The Connaught Hotel 1st Anniversary

Our 1st Anniversary Soul and Motown night will be held in the lovely main ballroom at The Connaught Hotel , Tettenhall Road Wolverhampton ( main A41) which is just 5 minutes from the City centre on Friday 1st of June running from 8pm till 1am. Admission is £5.00.

Resident D'js are Phil Richards , Hitsville Chalky and Craig Westwood.

Special guest for the night is Wulfie.

Music policy is totally across the the board in this superb luxury refined venue which since its recent muli million pound upgrade is one of The West Midlands premier venues with a huge sprung wooden dancefloor.

Record dealers are welcome.

www.the44soulclub.co.uk

https://www.freewebs.com/detroitsouluk

https://www.soul-seek.co.uk

Edited by craig W
  • Replies 53
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Phil Richards

Our 1st Anniversary Soul and Motown night will be held in the lovely main ballroom at The Connaught Hotel , Tettenhall Road Wolverhampton ( main A41) which is just 5 minutes from the City centre on Friday 1st of June running from 8pm till 1am. Admission is £5.00.

Resident D'js are Phil Richards , Hitsville Chalky and Craig Westwood.

Special guest for the night is Wulfie.

Music policy is totally across the the board in this superb luxury refined venue which since its recent muli million pound upgrade is one of The West Midlands premier venues with a huge sprung wooden dancefloor.

Record dealers are welcome.

www.the44soulclub.co.uk

https://www.freewebs.com/detroitsouluk

https://www.soul-seek.co.uk

Don't forget the dancing competition. :P

Really looking forward to the 1st anniversary, plus i have been contacted by some old soulies and very good friends, that i used to know from years ago who are coming along to celerbrate the anniversary with us. :shades:

This will be the first time in many years that they have attended a soul night, so i'm really looking forward to seeing them again.

Looks like a cracking good night again. :( :dance:

Guest Suzy

Hi All,

Looking forward to this 1st anniversary night!! :ohmy:

Especially with a lot of people coming who hav'nt been to a soul night for years. (wait till they see the room and the dancefloor) !WOW! :dance:

be great to see our good friends.... old and new. :P

Really enjoyed the last Connaught but then again I always do, great people running it with a friendly welcome, and great atmosphere. What more could you ask for.!!

see you all there. :lol:

Suzy XX

Guest Phil Richards

Yes and I've got some great new tunes to play thumbsup.gif

Your turn for the dancing comp prize Phil :shades:

I have someting new to play as well :rolleyes:

I have someting new to play as well :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS GUYS :shades:

THE RIVERSIDE,SYMONDS YAT (WEST) SAT JUNE 9TH -8PM-2AM DJS SEAN MORGAN,HITSVILLE CHALKY,JOHN BARKER AND WAZZ

JULY SPECIAL GUEST PADDY GRADY(NORTHAMPTON WEEKENDER & NORTHERN SOUL RADIO

www.morgansoulnights.piczo.com rolleyes.gif

Would also like to give a quick mention to the Junction 2 Alldayer this coming Sunday 27th May at The Birchley Social Club ,Brunel Road Olbury (2 minutes from Junction 2 M5 motorway) where me Phil and Chalky are doing Dj spots along with The Elgins and Chuck from The Contours who will be performing live on stage.

It runs from 2pm till 12.30am and admission is £10.00. Should be a fantastic day.

Edited by craig W
Guest Wulfie

Would also like to give a quick mention to the Junction 2 Alldayer this coming Sunday 27th May at The Birchley Social Club ,Brunel Road Olbury (2 minutes from Junction 2 M5 motorway) where me Phil and Chalky are doing Dj spots along with The Elgins and Chuck from The Contours who will be performing live on stage.

It runs from 2pm till 12.30am and admission is £10.00. Should be a fantastic day.

