Middleton Allnighter, 19th May

• Replies 85
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Derbyshire Lads had a great time last night,I think Soul Sam played a great spot, along with the other DJs,Thanks to Andy for putting the nighter on,this is one of the best nighters in the country.

P.S. My poor feet :lol::lol:

Kev :thumbsup:

It must have been a good night,nobody in the land of the living yet :lol:

It must have been a good night,nobody in the land of the living yet :lol:

Kev. Not that i,m in the land of the living yet or anytime come to that :lol: But got to agree another top night at one of the best nighters in the country. Left at 6am for a nightmare journey home through 1 set of traffic lights but they where on green so my journey time was nearly 4 mins. hate these long treks home :thumbsup: Good to spend time with real people listening to real music which as always was top quality esp in the Willinghams den of iniquity.

Steve

Guest Trevski

The Derbyshire Lads had a great time last night,I think Soul Sam played a great spot, along with the other DJs,Thanks to Andy for putting the nighter on,this is one of the best nighters in the country.

P.S. My poor feet :lol::lol:

Good nite, good turnout, but a bit of a unispiring nite musicaly. Class records from Sam, but tiring of hearing them now. Same with a lot of the playlists. I know it's hard, and tunes are expensive, but even Joseph Webster, Elipsis, Mixed Feelings etc are getting a bit tired. Doesn't help that one can hear stuff like this at the click of a mouse anytime! Don't know the answer to this really, short of binning all my MP4's! :thumbsup: Resorted to the usual "Celebrity lookie-likee" spotting. No Harry Worth this time, but he was amply replaced by:

A/ Jimmy Clitheroe

B/ John Coffey from the 'Green mile'

and two footballing celebs

Ian Wright and Peter Crouch

Plus the celebrity-in-his-own-right

The man with the worlds largest trousers!

No female lookielikees, altho' Richard claims to have seen Hilda Baker, the sighting was unconfirmed!

New game Soul Source Scratchcards!!

Rules:

Engage someone you have never met before in conversation.

Scratch beneath the normal banter to reveal a Soul Sourcer

First to reveal 3 members wins a prize!

:lol:

Edited by Trevski
Guest malc1

Kev. Not that i,m in the land of the living yet or anytime come to that :thumbsup: But got to agree another top night at one of the best nighters in the country. Left at 6am for a nightmare journey home through 1 set of traffic lights but they where on green so my journey time was nearly 4 mins. hate these long treks home :thumbsup: Good to spend time with real people listening to real music which as always was top quality esp in the Willinghams den of iniquity.

Steve

eyup Steve could"nt agree more m8 talked too much as usuall danced a little best spot for me was Soul Sam ,Flanney and Neil Jones.and btw thanks for all the info on the Dells ect you anorak you :lol: Thanks to Andy for another top nite with good people inc KIT,Colin,Dave,Matchie,Rick &Sue,Chris,Les,Gary & Linda the list is endless if i"ve forgot anyone i do apologize..

Malc..(just coming round)

made my regular bi monthly visit last nite, main room well busy , but sorry to say musicly was un inspiring for me.. visited the record bar very busy and a good social gathering with a lot of reqular faces...... most of my time was spent in the Willingham suit. top notch music with the added bonus of a break from the soul side with an hour n a bit of reggae ska and blue beat (welcome change) Would be great if some of these DJ were given the chance of playing some of their wears in the main room (really and truly, these sounds could well be future biggies given the chance in a main room).. the only down side to this room imvho, is there is no decent dance floor as such, isnt it about time someone provided a safe and useable dance floor not a few squares taped toghether(thought the music well compensates for this) but can get a little claustraphobic.. on the whole the complete package is well worth the 12 otd price, and i do appreciate the time trouble that goes into planning this event... on the whole a thumbs up for this venue

Guest malc1

Good nite, good turnout, but a bit of a unispiring nite musicaly. Class records from Sam, but tiring of hearing them now. Same with a lot of the playlists. I know it's hard, and tunes are expensive, but even Joseph Webster, Elipsis, Mixed Feelings etc are getting a bit tired. Doesn't help that one can hear stuff like this at the click of a mouse anytime! Don't know the answer to this really, short of binning all my MP4's! :P Resorted to the usual "Celebrity lookie-likee" spotting. No Harry Worth this time, but he was amply replaced by:

A/ Jimmy Clitheroe

No female lookielikees, altho' Richard claims to have seen Hilda Baker, the sighting was unconfirmed!

Rules:

:yes:

Class records from Sam, but tiring of hearing them now. Same with a lot of the playlists. I know it's hard, and tunes are expensive, but even Joseph Webster

yes but look how it packed the floor its still a top sound from Sam and everyone loves it i know i do as i had to run down from the record bar to get on the floor when it was played, just my opionion.

