Hip City Soul Club 17th Anniversary Night July 14th

Hi everybody, just an early shout for all who are interested and those whose interest needs to be founded :( We will celebrate our 17th anniversary this year thankfully again with the world´s top Rare Soul DJ "Butch" ! We decided that once we have him back here that we won`t let him get away with less then three primetime spots ! So if you ever fancied a great Rare Soul night abroad in one of Europes current hot spots combined with maximum "Butch" DJ-power Berlin in July is a very good chance me thinks.

The two residents Franz Heidl and myself will also do our best dj-wise. As every year, there will be a great anniversary gift again free of charge to the very first 100 guests.

If you need any help in finding cheap ho(s)tels just let me know please.

Marc

post-1700-1179756765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marc Forrest
  • Replies 36
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

we´ll be there :dance: the last one is a while back for me, but i hope i´ll retrieve the way to the pub anyway :search:

cheers a+a

Hi Andreas, indeed and we all missed you, great to have you back for the anniversary :thumbsup: Already people from Sweden, Spain and England have given signals that they will be there which is great...not to mention everyone else from Germany who will take the trip to the Berlin :wicked:

...the bunch from Hamburg is there for sure :thumbsup:

Which is great to say the least ! :thumbsup: ! Only question is are you coming in two cars or are you planning of hiring a small bus :wicked: ?

But believe me this years (free) anniversary 45 will be worth every travel effort...a cracker...not to mention the night in itself anyway !

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest

Hey marc, we can't come, but i know it's gonna be a cracker!!!

have fun and drink a german beer for me!!!

Hi Malayka, I will. Indeed it is more then about time you two visit this nice "little" town. Maybe later in the year ? I just spoke to Osi last week and as it is just after he will have finished his exams there is a good chance he and Pele will be coming up to Berlin as well...next time you speak to Martin you may inform him about that in case he wants to jump on in to that car :thumbsup:

Marc

Hi Malayka, I will. Indeed it is more then about time you two visit this nice "little" town. Maybe later in the year ? I just spoke to Osi last week and as it is just after he will have finished his exams there is a good chance he and Pele will be coming up to Berlin as well...next time you speak to Martin you may inform him about that in case he wants to jump on in to that car :thumbsup:

Marc

Till now I'm not quiet sure if I can come, but I'll try my best!

Thought of taking the train! But probably I'll have a chat with Osi, but also have to speak with Max about a bed & probably a breakfast and with my missus, if she wants to join, too.

Cheers, Martin

Which is great to say the least ! :lol: ! Only question is are you coming in two cars or are you planning of hiring a small bus :lol: ?

But believe me this years (free) anniversary 45 will be worth every travel effort...a cracker...not to mention the night in itself anyway !

Marc

...bought an old shabby T4 a few weeks ago. So we`ll be attending with 7 lunatics to get 7 of those crackers.

c u

...7 lunatics and one friendly handsome guy (me) :thumbsup:

...Jan, you`re loud, nervous and insane...far away from friendly and handsome...

If I say 7 lunatics, I mean 7 lunatics...otherwise you have to catch a train to the big onion!

I hope you will play on that night your circus version of a clock thats got no hands from

Jimmy Radcliffe

No...leave the boing stuff at home and bring Homer Banks, your Big Daddy Rogers cover up, Terri Goodnight, Tommy Bush and Jean Brooks

see you next month

the Jan

No...leave the boing stuff at home and bring Homer Banks, your Big Daddy Rogers cover up, Terri Goodnight, Tommy Bush and Jean Brooks

Jimmy = boring ? Never :lol::lol:Tell you what though...I`ll bring Homer Banks (Thought you sourced one ? If not JM has one currently..) but Big Daddy is sold o NYC now...Terri Goodnight maybe, Jean Brooks definitely not :wicked:

Marc

NB

Got your mail

Jimmy = boring ? Never :ohmy::lol:Tell you what though...I`ll bring Homer Banks (Thought you sourced one ? If not JM has one currently..) but Big Daddy is sold o NYC now...Terri Goodnight maybe, Jean Brooks definitely not thumbsup.gif

Marc

NB

Got your mail

it's an TOP SONG :( , Ralf is a little bit........I will not say what he is,becuse if I do it I have to go to Berlin by train and not with his T4. ph34r.gif

Jan

Ralf is a little bit........I will not say what he is,becuse if I do it I have to go to Berlin by train and not with his T4. :D

Jan

I`m what Jan? Butter by the fishes, Macker...

Hamburg main station 17:04h - Berlin 19:54h

(Marc: Jimmy Radcliffe isn`t boring...it`s just...Jan likes it so much...)

• 3 weeks later...

In case you need a place to stay at after the Anniverary, here are some cool and low rate ho(s)tels in Berlin All between 15 to 25 a night...

Hostel Jansa7

Jansastrasse 7

12045 Berlin

jansa7@web.de

Sunflower Hostel

Helsingdorfer Str. 17

10243 Berlin

reservieren@sunflower-hostel.de

Hostel XBerger

Schlesische Str. 22

10997 Berlin

info@hostelxberger.com

Die Fabrik-Hostel Kreuzberg

Schlesische Str.18

10997 Berlin

www.diefabrik.com

Rock'n'Roll Herberge GbR

Muskauer Strasse 11

10997 Berlin-Kreuzberg

www.rock-n-roll-herberge.de

:sweatingbullets:

Edited by Marc Forrest

Just to inform you all who are planning to come over (and judging from pm`s and mail it will be quite a bunch of people from all over the place), there will be an Allnighter hosted by two friends of mine (Peanut Vendor from Leipzig and local Mod / Beat DJ hero DJ Blowfish) on the friday night...so we all will have a nice warm up before the anniversary on saturday! Location is the "Roter Salon" Rosa-Luxemburg Platz. Starts at 11pm. This place used to hold the "Northern Soul Allinghter" years ago but the dj line up changed completely and Arne aka Peanut Vendor knows his stuff and turned this place into a good Allnighter where you won`t hear any bootlegs and compilation album tracks thumbsup.gif Roll on 14th !

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A TOP TIME.....HOPEFULLY GET TO HAMBURG POLLY thumbsup.gif

Hear hear, do we happen to have here yet another fan of Mrs. Polly ? :lol:thumbup.gif

Seriously though, thanks bearsoul, we will have a great time I am sure. Our anniversary nights are usually the most crowded ones and with so many travellers added to the locals I am nearly afraid hat the room will not have enough space...well, hopefully :lol:

Just to say big thank you to all who made the effort to travel to the Oscar Wilde last saturday (especially the people from Sweden, Spain, Hamburg, Vienna, Bamberg, Leipzig and Dresden) and made it such a brilliant night. Fantastic night with awesome spots by Mr Dobson. I am waiting for his playlist and will post them up as soon as I have received them. Thanks god no "dynamite" but -still- the sound system "exploded" around three in the morning otherwise I am sure we would have continued to party until six in the morning. Room was apcked from ten onwards (very unlikely for a German event) and the free 100 anniversary 45s were already gone by half past eleven. Many thanks again for all your support, highly appreciated :no::lol:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Guest stromberg

Just to say big thank you to all who made the effort to travel to the Oscar Wilde last saturday (especially the people from Sweden, Spain, Hamburg, Vienna, Bamberg, Leipzig and Dresden) and made it such a brilliant night. Fantastic night with awesome spots by Mr Dobson. I am waiting for his playlist and will post them up as soon as I have received them. sadly not the "dynamite" but the sound system "exploded" around three in the morning otherwise I am sure we would have continued to party until six in the morning. Room was apcked from ten onwards (very unlikely for a German event) and the free 100 anniversary 45s were already gone by half past eleven. Many thanks again for all your support, highly appreciated :no::lol:

shame I missed this one, Marc, can't have it all, can you?

hope you had a good time, well, I know you had :lol:

See you in October!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A TOP TIME.....HOPEFULLY GET TO HAMBURG POLLY :yes:

Thank you , Chris- how nice! Yes, please come to Hamburg!!

And we did have a top time! And a very hot time as well, sweat just running down everyones faces... I´ll make an album for anyone interested in pics.

Lots of people and a great atmosphere made for a great night, which was cut short unfortunately but long enough anyway for everyone to have a good time...

:)