Can't wait for both the All Dayer on the Sunday and the Connaught next Friday mate,

Think I'm even gonna be able to drag my sister ( who ain't been to a soul do in 30 years ) out to both too, as well as some mates from Yorkshire this weekend

Great line-up and the variety of music should be cracking too - looking forward to seeing Martin and Patch spin a few

Damn shame ( or perhaps a good thing ) there's no nighter local on Saturday mellow.gif

Still, that will leave me more energy for Sunday wooohooooooooooooo :D

cheers

Wulfie

Edited by Wulfie
Guest Phil Richards

Will be a good weekend :thumbsup:

Guest Suzy

Dawn is on weight watchers and is now on a alchahol free diet so no more 12 pints of cider and drunken antics until she slims down to 7 stone. ohmy.gif

Alchahol free diet???? :D

Well all I can say is that Miss Annie-Rexic has done well this week!

But she has'nt mentioned anything to me about an alchahol free anything!! right Annie.? :yes:

see you soon sweetie XX

Guest Phil Richards

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS GUYS :D

THE RIVERSIDE,SYMONDS YAT (WEST) SAT JUNE 9TH -8PM-2AM DJS SEAN MORGAN,HITSVILLE CHALKY,JOHN BARKER AND WAZZ

www.morgansoulnights.piczo.com rolleyes.gif

Thanks m8 see you at The Riverside

Guest Wulfie

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS GUYS thumbsup.gif

www.morgansoulnights.piczo.com :thumbsup:

Sounds interesting - but where the hell is Symonds Yat ?

hmmm and me with a geography O level as well :D

Wulfie

Please please arrive early for this one off event to avoid dissapointment as a massive crowd is anticipated from all indications.

Its a big room with around a 250 capacity which will fill pretty quickly.

The Elgins fronted by Yvonne Vernee plus Chuck from The Contours will be singing live performing all the classics and Yvonne will singing her classic "Just like you did me"

Doors open at 2 PM tomorrow afternoon.

MUST THANK ALL THE DJ'S ......... CRAIG , PHIL , MAX , WOLFIE ,SNOWY , BURNLEY DAVE , MAK ,MARTIN, PATCH ALOT OF COMENTS THAT THIS WENT DOWN WELL, THE ELGIN'S AND CHUCK FROM THE CONTOURS WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL WHO CAME AND SUPPORTED THE ACTS ALONG WITH THE DJs. ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO DJs FOR THE SUPPORT :wicked:

Guest Phil Richards

MUST THANK ALL THE DJ'S ......... CRAIG , PHIL , MAX , WOLFIE ,SNOWY , BURNLEY DAVE , MAK ,MARTIN, PATCH ALOT OF COMENTS THAT THIS WENT DOWN WELL, THE ELGIN'S AND CHUCK FROM THE CONTOURS WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL WHO CAME AND SUPPORTED THE ACTS ALONG WITH THE DJs. ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO DJs FOR THE SUPPORT :thumbsup:

Excellent alldayer m8 roll on friday :sleep3:

Excellent alldayer m8 roll on friday :thumbsup:

Yes totally agree , wonderful performances by the artists , superb sounds from all D'js and anyone who missed this missed one of the events of the last few years. Shows who the real soul fans really are :sleep3:

Great debate after it had finished till about 2am about boots V originals as well :D

Anyway back on topic, hope The Connaught this Friday is even half as good and it will still be a brill night. I'm sure it will.

I'll be selling records again Craig alongside Miffy from Brierly Hill. Need to find out if it's definitely non-smokign though, last time after about 2 hours they told us it was a no smoking hotel!

Who told you it was no smoking Pete??

Shows who the real soul fans really are :thumbsup: - - WELL SAID CRAIG thumbsup.gif ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL YOU I CAN RELY ON FOR YOUR SUPPORT I'VE HAD FEW PHONE CALLS THANKING ME FOR THE EVENT AND ALL THE DJ'S.

THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WITH PHIL , CRAIG , DAWNY , SUE, ITS GOING TO BE ANOTHER CRACKING NIGHT AS ALWAY'S.

Thanks Chalky for allowing me to have a bit of fun, in what was a superb alldayer for Soul music. Great how Yvonne Vernee cut in vocally part way through the record, took a few seconds to realise what was happening. Very good day had by all by the sounds of things. Well done for putting on such a great event.

Sorry I can't make it friday, the wife is away and I have the girls to look after, sure it will be a good nite. I promise we'll come over soon. Look forward to seeing both you and Craig at Warwick.

Best

Dave.

Guest Suzy

I'll have a word with Tim the manager.

You're going to have to put up with it in a few weeks anyway.

WHO GIVES A SHITE ABOUT THE NON SMOKING POLICY ANYWAY. I DON'T AND I SMOKE :sleep3:

SOUL NIGHTS ARE ABOUT THE MUSIC, THE ATMOSPHERE, AND THE PEOPLE YOUR WITH!! :thumbsup:

ROLL ON FRIDAY.... I CAN'T WAIT :dance:

SEE YOU ALL SOON wave.gif

Edited by Suzy

WHO GIVES A SHITE ABOUT THE NON SMOKING POLICY ANYWAY. I DON'T AND I SMOKE :sleep3:

SOUL NIGHTS ARE ABOUT THE MUSIC, THE ATMOSPHERE, AND THE PEOPLE YOUR WITH!! :thumbsup:

ROLL ON FRIDAY.... I CAN'T WAIT :dance:

SEE YOU ALL SOON wave.gif

For f*cks sake, do you have to always have a pop at everything I ever say?

We were sat selling records and a couple of people came up and said how come you're smoking, I think Gary Holimans missus was one of them, and I said what do you mean, and she said they'd been told not to smoke as it was a non smoking hotel. Now if you'd like to address that fine but don't just dismiss it with a 'who gives a shit about smoking' cos I do and so do other people. And as for telling me what soul nights are about...

Edited by Pete-S
Guest Suzy

For f*cks sake, do you have to always have a pop at everything I ever say?

We were sat selling records and a couple of people came up and said how come you're smoking, I think Gary Holimans missus was one of them, and I said what do you mean, and she said they'd been told not to smoke as it was a non smoking hotel. Now if you'd like to address that fine but don't just dismiss it with a 'who gives a shit about smoking' cos I do and so do other people. And as for telling me what soul nights are about...

1ST, I WAS'NT ADDRESSING YOUR POST PETE, IT WAS CRAIGS, EVEN THOUGH YOU STARTED IT!!

2ND, AS FAR AS THE PROMOTERS ARE AWARE YOU CAN SMOKE IN THE MAIN BALLROOM UNTILL THEY ARE TOLD ANY DIFFERENT!

3RD, FROM THE 1ST OF JULY, WHEN THE NATIONAL BAN COMES IN YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SMOKE ANYWAY. SO DOES THIS MEAN THAT PEOPLE WILL STOP GOING TO SOUL VENUES ???

4TH, I HAVE AN OPINION AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT. AND I WILL DISMISS IT.

5TH, I AM A FEMALE AND ENTITLED TO MOAN AT MEN IF I WANT TO. :D XX

SO DOES THIS MEAN THAT PEOPLE WILL STOP GOING TO SOUL VENUES ???

I don't know about stopping but it'll certainly change things I think.

I cannot drink beer without having a cigarette, I just can't. So I'd be like, sell records for 10 minutes, lock the box, run outside for a fag, repeat 20 times during the evening.

I think it'll certainly stop people going to pubs. I won't go to a pub again, whats the point if you can't smoke?

Guest Dawnie

I cannot drink beer without having a cigarette, I just can't. So I'd be like, sell records for 10 minutes, lock the box, run outside for a fag, repeat 20 times during the evening.