Malc

made my regular bi monthly visit last nite, main room well busy , but sorry to say musicly was un inspiring for me.. visited the record bar very busy and a good social gathering with a lot of reqular faces...... most of my time was spent in the Willingham suit. top notch music with the added bonus of a break from the soul side with an hour n a bit of reggae ska and blue beat (welcome change) Would be great if some of these DJ were given the chance of playing some of their wears in the main room (really and truly, these sounds could well be future biggies given the chance in a main room).. the only down side to this room imvho, is there is no decent dance floor as such, isnt it about time someone provided a safe and useable dance floor not a few squares taped toghether(thought the music well compensates for this) but can get a little claustraphobic.. on the whole the complete package is well worth the 12 otd price, and i do appreciate the time trouble that goes into planning this event... on the whole a thumbs up for this venue

I'D LIKE TO ECHO THOSE SENTIMENTS KEV.....GREAT NIGHT..NEVER TALKED SO BLEEDIN MUCH MUST BE THAT IRISH CIDER :P BIG HAND FOR MIKE WARBURTONS BLUEBEAT & SKA SET !!! ALWAYS TOP SOUNDS IN THE WILLINGHAM SUITE BUT HAVE TO SAY THE QUALITY ON OFFER DESERVES A PROPER ROOM WITH A REAL DANCE-FLOOR IT'S ALL A BIT MAKESHIFT AND HATS OFF TO CARL & MARIA FOR GRINNING AND BEARING WITH IT...IT'S NOT JUST A QUESTION OF A REAL DANCE FLOOR SUCH IS THE BUZZ ABOUT THIS INTEGRAL PART OF THE WHOLE MIDDLETON EXPERIENCE THAT IT DESREVES TO BE ON AN EQUAL FOOTING WITH THE OTHER ROOMS...FACILITY WISE!!!! ..........RIGHT THAT'S MY WHINGE OVER........... I HAD A TOP TIME AS ALWAYS.....SAM, FLANNY AND NICK TOP SETS......DIDN'T CATCH EVERYONE AS I WAS BUZZING ABOUT.......THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE IT A BRILL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M :yes:

I'D LIKE TO ECHO THOSE SENTIMENTS KEV.....GREAT NIGHT..NEVER TALKED SO BLEEDIN MUCH MUST BE THAT IRISH CIDER
:P
BIG HAND FOR MIKE WARBURTONS BLUEBEAT & SKA SET !!! ALWAYS TOP SOUNDS IN THE WILLINGHAM SUITE BUT HAVE TO SAY THE QUALITY ON OFFER DESERVES A PROPER ROOM WITH A REAL DANCE-FLOOR IT'S ALL A BIT MAKESHIFT AND HATS OFF TO CARL & MARIA FOR GRINNING AND BEARING WITH IT...IT'S NOT JUST A QUESTION OF A REAL DANCE FLOOR SUCH IS THE BUZZ ABOUT THIS INTEGRAL PART OF THE WHOLE MIDDLETON EXPERIENCE THAT IT DESREVES TO BE ON AN EQUAL FOOTING WITH THE OTHER ROOMS...FACILITY WISE!!!! ..........RIGHT THAT'S MY WHINGE OVER........... I HAD A TOP TIME AS ALWAYS.....SAM, FLANNY AND NICK TOP SETS......DIDN'T CATCH EVERYONE AS I WAS BUZZING ABOUT.......THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE IT A BRILL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CPTN M
:yes:

Great to see you last night. Sorry CARLOS was not there, hope to catch up with you both soon, and thanks to every one I havent seen for a long time, coming up to me and say hello and all that, and meating new people as well.

Had a great time hope to get there again soon.

Annie
:P:D:D

Edited by asboannie

As usual... spent most of my time in Carl and Maria's room.

As a girl who just has to dance when she hears good music... the strips of whatever it is that gets gaffer taped together is far from good enough.

It would cost next to nothing.. and take very little effort.. to get the wood to cover the back half of that room... giving the people who enjoy the music that gets played in there something decent to dance on.

Anyway... as always big thanks to.. Carl and Maria for not barring us.. all DJ's for the great tunes... and everyone for the fab company.

Dave... great meeting you at last.. & to the lad who played the Admirations on Paree :P

ps: Chris... where did you go... turned the car round and you'd disappeared.

glad its not only me thgat finds the dance floor hard work!!!!!

