Jacks 19th May

well where does one start.....the journey down.....got train from Edinburgh along with my better half Andy Dennison and our 3rd muskateer Kathrine Raeburn, the cider and vodka was opened within 10 mins of the train leaving the station, after 5 or so hours of annoying all the other passengers we eventually arrived in "The smoke". Where do we go for a drink was the question? Camden came the answer. After a few more drinks we then headed for London bridge, to find a few more bars before heading to Jacks. On our merry arrival we were greeted by the lovely Sharon who I had'nt seen since last July and was saddened to hear Teff was laid up with a bad back....sharon whatever have you done to that poor man!!!! He was really missed, Andy had no-one to talk golf with. The place shortly started to fill up and the atmosphere was amazing not to mention the sounds that were being played, for me to stay the course the alcohol had to stop and replaced with Londons best...tap water. I must say it has been nearly a year since my last nighter and I have never danced so much, the best part of the night for me was meeting up with a very dear friend who i had lost touch with a few years ago......meeting up with you Mr Cruise really was the icing on the cake for me, after trawling over past memories and a few drinks, water for me again, and watching him do what he does best.....all-nighter madness, I havent laughed so much for a long time, the guy is pure class entertainment. Well by about 5.30 my legs had decided to pack in, the head was clear and up for more dancing but legs had decided otherwise and had to sit out for a bit...totally gutted as some great tunes were being played, which i will leave for Andy to mention as he has a better memory than my goldfish one. All too quickly time to go home....the journey to the station, well poor Dean Anderson and Frank Giacobbe had to endure what must have been their worst nightmare come true.....by that time it was pure verbal nonsense...haha.

Must also mention a couple of really nice people that we met, firstly Andy BB what a gent in every sense, top guy. James Trouble who was really complimentive of my dancefloor antics, thankyou.

All in all a fantastic night well worth the long journey and cant wait for the anniversary.....we will be back. A big thankyou to everyone.

Phyllis

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy BB

Must also mention a couple of really nice people that we met, firstly Andy BB what a gent in every sense, top guy.

Oh Yes, I'm framing that. You're obviously a great judge of character. Was really great to meet you all.

I had a fantastic time on Saturday. After getting muddled up with times I ended up playing records for an hour before the doors were even open - that was my best set by a country mile, in fact it may well have been the greatest set of records ever played by anyone anywhere.

Nice crowd, new bogs, and best thing of all for me was the fact that it no longer smells like the bottom of my washbasket in there.

Musically, I thought all the other DJs were absolutely rubbish.

Guest in town Mikey

Oh Yes, I'm framing that. You're obviously a great judge of character. Was really great to meet you all.

I had a fantastic time on Saturday. After getting muddled up with times I ended up playing records for an hour before the doors were even open - that was my best set by a country mile, in fact it may well have been the greatest set of records ever played by anyone anywhere.

Nice crowd, new bogs, and best thing of all for me was the fact that it no longer smells like the bottom of my washbasket in there.

Musically, I thought all the other DJs were absolutely rubbish.

I think you peaked to early Andy. Line of the night was when there were very few people in - You dont get that down the local Legion. :D

Well we lost a few punters from the first night's packer which was odd but down to a few different factors that we'll sort out by next time. The DJ's did very well keeping it going with top class records and not resorting to the bleeding obvious to get a busy floor. It was nice to see Andy, Phyllis and Katherine having such a great time and I think the Oscar Perry track was a good present for him (now when's it your birthday Keith?). I do find the ambience of Jack's particularly good for breaking new sounds and as I've dug out so many that I'm keen on at the moment, that's a big plus.

Many thanks to all who made it and to Johnny G for sorting out such a great venue. See you at Cleggy or the next nighter down the One Ton.

Fisrt chance I`ve had to put a post up for last Saturday, been on a ipsh shift all week.

The best birthday ever had and my thanks first go to the Kath and phyllis for the never ending beer tokens that they provided on the train and thru the night.

To Ady, Dean, Butch, Mick, Keith and Andy bb for the never ending quality tunes old and very new, aint danced so much for a long time.

Dean and Micky C, quality allnighter nonsense chat whistling.gif Ady, that Oscar Perry track had me and Keith M creamin ourselfs mate.

I was gonna do a review for the Scottish forum, but i ran out of paper after about 30 mins after the doo started, so didn`t bother as I`d have needed a f**kin mounain of paper to write everything down.

Andy BB, thanks for you very kind offering of the Kelly brothers on Simms mate, that will stay with me for ever mate, must have been my acrobatics when i missed the seat and still managed to stay on my feet.!!!!!!

to Frank Giacobbe who I hadn`t seen since Allanton :D

Lookin forward to our next trip down to the big Landan tan, Wonderfull !!!!

thanks to all :yes:

Andy