Lies Lies Lies

What a great cheapie Lies Lies Lies is by Brenda and The Tabulations but whats that short strange spoken intro. I cant make out one single word of it , can anyone enlighten or guess what it may be.

Sorry about the crackles at the start.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a great cheapie Lies Lies Lies is by Brenda and The Tabulations but whats that short strange spoken intro. I cant make out one single word of it , can anyone enlighten or guess what it may be.

"LIES".....it's almost too obvious!

Social source share

Guest Cher1962

In my opinion, definitely "Lies, (not sure next word) but then "the hoop, Get over"

Gonna bug me all night now til someone puts us right.

Cheryl

Social source share

Guest mel brat

I've had this record for thirty-odd years and I'm still none the wiser! I always thought it was just a vocal effect and meant nothing, but I'd be interested to hear what other people make of it! (part of it does sound like "putney-oop" or something similar" though!) :thumbsup:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest EType69

I had a copy of this in the mid seventies & bought it again a couple of years back (three quid, I think). For what its worth I think the intro goes - Lies, (something) pecka boo, whatever that means. Anyway, as you say great cheapie.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!