Dave... great meeting you at last.. & to the lad who played the Admirations on Paree :P

top tune took me a little while to get one now, it seems to be gathering momentum...

nice to see you there joan didnt see your better half though.....

munchkin

it doesnt look like anybody liked what i played but here they are anyway :P

4.30 till 5.30

roy lee johnson-boogaloo n03

the incredibles-miss treatment

frederick hymes-time aint gonna do me no favours

the dynamites-frenchy the tickler

lil gray -are you foolin

the divines-i gotta make it

the regents-what you gonna do

sammy campbell-i never thought

harvey averne-never learnt to dance

roy smith-very strong on you

the tyn tymes-baby i love you

bobby wells-be's that way sometimes

willie and the mighty magnificents-check it baby

honey and the bee's-dynamite exploded

the servicemen-sweet magic

voices inc-thinkin

the dynamic 3-she said yeah

larry wright-sweet sweet kisses

bob collins-my one and only girl

new wanderers-aint gonna do you no harm

the jokers-the soul sound

lou pride-youre love is fading

joe valantine-i lost the only love i ever had

don and ron- i'm so sorry

larry wright-its ok with me

as always top night its a credit to mr mcabe

it doesnt look like anybody liked what i played but here they are anyway sad.gif

4.30 till 5.30

lil gray -are you foolin

voices inc-thinkin

I WAS DANCING JOHN SO THUMDS UP HERE :D

John you played to a packed dance floor as did all the main room djs who were all spot on last night,we will never please everyone but out of the 600 that turned up im pretty sure most had a great nite.Most of the complaints we get come from a handfull of people out of carl and marias room,i understand the frustration but the facts are we were let down with a hired dance floor we dont have a bigger room to give them and they choose that room themselves.Im pretty sure everyone knows there is a new civic being built which will be ready next year so that will sort out all the problems.I would like to thank all the djs, the backbeat boys, carl and maria,bob and the civic staff ,and all those who travel from all parts of the uk for all your help and support in makeing middleton a great nite out.Next niter is july 14th with main room guests neil rushton and dave rimmer, special guest in carls room will be a dance floor.As ive said the new civic will be open next year and we have secured dates till 2009 so we hope those that enjoy middleton for what it is continue to support us,and to those that we dont quite come up to scratch for im sure there is a venue somewhere worthy of your support.

As usual... spent most of my time in Carl and Maria's room.

As a girl who just has to dance when she hears good music... the strips of whatever it is that gets gaffer taped together is far from good enough.

It would cost next to nothing.. and take very little effort.. to get the wood to cover the back half of that room... giving the people who enjoy the music that gets played in there something decent to dance on.

Anyway... as always big thanks to.. Carl and Maria for not barring us.. all DJ's for the great tunes... and everyone for the fab company.

Dave... great meeting you at last.. & to the lad who played the Admirations on Paree :D

ps: Chris... where did you go... turned the car round and you'd disappeared.

I WAS KIDNAPPED BY ALIENS !

What a brilliant night,cant say much about the main room,but did hear the comment of un-inspiring

from a few folk,but there again the floor was always packed :D .My time was spent in the dungeon or backbeat room,first of all a big cheer for my Friend Vic and her debut in the backbeat room,she played

blinding uptempo spot,that would have had the floor packed if she had been on later in the evening,they

all have to start somewhere,but she played Ray charles (just about to loose your clown)..dear lord in heaven...what a record !!as i have not heard this played anywhere before....my night was made,so thanks Vic biggrin.gif xxx.......the rest of the night just went by so quick....a fantastic full and busy backbeat dance floor most of the night,and the added bonus of Mike Warburton doing a Ska hour upstairs..fantastic...fantastic...fantastic....roll on the next...a wonderful night spent with wonderful friends.. tongue.gif

John you played to a packed dance floor as did all the main room djs who were all spot on last night,we will never please everyone but out of the 600 that turned up im pretty sure most had a great nite.Most of the complaints we get come from a handfull of people out of carl and marias room,i understand the frustration but the facts are we were let down with a hired dance floor we dont have a bigger room to give them and they choose that room themselves.Im pretty sure everyone knows there is a new civic being built which will be ready next year so that will sort out all the problems.I would like to thank all the djs, the backbeat boys, carl and maria,bob and the civic staff ,and all those who travel from all parts of the uk for all your help and support in makeing middleton a great nite out.Next niter is july 14th with main room guests neil rushton and dave rimmer, special guest in carls room will be a dance floor.As ive said the new civic will be open next year and we have secured dates till 2009 so we hope those that enjoy middleton for what it is continue to support us,and to those that we dont quite come up to scratch for im sure there is a venue somewhere worthy of your support.

Yeah I agree that the New Centre should solve that problem, I personally realise you have to work with what you've got and I had a great night myself which i've already stated ..i realise you must be frustrated at being let down with the floor-hire and look forward to the New Centre sorting out the few problems, and they are a few so let's not turn this into more than it is, no venue is perfect but can't talk for anyone else but i just voiced my opinion it wasn't a personal attack.Oh and did i say i had a GREAT NIGHT!!! which i did so Many Thanks to all involved !!!!!!!!!!!! CHRIS :D

Just recovering....Reggie and Rich, the worst decision makers ever..how to recover from 4 weeks of sleepless nights with a newborn?...go to an all-niter :D Had a jolly good time though, didn't like all the music but we can't all like everything can we..plus if Sam's on I'm happy! Loved Ike Strong from him thumbsup.gif probably not a good idea to dance to 3 Sam records on the bounce 4 weeks after childbirth tho ph34r.gif

Caught up with lots of folk we hadn't seen in yonks and met some new ones!

BTW Andy, are we going to get a modern room at the new venue?

Cheers Reggie

it doesnt look like anybody liked what i played but here they are anyway sad.gif

i loved the first half of your set! just got a bit too disco for me further in...(you know what i'm like!)

had a wonderful night, thanks kev and clare for another BRILLIANT compilation, it's on it's second revolution as i type :D

lovely to meet so many more people, especially in the RnB room, cant wait to see you all again xxx

i felt like most other people in that the main room didnt really get going, a bit of a let down. it needed a dj to play a whole set of uptempo 60s soul to get everyone sweating - although that wasnt a problem for most!

on a serious note, i heard that dave rimmer suffered a terrible hand injury after some misadventure at the bar, which may put him out of the scene for a few months...(!) shades.gif dave, i cried into my pint when i heard you WERNT djing saturday night. i hope your wounds heal soon (!!!!!) x

look forward to seeing everyone again at soul revolution this weekend.....

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Good nite, good turnout, but a bit of a unispiring nite musicaly. Class records from Sam, but tiring of hearing them now. Same with a lot of the playlists. I know it's hard, and tunes are expensive, but even Joseph Webster, Elipsis, Mixed Feelings etc are getting a bit tired. Doesn't help that one can hear stuff like this at the click of a mouse anytime! Don't know the answer to this really, short of binning all my MP4's! laugh.gif Resorted to the usual "Celebrity lookie-likee" spotting. No Harry Worth this time, but he was amply replaced by:

A/ Jimmy Clitheroe

Rules:

laugh.gif

Harry Worth was there ! Spot and I saw him in the Car park after.Nice to discover you are a fellow horoligist Trev :D

Guest Trevski

In no way am I critisizing Middleton, just my oppinion, which may or may not be shared. It's a great, well attended niter, at a fine venue with all the facilities. I just think that at such a well attended venue the DJ's have a great oppertunity to break one or two new things. As others have mentioned , tunes played in Carl & Maria's room have the potential to be huge if opened up to the main room. Perhaps some tunes will 'break out' into the main hall and go on to be biggies. Main hall dance floor full all night, so the dancers got what they wanted, and that's what its all about, but newer tunes take time, these days, and you have to risk thinning the floor with something you have faith in, 'til it becomes known and fills the floor. John Weston, I liked your set! (can I have an mp3 of Sammy Campbell and Scott brothers?) you try a few different things, and mix 'em in to keep the floor busy. Maybe I was just having an off nite, my old fellas about to pop his clogs, so maybe I wasn't as up for it as usual, and didn't get the lift I needed, under the circumstances. Look forward to the next one tho' :D

My first time at Middleton, thanks to Carl & Maria for inviting Solid Hit Soul to play & for the kind comments from various people.

Big hello to Joan, great to meet you at last :(

I feel a tad fragile today arriving home at 4.30 sunday afternoon having been awake since 8.30 saturday morning, shattered, starving, a strange banging noise inside my head but had a great night, met lots of nice people, thanks all for a great night :thumbsup:

Dave

My first time at Middleton, thanks to Carl & Maria for inviting Solid Hit Soul to play & for the kind comments from various people.

I feel a tad fragile today arriving home at 4.30 sunday afternoon having been awake since 8.30 saturday morning, shattered, starving, a strange banging noise inside my head but had a great night, met lots of nice people, thanks all for a great night :thumbsup:

Dave

You want me to believe that you didn't fall asleep at 3.30am in the venue.......must be a first. :sleep3:

M

You want me to believe that you didn't fall asleep at 3.30am in the venue.......must be a first. :sleep3:

M

Some people may have wished i had..............................i was dJing at the time :thumbsup:

it was one of those nights Martin :( anyway I don't always fall asleep, up until the mid 80s when I was almost young I could do without my 140 winks ........sadly these days as you rightly suggest, I'm usually found dribbling in my bath chair in the corner at 11.59 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave

hear hear, it was a real privilege playing Carl and Maria's room, thanks very much for the invitation and the hospitality. :sleep3:

What a brilliant night,cant say much about the main room,but did hear the comment of un-inspiring

from a few folk,but there again the floor was always packed :thumbsup: .My time was spent in the dungeon or backbeat room,first of all a big cheer for my Friend Vic and her debut in the backbeat room,she played

blinding uptempo spot,that would have had the floor packed if she had been on later in the evening,they

all have to start somewhere,but she played Ray charles (just about to loose your clown)..dear lord in heaven...what a record !!as i have not heard this played anywhere before....my night was made,so thanks Vic :thumbsup: xxx.......the rest of the night just went by so quick....a fantastic full and busy backbeat dance floor most of the night,and the added bonus of Mike Warburton doing a Ska hour upstairs..fantastic...fantastic...fantastic....roll on the next...a wonderful night spent with wonderful friends.. :sleep3:

Hiya StevieT,

good seein ya again. Re. the Ray Charles tune, you should get to No More Doggin more, Kev C has played it loads of times :(

Had a brilliant time at Middleton, the RnB room was excellent, loved all the music played, in particular Nashee's, Merv's and Hoss' spots.

Nice to meet Ezzie as well. Will definitely be at the next one.

Perdita

it doesnt look like anybody liked what i played but here they are anyway :thumbsup:

Oi Oi John,

Quality as per usual although you did make me late home as I didn't want to miss any of your spot. I came back from Cornwall early so as not to miss the night and it was well worth the drive even if when I called at home to drop Margaret off I was tempted to stay home and play all the stuff that had been delivered while I was away. I made the right choice anyway. John I was just suprised you were on so late and yet still fully coherent :( .

Surely you can't tell me you think that whatever it is you put down as a dance floor in that small room is suitable?

Also seems to me like you are saying... if i don't like it.. lump it?

Just as well i don't go to niters for you then isn't it.

Looking forward to the dance floor immensely :(

[quote name='Trevski' date='May 20 2007, 05:20 PM'

No female lookielikees, altho' Richard claims to have seen Hilda Baker, the sighting was unconfirmed

Trev, that's not the half of it.....I swear I saw that Robin Whothisname off "One Man & his Dog", complete with wax jacket, in the Backbeat Room :thumbsup: Must have been something I ate...... :(

Great atmosphere in the main room ......seems lots of folks brought their dancing shoes - must admit that with all the confetti on the floor, expected to hear "Band of Gold" or "Jimmy Mack" at least once! Good to see Mr Cato, Lydia, Olaf, Reg & Richard as soon as I walked in the main hall, and nice to meet Helen (Norwichdancer) for the first time.

been to nearly all of the do`s at middleton since you took over andy(never went before, it didnt offer enough variation), and have in my own way enjoyed them all, one critisisum is the dance floor in the willingham suit isnt a dance floor, it is down right dangerous, you seem to have been let down badly for the last 3 events maybe next time you will be luckier... At the moment there isnt anywere offering as good a all round package as you offer so thats why most people go... i did give it a thumbs up and offered more than one complement........

it doesnt look like anybody liked what i played but here they are anyway :(

4.30 till 5.30

lil gray -are you foolin

voices inc-thinkin

f...... top set of tunes john thats why you get the bookings you deserve.........

Hi Flanny here on mike cogs computer, just recovered from Saturday :thumbsup:

so thought i'd post my uninspired playlist that made a few hundred dancers happy

and a few chin strokers not so happy. I'M NOT being big headed but could have played an hour

of semi knowns /unknowns / that would of pleased a few people but pissed of the majority. it has to be said that people who have payed £12 want to be entertained, imagine being a comedian and no one laughing at your jokes it would be a very lonely place on that stage (TAXI FOR BRIAN)

also I think there is something for everyone at Middleton during the course of the night

you have got to go a long way back to witness atmosphere like it, the majority went home happy.

What I Played PLEASE dont muller me some were requests and if its in the box ITS ON. :sleep3:

thats what i'm payed to do :thumbsup:

FOUR PROS - JUST ANOTHER GIRL

VANGUARD - GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES

WINSTONS - AIN'T NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE LOVIN'

VONTASTICS - NEVER LET YOUR LOVE GROW COLD

LUCKY LAWS - WHO IS SHE

RONNIE McNEIR - ISN'T SHE A PRETTY GIRL

TEMPESTS - SOMEDAY

INSIGHTS - I NEED YOUR LONELINESS

INCREDIBLES - I CAN'T GET OVER LOSING YOUR LOVE

FRED HUGHES - DONT LET ME DOWN

JACKEY BEAVERS - LOVE THAT NEVER GROWS COLD

DEBONAIRS - HEADACHE IN MY HEART

BALLADS - I CAN'T SEE YOUR LOVE PT 2

DEL-LARKS - JOB OPENING

WILLIE GAUFF & THE LOVE BROS - EVERYBODY NEEDS LOVE

PARISIANS - TWINKLE LITTLE STAR

JAMO THOMAS - I'LL BE YOUR FOOL

ASTORS - MORE POWER TO YOU

PERK LEE - THE DOCKS

SHIRLEY LAWSON - ONE MORE CHANCE

AND ONE I NEVER PLAYED GIA MATTEO :( THINK ABOUT IT.

Hi Flanny here on mike cogs computer, just recovered from Saturday :sleep3:

so thought i'd post my uninspired playlist that made a few hundred dancers happy

and a few chin strokers not so happy. I'M NOT being big headed but could have played an hour

of semi knowns /unknowns / that would of pleased a few people but pissed of the majority. it has to be said that people who have payed £12 want to be entertained, imagine being a comedian and no one laughing at your jokes it would be a very lonely place on that stage (TAXI FOR BRIAN)

also I think there is something for everyone at Middleton during the course of the night

you have got to go a long way back to witness atmosphere like it, the majority went home happy.

AND ONE I NEVER PLAYED GIA MATTEO :( THINK ABOUT IT.

Well said Flanny, excellent spot IMO. :thumbsup:

Guest clanger v2

FOUR PROS - JUST ANOTHER GIRL

I apologise to whoever I was talking to when this one came on......I didn't even have time to make my excuses and leave, I just ran onto the dancefloor...then stayed there for the best part of an hour :ohmy:

I had another great night at Middleton.....I told Andy on the night, it really is worth the journey up there. There's no better niter on in the country IMHO.

Didn't get there until 2.00, and thought all the DJs were spot on with their sets....something for everyone, and the fullness of the dancefloor pays testimony to how much everyone was enjoying themselves.

A mention to Nick Hackett for an excellent set at 5.30......heard some great things about his sets, but this was the first time I had experienced one in the flesh (so to speak!), and it lived up to all expectations.

Right up my Strasse (as our German friends would say!)

Looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

imagine being a comedian and no one laughing at your jokes it would be a very lonely place on that stage (TAXI FOR BRIAN) also I think there is something for everyone at Middleton during the course of the night you have got to go a long way back to witness atmosphere like it, the majority went home happy.

What I Played PLEASE dont muller me some were requests and if its in the box ITS ON. :unsure:

thats what i'm payed to do :thumbsup:

AND ONE I NEVER PLAYED GIA MATTEO :ohmy: THINK ABOUT IT.

Very gauche Flanny but absolutely right. Thought your set was great and well balanced to satisfy Soulies of all persuasions (musically speaking).

As for Gia Matteo, I hope posters on this thread act on your suggestion m8.

ATB,

Neil Jones

Thats was one of those weekends that didn't seem anywhere near long enough to fit in everything that was going on - still feeling knackered today!

After a busy night at Bury on Friday, all hands to the pumps for the Middleton 2nd Anniversary and, having arrived prior to doors opening, it was obvious from the number of folk waiting to get in that it was set to be a BIG night and my suspicions were happily confirmed - a cracking night on every level.

Not only did I have the chance to play a 10:30 set, but I was also given the distinct priviledge of wishing a (combined!!!) happy 130th birthday to 3 great girls - Stef, Jan Cog and Claire from Goole - AND get a kiss from each. Good work if you can get it!!! :thumbsup:

Always great to play at Middleton and good to have the chance to mix in a handful of lesser played sides and still get a great reaction from the dancers. In no particular order, here's what I played.

L'il Major Williams - Girl (you're so sweet)

Naked Checks - Over & Over (c/u)

Johnnie Howard - The Chase Is On

Barbara Carr - My Mama Told Me

Bob Brady - Goodbye Baby

Al Gardner - Sweet Baby

Harrison Brothers - Run For Your Life

Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit, Don't Force It

Bobettes - Havin' Fun

Leo Price - Lucky Lady (c/u?)

Little Jewell - I Want To

J.B.Troy - Live On

Turley Richards - I Feel Alright

The Kingsmen - Hey Joe Where You Goin'?

L'il Major Williams - Girl Don't Leave Me

Delegates Of Soul - Running Back

Continental Showstoppers - We're Not Too Young

Frank & James - How Long Is Forever

Little Richie - Just Another Heartache

Jimmy Seals - Yesterday Of Our Love

Candy & The Kisses - Let's Live It Up (c/u?)

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me

Gene Toones - What More Do You Want

September Jones - I'm Coming Home

Hopefully something to please most people in there and big thanks to all who danced and appeared to enjoy it.

See ya there next time

Neil Jones :ohmy:

Edited by burysoul

Saw some one mention a fourth room in the new civic hall for a modern room, just thought i would pass a little view if there is the chance of it happening when they move house.

The night Andy was involved in last week saw a soulful dance/house/garage room i thought this was a great addition, maybe it could benifit if there is a chance of another room in the new venue. thought it was great at Hednesford nighter in there :ohmy:

I've not been to middleton for some time (make no excusses just being lazy i guess :thumbsup: ) but some times the main room can get a bit samey, But and its a very big but, thats what the other rooms are for, if you cant find any thing else to your likeing in any of them your a god dam hard person to please tongue.gif thats the beauty of the place summin for every one :unsure:

I wish to echo Dave and Martin's sentiments, as I thoroughly enjoyed playing my set in the Carl Willingham suite - a real privilege!

Thanks to all of you there who supported us, simply by being there! Also big thanks to Carl and Maria for having us there to have the pleasure of spinning our sounds for you. Sorry this message has taken so long in the making, but I'm finally in the land of the living after the weekend!

Joan - I was the 'lad' who played The Admirations on Paree - glad you liked!! :ohmy:

Gene

Edited by Gene-R

I,m not going to make any more of this than needs,but i know the problem in carls room and it will be

addressed.I wish it was as easy as everyone thinks but sadly we will never please everyone so we will concentrate on pleasing the majority which i think we do.Chris and trevski your opinions have been noted and are valued as is everyones who attends,and joan we will never see eye to eye on anything and i certainly didnt for a second think you attended for me,but let me ashore everyone carl and marias room is just as important to me as the other two rooms.

