Tuesday - Leroy Burgess Related Tunes

Guest rachel

Guest rachel

Very topical with upcoming appearance at the Hilton weekender (I'd like to say this was good planning, but, well, it was actually complete coincidence :yes: )

Happy posting... :ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes as Rach has stated...very topical for the up and coming Hilton Bank Holiday Weekender...Sebastion....thank you for the tunes posted so far...but i am sure in fact i know that there are hoards of ya out there...who are hiding :P .them Leroy Burgess related tunes..ya all know how it goes....dont be shy...get posting Now...i want to hear them choons...cmon..i know it is bloomin warm out there...but there is no excuse to slow down...get marchin troops...Delxxxx

Social source share

No offence but who the heck is Leroy Burgess and are we all meant to have recordings by him or something? I've never heard of him!

No offence taken Pete....one thing about these music threads is that it educates people like myself and also just to get collectors and such like digging deep...that's all

Leroy Burgess was the lead singer of the early 70s group Black Ivory..he co-wrote their highest charting single" You and I"....and their dance classic "mainline"..

he played an important role in the 80s dance scene,...collaborating and producing with the likes of Larry Levan...a very influential New York DJ..who ran a club called the Garage...which lead to the beginnings of House music etc....i could go on Pete....but just by looking at his credentials...would be a thread on its on.....Delxxx

Social source share

.but i am sure in fact i know that there are hoards of ya out there...who are hiding :P .them Leroy Burgess related tunes..ya all know how it goes....dont be shy...get posting Now...

Haven't got them at hand to post up today, but maybe someone can oblige?

Leroy Burgess - Heartbreaker

Logg - I know you will

Intrigue - Fly girl

Social source share

Haven't got them at hand to post up today, but maybe someone can oblige?

Leroy Burgess - Heartbreaker

Logg - I know you will

Intrigue - Fly girl

First 2 and Fonda Rae being recored as we speak, cant find Intrigue though, what label was it on?

Pete S maybe better if you dont listen, it may send you running for the beer!! :thumbsup:biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!