Baby Washington C/u

Petebangor

• Replies 4
  • Views 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Baby Washington c/u Going Around In Circles.Old Searling play late days of Wigan,title was 'Whirlpool'????? Anyone help on the artist.

Come on Edddie Hubbard,right up your street this one!!

Cheeras

Pete

link

Was 10 when Wigan closed (!!) and didn't know had been covered up, but lyrics maybe suggest Marvelous Ray "Whirlpool" on ABNER??

Chhers,

Rich

p.s Pete - I'm originally from Ruthin in north wales - did you used to put alldayers on in Bangor?? Pretty sure I came there a couple of times circa early 90s/late 80s, giving a certain Mr Bicknell a lift!!

Social source share

Was 10 when Wigan closed (!!) and didn't know had been covered up, but lyrics maybe suggest Marvelous Ray "Whirlpool" on ABNER??

Chhers,

Rich

p.s Pete - I'm originally from Ruthin in north wales - did you used to put alldayers on in Bangor?? Pretty sure I came there a couple of times circa early 90s/late 80s, giving a certain Mr Bicknell a lift!!

link

Hi Rich

Yes that's the one,great tune,any idea of a price?

I went to Bangor alldayers in late 70's!! Was living Overseas Late 80's early 90's.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Hi Rich

Yes that's the one,great tune,any idea of a price?

I went to Bangor alldayers in late 70's!!  Was living Overseas Late 80's early 90's.

Cheers

Pete

link

Aghhh - can't have been you then - maybe thinking about it, it was someone called Mikey who used to put them on - can't recall - maybe someone can help me??!

Not seen the Marvelous Ray listed for a while (and I'm assuming that is the record you were on about) - it's down at £50 in Tim Brown's book, but I've not personally seen it listed for a while - maybe I've missed it. i'm sure if you whack it up in the "wants" section, someone will turn you up a copy - good luck... :)

All the best,

Rich

Social source share

It's definitely Marvellous Ray. Magic record. All of them seem to have a 'chips' gold sticker on them which is impossible to move. I got 2 copies off Times Square when I first got on the net in 96-97 and I haven't seen one since, I'd say about £150 for that now.

This came out on the Goldmine cd Thelma Story credited to 'Pat Smith', there was an instrumental version on there as well.

Who knows how it ended up as Marvellous Ray?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!