Edited by Soultown andy

We do have plans to add a fourth room baz as for the samesy bit you hit the nail on the head,WE HAVE 3 ROOMS THAT ARE ALL DIFFERENT. And when all is said and done in these times when clubs are falling by the wayside every week our numbers are still riseing so must be doing somethin right.

Edited by Soultown andy

We had a great night at Middleton,always do.Love the place.Tune of the night for me was LARRY WRIGHT..ITS OK WITH ME..bloody awesome John Weston.Great to see so many friends old and new.Many thanks for your support and kind comments.Heres my tunes

5.30-6.30

JOHNNY RODGERS..MAKE A CHANGE..AMON

BOBBY WOMMACK..FIND ME SOMEBODY..ATLANTIC

LONNIE BROOKS..DEMONSTRATING..CHIRRUP

OHIO PLAYERS..YOU DONT MEAN IT..COMPASS

PATTI AUSTIN..IVE GIVEN ALL MY LOVE...CORAL

EJ & the ECHOES..TREAT ME RIGHT..DIAMOND JIM RECORDING

LEON HAYWOOD..AINT NO USE..FAT FISH

HOLLIDAYS..I LOST YOU..GROOVE CITY

INTRUDERS..YOU BETTER CHECK YOURSELF..GAMBLE

LEE SHOT WILLIAMS..LOVE NOW PAY LATER..GAMMA

PROFESSIONALS..THATS WHY I LOVE YOU..GROOVE CITY

WEST COAST DISTRIBUTORS..GIRL I LOVE YOU..JAM CHA

VOLUMES..AINT GONNA GIVE YOU UP..KAREN (for Steve and Lydia)

PRESTON PETERS..YOU CANT MEASURE YOUR LOVE..MM ENTERPRISES

TRIUMPHS..IM COMING TO YOUR RESCUE..OKEH (for Martin Pitts younglegs)

DON VARNER..TEAR STAINED FACE..QUINVY

CHUCK BRIDGES..DONT YOU MAKE ME CRY..SCOOP

JAYWALKERS..CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU..SHIO

ROBERT REDTOP YOUNG..YOUR FUTURE..SOULSATIONS

RENEE PERRI..I AIM TO PLEASE..SOULVILLE

RICHIE BARRETT..I WILL LOVE YOU..SWAN

LENA & DELTANETTES..TURN AROUND BABY..UPTOWN

WILLAM HUNT..WOULD YOU BELIEVE..STREAMSIDE.

cheers nick

I,m not going to make any more of this than needs,but i know the problem in carls room and it will be

addressed.I wish it was as easy as everyone thinks but sadly we will never please everyone so we will concentrate on pleasing the majority which i think we do.Chris and trevski your opinions have been noted and are valued as is everyones who attends,and joan we will never see eye to eye on anything and i certainly didnt for a second think you attended for me,but let me ashore everyone carl and marias room is just as important to me as the other two rooms.

I disagree :huh:

I never said anything negative at all about the night Andy... except for my comments about that dancefloor.

But then again... i don't think it's unreasonable as a paying customer to expect to be able to dance on a dancefloor at a dance venue.

I am sure nothing will go wrong with the floor hire company next time Andy... and i'm sure i speak for all of us small room lovers when i say i'm looking forward to dancing on it :wicked:

LATE EDITION, READ ALL ABOUT IT!! shout.gif

THE MIDDLETON ANNIVERSARY WALTZ FOR 2.

Sorry it`s late but I`ve been waiting for a few comments on the board first. Is it really 2 years Andy since I first got utterly lost in the array of car parks looking for the entrance. Read your comments about rooms etc & agree, so bring on the New Civic building. This IMVHO is the best allround niter in the UK & WE love it, like the old ad says " Murray mints, Murray mints, too good to hurry mints", so savour & enjoy. :yes:

Anyway across the M62 early doors to party with "Big Mac" @ M.C. outside capitol "M" of Lanc`s, 8.30 girls invade venue to sort tables for Birthday girls; Claire, Steph, Jan & Wendy, 3 of whom looked like "The Beverley Sisters" when invited on stage by "The Jones" for cake & a blow job (candles!! you dirty people). We gents in Withers partaking of a few cheap bottles till 9.30 when we decide to gain entry to the party, with a smile from Helena & a scowl (smile really) from "Dangerous Dolly Door person" :P

