Cheltenham Soul Nights

just so everyone knows, if you haven't already been.

The next ones are on the 4th and 25th Febuary at the Saracens Club, Cheltenham. Opposite matalan. 8-1am

Dj line-ups are Dave Rimmer, Adey Pountain, Pete French & Neil self + Hippo? (Hope i got that right)

and Neil Jones, Eddie hubbard, Pete French & Neil self + Paul O'brien? (Hope i got that right as well! :wicked:

Respectively

info www.cdkm.co.uk

Regards Pete

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late with a review due to bigtime computer failure, but ramjammed is right!

I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been a little quieter than usual, being February, but once again the Sarries delivered the goods with another stormer. The floor filled up earlier than usual - could have been something to do with the quality of Ady Pountains early spot - and stayed that way until the end, although when the lager effect kicked in and I had to admit defeat and slide off at around 12.15 or face an extra-large hangover. That'll teach me to drink with Pountain, Greet and Budgie!

As I say, Ady's sets were sheer class, Pete French delved deeper into his box and came up with some different stuff like Chaumonts, Carl Spencer's "Cover girl" (forgotten how good that is!), Soul Set and an excellent Baby Washington album track, Dave Rimmer kept the floor rocking with loads of R & B faves and some good Wigan oldies, and Neil did his usual solid set.

My warm up set was as follows:

Patti Austin - A tisket, a tasket (Coral demo)

Norvells - Why do you want to make me sad (Penny)

Kittens - Ain't no more room (Chess)

Leverett Sisters - A place for me (Kayden)

Andre Williams - Loose Juice (Wingate)

Willie Kendrick - You can't bypass love (RCA)

Apollas - Just can't get enough (Loma)

Eddie Sull - I'm looking for my baby (Renee)

Fabulous Apollas - Some good in everything bad (Valtone)

Johnny Howard - The chase is on (Bashie demo)

Mamie Galore - It ain't necessary (St. Lawrence)

Ike and Tina Turner - Gonna have fun (Modern)

Party Brothers Orchestra - Do the groundhog (Revue)

Gene Chandler - (I'm just a ) Fool for you (Coral)

Furys - What is soul (Jay Boy - wish I had a US copy!)

Danny Wagner - I lost a true love (Imperial)

Billy Preston - The girl's got it (Capitol)

Tony Michaels - I love the life I live (Golden World demo)

Again, another excellent night - and a reminder that the next one is FRIDAY 25 FEBRUARY (can't do it in March because of the Gold Cup race meeting).

See you there

Hippo.

Guest Johnny One Trout

Shame we had to miss out on this one i was looking forward to seeing Ady spin again but it was not to be (My mum was down to visit) glad to hear it was good night as usual Jerry :shades:

just so everyone knows, if you haven't already been.

The next ones are on the 4th and 25th Febuary at the Saracens Club, Cheltenham. Opposite matalan. 8-1am

Dj line-ups are Dave Rimmer, Adey Pountain, Pete French & Neil self + Hippo? (Hope i got that right)

and Neil Jones, Eddie hubbard, Pete French & Neil self + Paul O'brien? (Hope i got that right as well! :shades:

Respectively

info www.cdkm.co.uk

Regards Pete

link

Really looking forward to this night Pete , always a pleasure to DJ at your excellent Soul night ,See you and Neil on the 25th ,Best Wishes ,Eddie .

25th feb is the next one after the 4th

link

AD A GOOD TIME AT LAST ONE ITS COOKIE,S BIRTHDAY ON 25TH SO MITE BE AT THAT ONE TOO :D

DONT TELL HER I TOLD YOU IT JUST BETWEEN ME AND YOU :D

HEAVENLY BLOCKED :D:D

ok

i loaded a picture into my profile

but it doesn't show on my messages

and whats a blog?

Help!!!!!!!!!!1

link

You've added a photo to your personal profile but you havent made it into an avatar. Select a picture, ensure its no bigger than 100 x 100 pixels by resizing it, save it to your documents/your pictures.

Then go to My Controls (see top of SS page) see avatar settings on menu on left hand side - click on this, then add the photo you have selected into the Browser box, click change settings and bobs your uncle. Your mugshot is out there for the rest of the world to ridicule :D

You've added a photo to your personal profile but you havent made it into an avatar. Select a picture, ensure its no bigger than 100 x 100 pixels by resizing it, save it to your documents/your pictures.

Then go to My Controls (see top of SS page) see avatar settings on menu on left hand side - click on this, then add the photo you have selected into the Browser box, click change settings and bobs your uncle. Your mugshot is out there for the rest of the world to ridicule  :D

link

Testing :D