Passed Me By

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

You know what its like, you get complacent. You think, I've been listening to this music for a good while now. I'm pretty sure I've got most of the songs I like stored away in my head. Then someone plays a song you are certain you have never heard before. Certain because instantly you absolutely love it, and are convinced if you had heard it before you would have loved it then too.

Happened to me last night. I played the CD from the 'Function at the junction' box set. On comes this song:

Harry Deal and the Galaxies - I still love you.

I phone a couple of people who, to a man, and 2 women say, "you must know this, it was an oldie before oldies were invented", or words along those lines.

Well if I had heard it before it didn't register, but it definetly did last night. Now I just need to find my wants list, so I can add this at Number 1.

Has this happened to anyone else recently? What was the track?

How did I miss Harry Deal?

Answers please :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It may have something to do with your tastes changing / maturing.

There are many records that I dismissed 15 - 20 yrs ago when I started getting into the soul scene proper. I know because I revisited my records some time later when having a sort out playing all sides! Couldn't believe the tunes I had that I'd disregarded! :wicked:

Tastes do definitely change...

Sam

Social source share

great record!  :wicked:

I last heard this being played by Pikeys Dog at FLIPSIDE. I think Trevski plays it too.

Shane

link

I played the flip 'You're Always On My Mind' at the last Soulsville, Shane, and I believe you were in attendance.

I'm a big lover of this side, though I do like 'I Still Love'

It's down on my playlist for the Ducie on Saturday.

I do know Trevski plays it too.

Social source share

I played the flip 'You're Always On My Mind' at the last Soulsville, Shane, and I believe you were in attendance.

I'm a big lover of this side, though I do like 'I Still Love'

It's down on my playlist for the Ducie on Saturday.

I do know Trevski plays it too.

link

The flip got plays during the 80's too as did his other release on the label What Am I Gonna Do occasionally.

Social source share

Guest mattmale

This happens to me all the time, i've got a terrible memory for sounds, or at least when i first heard them i never bothered to find out what they were.

People are always saying 'do you remember this from Stafford?' but i don't have a clue. Mind you i did spend a lot of time playing Donkey Kong in the foyer completely off my box.... whistling.gif

M.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I must have heard it before then. Somewhere. Definetly at SITC.

Like Sam says, its strange how a record you've been hearing suddenly hits you.

Not sure about maturing tho whistling.gif

Social source share

The flip got plays during the 80's too as did his other release on the label What Am I Gonna Do occasionally.

link

Think I've got that one in a box too, I think.

Is is on a Black/Silver Eclipse label, Chalky??

Jamie. whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!