Newquay Weekend 'open Decks'

The new thurs warm up session is a show case for 'up and coming' djs, if you are in Newquay

Aug 30th, and intend to come to the weekend and would like a chance to dj, then get in touch please

The best of the night will be given the chance to dj at other venues across the country :ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Wulfie

Update that may be of interest yes.gif

The promoters of Lea Hall, west midlands, have stepped up and offered a spot ! :D

Thanks guys

Curses - damn shift work :angry:

Wulfie

Social source share

Also 'Bridgewater soul night' , Thank you Pete, this is an ideal opportunity for new djs,

so lets have a few more on board please thumbsup.gif

and all you djs that want a chance, come forward

we are waiting to hear from you. :D

Social source share

Also yesterday evening Chris Waterman has offered one at Brookfields

all we need now are some keen djs to take us up ! thats four excellent venues

all willing to show support on this yes.gif

Thank you

Jo

Social source share

Hope all these are paid engagements,gonna`cost the winner a fortune otherwise.

Theres always someone that takes a positive move and turns into a negitive, this is a genuin attempt

to give keen but relatively unknown djs a chance. :thumbsup:

and has the support of quite a few promoters now !

Social source share

Guest Wulfie

Theres always someone that takes a positive move and turns into a negitive, this is a genuin attempt

and a great chance for the unsung heroes of countless local nights to get an opportunity too

Hope all goes well

Wulfie

Social source share

Just pointing out the realitys of djing,thats all..........competition for djs,whatever next........just go out and listen and then hire them,cause for the life in me cant see how anybody can see whats what from one night........hire a dj or just put somebody on.......there`s too many djs anyway,best from a negative Ken.

Social source share

Just pointing out the realitys of djing,thats all..........competition for djs,whatever next........just go out and listen and then hire them,cause for the life in me cant see how anybody can see whats what from one night........hire a dj or just put somebody on.......there`s too many djs anyway,best from a negative Ken.

exactly!! there are too many, :unsure: and how can we listen to them if they don't get booked !!????

as a promoter it can be difficult, when inundated with requests from people we don't know :rolleyes:

which we get in Newquay, they all want the chance, and we will do that for as many as possible

on the thurs, and the promise of bookings from there on ! Call it what you like, its up to the person that does the best whether they take the opportunity to do well or not I was waiting for the 1st negative comment Ken, thats soul source for you, congratualtions :lol::rolleyes:

Social source share

exactly!! there are too many, :unsure: and how can we listen to them if they don't get booked !!????

as a promoter it can be difficult, when inundated with requests from people we don't know :rolleyes:

which we get in Newquay, they all want the chance, and we will do that for as many as possible

on the thurs, and the promise of bookings from there on ! Call it what you like, its up to the person that does the best whether they take the opportunity to do well or not I was waiting for the 1st negative comment Ken, thats soul source for you, congratualtions :lol::rolleyes:

On a positive note,good lukc and i do hope it works out.Ken

Social source share

Up & comin DJ's, plus established ones wanting to play something a little different & virgin DJ's are all welcome to give it a go in our Freestyle Room.

But like Ken highlighted, they don't get paid, just a free pass for them and a guest.

If they are travelling from Newquay, that can be a bit expensive.

We do go to all allniters next year, so may be worth the trip.... :unsure:

see link:

https://www.rugbysoulclub.co.uk/Freestyle%20room.htm

We are down there on our hols again this year but we go back Sat 18th Aug, anything on in the three weeks prior to then?

Social source share

Up & comin DJ's, plus established ones wanting to play something a little different & virgin DJ's are all welcome to give it a go in our Freestyle Room.

But like Ken highlighted, they don't get paid, just a free pass for them and a guest.

If they are travelling from Newquay, that can be a bit expensive.

We do go to all allniters next year, so may be worth the trip.... :unsure:

see link:

https://www.rugbysoulclub.co.uk/Freestyle%20room.htm

We are down there on our hols again this year but we go back Sat 18th Aug, anything on in the three weeks prior to then?

The Newquay weekend attracts people from all over the country, , Bolton, Manchester, Newcastle, Midlands etc, I would say a large midland crowd, and so far no one from Newquay has asked for a spot !! :lol:

We have our regular Newquay soul night july 7th, but thats it , nothing else in cornwall

shame, but thats how it is down here, soul starved ! We have to travel to get our fix yes.gif

Social source share

Hi Jo,

Spoke to Karen last night.We're booked up so far this year but next year no problem.Plus we pay all our dj's.Obviously depends on how many turn up but free entry for 1 guest with dj.

As we get room for free all we fork out for is equipment.

Any spare slots as people do cancel will be in touch.

Regards

Dave.

Social source share

The Newquay weekend attracts people from all over the country, , Bolton, Manchester, Newcastle, Midlands etc, I would say a large midland crowd, and so far no one from Newquay has asked for a spot !! :lol:

We have our regular Newquay soul night july 7th, but thats it , nothing else in cornwall

shame, but thats how it is down here, soul starved ! We have to travel to get our fix yes.gif

We were down a few years ago and the nearest one on while we were there was Exeter, Lee Vowels had a minibus going up but after travelling 300 miles to get there, we didn't fancy another 200 mile round trip to go out.

We did make it for one of the events held at The Griffin a couple of years back.

Great to have a holiday and include a bit of soul.... :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Wulfie

:huh: LOOKS LIKE ITS GAME ON :D THE LOVE OF MY LIFE SAYS GO FOR IT :D SO COUNT ENZO IN :wicked: YOU,L LOV IM wink.gif OK IT,S 50/50 SO WHAT!! THE TUNES WILL TELL. :D JUST HOPE YOU ALL LISTEN TO IM AND THEN MAKE YOUR MIND UP :yes: OH AND I ONLY SING WHEN I,M WINING!! :no: SE YA ENZO

Why do you think I've made a life out of being runner-up - my voice is bleeding terrible :wicked:

Wulfie

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

hi,

i was at the last 2 Newquay weekenders and had an excellent time. i like the sound of open DJ nite, some of the collectors of rare vinyl in scarborough don't get the chance to air records, as our soul club organisers just wanna play the classics and usually are bootlegs, they do it purely for bums on seats and charge the rest of us to get, and that bores the pants off me. I certainly would like to have a pop at spinning my recs..my collection is quite rare to obscure with no boots! my e-mail is soulcashuk@yahoo.com

regards Jock from Scarborough.

Social source share

hi,

i was at the last 2 Newquay weekenders and had an excellent time. i like the sound of open DJ nite, some of the collectors of rare vinyl in scarborough don't get the chance to air records, as our soul club organisers just wanna play the classics and usually are bootlegs, they do it purely for bums on seats and charge the rest of us to get, and that bores the pants off me. I certainly would like to have a pop at spinning my recs..my collection is quite rare to obscure with no boots! my e-mail is soulcashuk@yahoo.com

regards Jock from Scarborough.

sounds like the words of an unhappy soulie

Social source share

Guest Wulfie

:thumbsup: WULFIE, I BET MY SINGING VOICE IS WORST :no: I WAS DOING KARAOKE ONCE(AND ONLY THE ONCE)WHEN THIS GUY CAME UP TO ME AND SAID=DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SING FAR AWAY!! I SAID I DON,T KNOW THAT ONE :ohmy: LOL ENZO.

OK , can't say thats happened to me ( basically cos I steer clear od karaeoke totally) - but it is a family trait the bad singing voice

Both Mum and Sis sound like Hilda Ogden on acid

Wulfie

Social source share

wicked.gif WULFIE, I BET MY SINGING VOICE IS WORST :yes: I WAS DOING KARAOKE ONCE(AND ONLY THE ONCE)WHEN THIS GUY CAME UP TO ME AND SAID=DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SING FAR AWAY!! I SAID I DON,T KNOW THAT ONE unsure.gif LOL ENZO.

............. yes but you're very good at saxaphonechair!!!!! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Social source share

east kirkby offers a spot to any up and coming djs aswell

Thank you , we will put all participating promoters on our programme for the weekend

almost full now room for a couple more then thats it , thanks to all that have shown an interest, i am moved by the response :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!