Fi-dels

• Replies 6
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone know the group members or anything about them. Are the groups on Keymen, Dore, Maverick and Imperial the same. Were Bob Relf & Earl Nelson in the group (they wrote and produced the Keymen single).

Were there any other Keymen/Mirwood releases on DJM apart from the instrumental of this?

link

FIDELS TRY A LITTLE HARDER DJM 10689 UK 7" DEMO

(in company promo sleeve with publicity blurb)

is all I have listed Ady - odd really if that was all they issued when they had the rights, unless sales were so poor that they just didn't bother following on.

As far as I know, the same group were on Keymen, Dore and Maverick but I don't know the Imperial release.

Jerry

Social source share

FIDELS TRY A LITTLE HARDER DJM 10689 UK 7" DEMO

(in company promo sleeve with publicity blurb)

is all I have listed Ady - odd really if that was all they issued when they had the rights, unless sales were so poor that they just didn't bother following on.

As far as I know, the same group were on Keymen, Dore and Maverick but I don't know the Imperial release.

Jerry

link

Social source share

Don't kow what happened on previous e-mail....

Ady, I was working for Black Echoes when DJM released The Fidels and knew David Yates, the a&r man guy behind the release. They got the master via their deal with Vee-Jay, and also released "Come On Train" -Don Thomas as part of that deal.

Vee-Jay did not own the rights to Mirwood and the Keymen label connection came from Randy Wood, who was involved with Vee Jay as well as being the main man at Mirwood.

I later licenced The Fidels, Fury's and Don Thomas from Vee-Jay for Inferno - they confirmed then they had no rights to Mirwood catalogue.

One of the funny things at the time was that David Yates gave me a NUVJ white label demo of "Come On Train" - nobody has seen one of these, and I was well pleased as I was one of the original importers of the issue 45 via Bob Cattanneo in Daly City and always loved the track. Anyway it got broken in two at a drunken session at my place the night before a Ritz all-dayer. Years later I made the call to Vee-Jay about licensing "Come On Train", did the deal and as an afterthought asked if they had any vinyl?.

The guy asked me to wait and then came back and said they only had

some "some radio station promotion copies which have been here forever".

He said he would send them to me for free..I expected a handul of copies but was sent around 400 original demos, These are the ones that still get sold today..but not my me, I have just one copy left..

Happy days!!

Neil

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Did you get hold of Mick Gordon via J Poole?

with the info provided by Neil he had some interesting info at the time and some interesting history.

We were young then, now it needs a researcers touch Ady and youre it. Mick Gordon must have a story, or was it collecta-label-mania that we all suffer from now and again that coloured our vision.

I do know that Kev R should also know some answers.

Try Rob Smith, he knows the 'anorak' side this side of the pond.

Send me a promo of any NEW stuff related to this topic -Chris Fletcher says please Ady, please.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert