

or was you hiding cause reds lost out ... :thumbsup: .

cu soon mate..

pete :lol:

Yes, of course. By invitation only...You will have a VIP pass!

By the way Chris says you lot will have to start and get your heads together about the New Years bash!

misc51.gif

i have said this to the others they have said be sorting it out soon ..

so a meeting in a local pub looks like being with in the next fortnight..

ok

cu soon ..

pete

Thanks to all attendees

Thanks to all DJ`s

Thanks to all promoters

Thanks to bar staff

By the way..Is it the BAFTA`s tonight :P

And thanks to the missus, always gets the day after the night before thread going. Thouroughly enjoyed myself last night, thought it was great and to see the floor full to the end again is sooooooo satisfying. Music was great the whole way through and not a double play all evening.

Thanks to all who support, especially those who travel distances to be there. its greatly appreciated.

Big thanks to Andy who started the evening with some well chosen tunes.

Chris

Hope to see you there.

Sorry Barry, Chris and the Cooperettes, apart from being unable to get my head out of my hands over the Forest debacle I've not had any kid-care this weekend, never really agreed with people taking kids along so don't want to do it myself, although my 11 year old daughter is 8 feet tall! Would've liked to hear your marathon spot, always appreciated the variety of soul at Pilsley. Long may you continue, see you soon, Dean

And thanks to the missus, always gets the day after the night before thread going. Thouroughly enjoyed myself last night, thought it was great and to see the floor full to the end again is sooooooo satisfying. Music was great the whole way through and not a double play all evening.

Thanks to all who support, especially those who travel distances to be there. its greatly appreciated.

Big thanks to Andy who started the evening with some well chosen tunes.

Chris

Thanks for the kind words Chris, it's much appreciated.

Joanne and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves again on Saturday. We both needed some "Soothe Me" on Sunday. Thank you to you and Barry for the advice on Kim Weston.

Keep up the good work

Andy

Edited by ronjon

Sorry Barry, Chris and the Cooperettes, apart from being unable to get my head out of my hands over the Forest debacle I've not had any kid-care this weekend, never really agreed with people taking kids along so don't want to do it myself, although my 11 year old daughter is 8 feet tall! Would've liked to hear your marathon spot, always appreciated the variety of soul at Pilsley. Long may you continue, see you soon, Dean

Thanks Dean,

Theres a lot of Forest inspired depression around at the moment!

Won`t be able to make it to the Attic for the next two months (Wedding in June and Holiday in July) Really sorry about that coz it seems ages since we were last over your neck of the woods.

Glad to hear that Mark is still able to do your gig though.

See ya`ll around. :ohmy:

Thanks for the kind words Chris, it's much appreciated.

Joanne and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves again on Saturday. We both needed some "Soothe Me" on Sunday. Thank you to you and Barry for the advice on Kim Weston.

Keep up the good work

Andy

Glad to hear you had a good time. Its often a bit of a thankless task doing the 1st spot but again you did us proud. Cheers mate :ohmy: