Garrison Record Label

50 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Steve, don't give up, some folks still read books and I appreciate how much work you have done and must need to do to get all the info and get it published, it must be tough work. It must be as simple as some people collect CD's not vinyl or use MP3's in the "New World". I don't collect books and am one of the "hunt around" on the net for info. It's IMHO that knowledge should be shared as much as possible (especially on this site) and I love that some of the members on here know so so much and are sharing it for histories/accuracy sake :)

I bought one of your books Steve, I love my books on music. Whenever mine comes out im hoping to sell a few but its a risk I guess, especially when as I have financed it entirely myself. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Gilly said:

I bought one of your books Steve, I love my books on music. Whenever mine comes out im hoping to sell a few but its a risk I guess, especially when as I have financed it entirely myself. 

Yes, thanks, and good luck with yours Gilly. I've got my money back on my book, not that that was ever the reason for doing it. Took over 2 years of my spare time, umpteen phone bills to the USA, umpteen record purchases I would not have otherwise got - B J Thomas etc., that awful pop on Scepter etc. and of course printing. Did 750 copies, got about 250 left. Some of those that brought it have now gone to the music library in the sky. I know promotion is a problem (getting it out there)  - a bit like our old records faced back in the day  -  Will probably have an "Alan Partridge" moment at some point and skip what is left. 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Steve G said:

At least you bought a copy Chalky for which I thank you.  I'd just started a second book about forgotten Alabama soul singers which would have been a right riveting read, but I am seriously thinking of giving up on it. A diminishing number of people seem to want factual information in a written format, much easier to speculate and guess on the internet I guess, and of course it is free. A bit like the wider world right now I suppose. PS: Maybe we should call the NY Honeybees (Earl Jean etc.) The Honeybees (2) to avoid confusion with the Detroit gals. 😉

Put me down for a copy Steve, some of us still like a proper book. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!