I think it'll certainly stop people going to pubs. I won't go to a pub again, whats the point if you can't smoke?

Now then Pete If you are desperate after the smoking ban there will always be a constant supply of nicorette at the Conaught :D ~ I always have a supply due to the fact I've been on it 8 yrs yes thats not a typing error never touched a fag since or wanted to but don't take my gum away :angry: I need it~ plus think of all the excercise running in and out yoou'll be the fittest smoker on the soul scene :D

anyway seeya friday should be a good nite

luv dawniedingle :)

Guest Suzy

I think that you have a good point Pete! and i totally agree with you, in that it will change things for a lot of people.

I have to sit on the door all night at the Connaught, and i won't be able to keep popping outside for a cigarette, but on that note...... myself and Phil's local have already brought the non smoking ban in, we still go and surprisingly it does'nt bother us that much, But it will effect other people and i think that it will definetly effect our public houses. XX

Guest Dawnie

Alchahol free diet???? :)

Well all I can say is that Miss Annie-Rexic has done well this week!

But she has'nt mentioned anything to me about an alchahol free anything!! right Annie.? :P

see you soon sweetie XX

Heeelllloooo Suzy,

Noooo it is not true about alcohol free :no: but sadly I have had to give up sipping my pints of cider :( and have resorted to incy wincy glasses of white wine trouble is they give me a hangover :D but what the heck its great at the time :D ~ looking forward to Friday nite should be a great nite ~ Hopefully another few pounds lighter

luv dawnie dingle :lol: xx

Guest Suzy

Heeelllloooo Suzy,

Noooo it is not true about alcohol free but sadly I have had to give up sipping my pints of cider and have resorted to incy wincy glasses of white wine trouble is they give me a hangover but what the heck its great at the time ~ looking forward to Friday nite should be a great nite ~ Hopefully another few pounds lighter

luv dawnie dingle :) xx

Hi Poppet,

I thought i was right about the alcohol free diet, YOU KEEP IT UP WHENCH!! i'm very proud of you :D

I'm really looking forward to the Connaughts 1st Anniversary, plus it looks set to be a cracking night again. :D

Looking forward to seeing all. XX

Guest Phil Richards

Should be coming up to this one again, with whatever rabble scrounge a lift off me on the way up. Can you save us a table

DES PARKER

Yes no problem :D

Guest Dawnie

Hiya Wulfie,

Yes I confess there was alcohol consumption on sunday :D but it was within my ponits catergory so all is well :D

luv Dawniedingle :)

Guest Suzy

Hiya Wulfie,

Yes I confess there was alcohol consumption on sunday :) but it was within my ponits catergory so all is well :wicked:

luv Dawniedingle :D

Yes, I can back Dawn up on that, she never touched a drop of cider!!

see you Friday poppet.

XX

DJ times for anyone who's interested

8 - 8.30 Craig

8.30 - 9 Phil

9 - 9.30 Hitsville Chalky

9.30 - 10 Wulfie

10 - 10.45 Phil

10.45 - 11.30 Hitsville Chalky

11.30 - 12.15 Wulfie

12.15 - End Craig

Hope to announce a full set of dates shortly for 2008 and hopefully with a new finishing time of 2am :wicked:

Guest Phil Richards

MUST THANK ALL THE DJ'S ......... CRAIG , PHIL , MAX , WOLFIE ,SNOWY , BURNLEY DAVE , MAK ,MARTIN, PATCH ALOT OF COMENTS THAT THIS WENT DOWN WELL, THE ELGIN'S AND CHUCK FROM THE CONTOURS WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL WHO CAME AND SUPPORTED THE ACTS ALONG WITH THE DJs. ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO DJs FOR THE SUPPORT :thumbsup:

Errr Chalky my Son......

What about the DJ's wives???? Hmmm.... :no:

Especially your Sue & Dawn :ohmy:

I've posted this on Phil's, by mistake,

Suzy XX

Edited by Phil Richards
Guest Suzy

Errr Chalky my Son......