Main room already busy & our table full to burting with prezzies & people; Me & Gail, Gary/Claire, Col/Michelle, Dave Rivers/Steph, Steve/Karen, Mark/Bev, Tracy, Flanny/Deb, Mike/Jan, Dave/ Sharon, throughout the night more entered the fray including; Sandy, KarenC, Billy, Jill, Big Ian, Col/Shirley Woods, Martin/Lynn Bird, Lynsey, Shane & Vonny, Stan/Christine & Joe, Martin Stanley & Notts Dave, Karl/Kate, Smiggy, Mick/Mo, Roger/Jen (forgive me, wasn`t taking P), Dunc/Jan (Happy Ann),Lionel/Maria, Patto, Dale, Doug, Ginger & Billy & a cast of 1000`s (ok, 100`s). Just so many friends & so little time to be friendly. :wicked:

So collect change from £20 off Gail & to the bar, where upon purchasing my beverage I was treat to the noxious whiff off a guy with a trouser full of septic tank gas!! Drain & rods sprang immediately to mind, my god it was rancid. You know who you are & me & your 2 mates certainly do, you should be ashamed it almost made grown men cry & you were very lucky it didn`t end up a trouser tortoise!!!! :shades:blush.gif

After recuperation & lung massage I ventured to check other rooms, R&B room was busy & even liked a couple of tunes, which is unusual for me (must be like eating veg, your tastes alter with age?) Carl & Maria`s was playing excellent sounds but as you know floors too small for me ( NO it`s not a complaint).

Back to our table in main room where Disco Dave Rivers has treat us to the BIGGEST PARTY POPPER in Britain & our corner looks like David Bowie & Gary Glitters stage costumes from the early 70`s have imploded above our heads. But if it makes him happy who am I to argue?? :huh:

Thought the Dj`ing was as good as ever & yes Sam was a little predictable but what tunes to be predictable with !! Bob Hinsley played an excellent early spot (got me on the floor), Carl Fortnum the best spot for a while & there all good, Neil " Wiggle & Jiggle" Jones was varied enough to please everyone me thinks?, Nick Hackett second time up & bang on the money, till he tried death by "Triumphs" on me ( serves me right for using his shower & gel @ Prestatyn, by the way lovely to see Hannah again) Now listen John Boy Weston & The Flan Man don`t take the comments to heart, we still love you both & with tracks like Bobby Wells & Ronnie McNair you pass muster with me OK? Finally the " Todmorden Terror", The Leg Iron that is Ginger who carried on where he left off at Cleethorpes, EXCELLENT. Well done all & no doubt we`ll be back for more. :thumbsup:

So that was the end of 10 hours + of Dancing, Drinking & Debauchery. So thanks Andy & here`s to the next 2 years+. What must those ordinary mortals think of us fools cavorting all night every week? Who gives a S**TE it`s Great ain`t it??

Final word for my very good friend Patto from me & Shirley. Please, Please don`t go vampire hunting prior to a nighter m8. Think about it? (Xtra strong mints) :shhh:

Till next time, Take care & be safe,

Spot. :D

Guest Neil Taylor

We had a great night at Middleton,always do.Love the place.Tune of the night for me was LARRY WRIGHT..ITS OK WITH ME..bloody awesome John Weston.Great to see so many friends old and new.Many thanks for your support and kind comments.Heres my tunes

5.30-6.30

JOHNNY RODGERS..MAKE A CHANGE..AMON

BOBBY WOMMACK..FIND ME SOMEBODY..ATLANTIC

LONNIE BROOKS..DEMONSTRATING..CHIRRUP

OHIO PLAYERS..YOU DONT MEAN IT..COMPASS

PATTI AUSTIN..IVE GIVEN ALL MY LOVE...CORAL

EJ & the ECHOES..TREAT ME RIGHT..DIAMOND JIM RECORDING

LEON HAYWOOD..AINT NO USE..FAT FISH

HOLLIDAYS..I LOST YOU..GROOVE CITY

INTRUDERS..YOU BETTER CHECK YOURSELF..GAMBLE

LEE SHOT WILLIAMS..LOVE NOW PAY LATER..GAMMA

PROFESSIONALS..THATS WHY I LOVE YOU..GROOVE CITY

WEST COAST DISTRIBUTORS..GIRL I LOVE YOU..JAM CHA

VOLUMES..AINT GONNA GIVE YOU UP..KAREN (for Steve and Lydia)

PRESTON PETERS..YOU CANT MEASURE YOUR LOVE..MM ENTERPRISES

TRIUMPHS..IM COMING TO YOUR RESCUE..OKEH (for Martin Pitts younglegs)

DON VARNER..TEAR STAINED FACE..QUINVY

CHUCK BRIDGES..DONT YOU MAKE ME CRY..SCOOP

JAYWALKERS..CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU..SHIO

ROBERT REDTOP YOUNG..YOUR FUTURE..SOULSATIONS

RENEE PERRI..I AIM TO PLEASE..SOULVILLE

RICHIE BARRETT..I WILL LOVE YOU..SWAN

LENA & DELTANETTES..TURN AROUND BABY..UPTOWN

WILLAM HUNT..WOULD YOU BELIEVE..STREAMSIDE.

cheers nick

Now thats an imaginative,and well put together set of tunes....how did the Lonnie Brooks track go down mate.

Neil