Especially your Sue & Dawn :thumbsup:

Suzy XX

There you go, I'm back on my own name now!! :ohmy:

See you all tomorrow night, really looking forward to this. :no::no:

Suzy XX

Errr Chalky my Son......

Especially your Sue & Dawn :thumbsup:

Suzy XX

YES MOM YOUR RIGHT.............. SORRY DAWNY AND MY SUE AND MOM, YOU 3 WORKED HARD TOO ON THE DOOR AND BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVISE ASWELL :ohmy: LOOKING FROWARD TO FRIDAY NIGHT AND I WILL BE MORE RELAX :no:

Guest Suzy

YES MOM YOUR RIGHT.............. SORRY DAWNY AND MY SUE AND MOM, YOU 3 WORKED HARD TOO ON THE DOOR AND BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVISE ASWELL :thumbsup: LOOKING FROWARD TO FRIDAY NIGHT AND I WILL BE MORE RELAX :thumbup:

Hi Son,

You don't have to thank me, I did'nt do anything.

I was :wicked: while your Suzy & Annie Rexic were working!! haha tongue.gif

See you Friday Mate. :thumbsup: XX

Guest Phil Richards

Errr Chalky my Son......

What about the DJ's wives???? Hmmm.... :D

Especially your Sue & Dawn :ohmy:

Suzy XX

Can you keep off mine :thumbsup:

Edited by Phil Richards
Guest Dawnie

Can you keep of mine :thumbsup:

WHY!!! Mr Richards you are very naughty :D me thinks it is the other way round :wicked: ~ you lot would be lost without us lot although the way I'm disappearing at the moment it won't be long until I am invisble :ohmy: so if anyone hears a little voice saying hello at the conaught door its me

Dawniedingle :wub: xx

Guest Dawnie

YES MOM YOUR RIGHT.............. SORRY DAWNY AND MY SUE AND MOM, YOU 3 WORKED HARD TOO ON THE DOOR AND BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVISE ASWELL :thumbsup: LOOKING FROWARD TO FRIDAY NIGHT AND I WILL BE MORE RELAX :D

Hello Chalky,

I am glad you are more relaxed and now you can look forward to a great night as always at the conaught virtually stress free :ohmy:

PS tell Sue I'll bring that brilliant book

seeya soon luv Dawniedingle :wicked: xx

Hello Chalky,

I am glad you are more relaxed and now you can look forward to a great night as always at the conaught virtually stress free :thumbsup:

seeya soon luv Dawniedingle :D xx

HI DAWNY YES REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS NIGHT WITH FRIENDS :ohmy: AND I WILL TELL SUE ABOUT THE BOOK.

Guest Suzy

Hello Chalky,

I am glad you are more relaxed and now you can look forward to a great night as always at the conaught virtually stress free :thumbsup:

seeya soon luv Dawniedingle wub.gif xx

WHAT BOOK ???? I MUST HAVE BEEN sleep3.gif ING !!

See you later. XX

Guest Dawnie

WHAT BOOK ???? I MUST HAVE BEEN :lol: ING !!

See you later. XX

Hi Suzy,

Its a book for Chalkys Sue called a piece of cake by cupcake brown about what happened to her in her young life ~ Brilliant book.

Seeya L8a

Luv dawniedingle :lol: xxx

All the odd 5, 10, 15 quid records I've got lying around, I've stuck them all in a box and I'm going to be flogging them for a fiver each tonight - 3 or 400 of them. It's weird, I sold more pressings and reissues there last time than I did originals!

Great night last night , a bit slow to start because of the match but the room filled up nicely later on with a full dancefloor all night apart from a couple I played laugh.gif

Great spots from all Dj's totally across the board sounds even I was dancing last night.

Many thanks to Wulfie and Annie for the lift home thumbsup.gif

Will post some photos up later.