Farnborouh Town Soul Night

Just got in and would like to say a great thank you to all that came and made farnborough a great soul night and well worth carrying it on from me and the promoters.. Thanks for some great soulful tune from some some great local dj`s. (dave morris, paul mckay,mischief,danny,moldie and myself) play lists maybe to follow. once again thanks to all that made the effort to join us all. :unsure:

Edited by darkhorse01252
  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've not been home long....

Top Night.. Great Music from all the dj's.... some quality stuff going across the board..

It was a nice friendly crowd... bit slow getting on the dance floor but think it was just one of them nights.

Everyone I spoke to seemed to enjoy it...

Well done Chris and Danny.. your first night was a sucsess

Also like to say what a pleaseure it was to be asked to dj.. as I've already said great sets from all the dj's

Dave Morris - Paul McKay - Moldie and Chris double decking -and Danny (Terry Callier - look at me now...I love this).

Night..

Playlist!!!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours :unsure:

Guest Dr Pickles

Just got in and would like to say a great thank you to all that came and made farnborough a great soul night and well worth carrying it on from me and the promoters.. Thanks for some great soulful tune from some some great local dj`s. (dave morris, paul mckay,mischief,danny,moldie and myself) play lists maybe to follow. once again thanks to all that made the effort to join us all. :unsure:

What a great night.

Heard some good tunes. One that stood out was Sunshine Love - Difosco (think that was it) in Dave's set. Never heard it before. :lol:

Relaxed atmosphere and a nice dancefloor.

We'll definatley be down again.

Many thanks

Doc

First time out for quite a few weeks, had a lovely time, apologies to those I sent to sleep yakking on, I swear I'd only had a couple of beverages :unsure:

Its ok Chris seems the third member of our party coughed up for us so we can hold our heads up again :lol::rolleyes:

What a great night.

Heard some good tunes. One that stood out was Sunshine Love - Difosco (think that was it) in Dave's set. Never heard it before. :unsure:

Relaxed atmosphere and a nice dancefloor.

We'll definatley be down again.

Many thanks

Doc

It certainly was Doc.Should be getting more plays.

Would just like to add what a great night this was.Looks like you're on to a winner guys.Will be defo up for next one in July.

Will post playlist later when I get sorted.

Dave.

My playlist 9.00 - 10.00

The Artistics - The Chase Is On - Brunswick

Harold Burrage - Master Key - M-Pac

Ray Charles - I Don't Need No Doctor - ABC

Difosco - Sunshine Love - Earthquake Demo

Don Gardner - My Baby Loves To Boogaloo - Tru-Glo-Town

Donald Height - Rags To Riches To Rags - Avco Embassy UK

The Hesitations - That's What Love Is - Soul Series

Irma & The Fascinators - Lost Love - Scepter

Etta James - Seven Day Fool - Argo

Garland Jeffreys - What Does It Take - Epic Demo

David Ruffin - Rode By The Place - Motown

Harold Melvin - Where Are All My Friends - PIR

Tommy Neal - Going To A Happening - Vocalion UK

Dean Parrish - Determination - Boom

The Profiles - Take A Giant Step - Goldie

Lou Rawls - See You When I Git There - PIR

The Sheppards - Stubborn Heart - Jayboy uk

Joe Simon - I Got A Whole Lot Of Loving - SS7

Voices Of East Harlem - Cashing In - Just Sunshine

Mel Williams - Can It Be Me - Modern

Johnny Wyatt - This Thing Called Love - Bronco

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young - Seventy 7

Jimmy Love - Two Sides To Every Story - Josie.

Not in actual order of play.Once again thanks

Chris & Danny for asking me to play.Great night.

Dave.

I managed to get down Farnborough for a few hours last night. Only ever been to the football club once before, that was for a cup final, so couldn't remember the venue too well. I must say it's my sort of place, just the right size, large enough dancefloor area, but also plenty of seating and a large bar. I did spy someone selling those black circular vinyl things in one corner, but being deprived of funds this month I had to fight the urge to go thumbing through the boxes. I'd rather not know what was in them than go home thinking "Why is there always something I want for sale when I've got no money?" :yes:rolleyes.gif

I arrived whilst Dave Morris was up on the decks, remember one tune that I liked, played after Lou Rawls. Thought I won't make a note of it bound to be put in a playlist, so now Dave has posted his playlist in no particular order, I'll have to visit soulclub in a mo'. :lol:

Mischief followed Dave playing some quality stuff, amongst them the likes of Jimmy Robins, Benny Spellman, Dorothy Williams, The O'Jays before finishing with DJ Genesis (a track which has grown on me).

Mischief handed over to Paul Mckay. Well what can I say, thought his spot was excellent, especially liked Erma Franklin's Sweetest Feeling. Mind you whenever I've heard Paul play out never heard a duff track. Whilst he was on he played Jesse Johnson's Left Out (first time I'd heard this). I was humming along and thinking, I'm sure that I've got this but the words are different? So I had to ask Paul what the backing track was the same as. The answer being Outcast by Eddie & Ernie, cheers Paul that would have irritated the life out of me if I hadn't asked.

Talking of Eddie & Ernie, after Paul, Moldie & Chris took over djing duties to keep the dancers happy, only instead of resembling Eddie & Ernie they're more like Bert & Ernie. :unsure::lol:bert.jpg

Before too long I had to say my goodbyes and leave to get back home and get some much needed kip before work early this morning.

The next one looks like being a great night as well having Dave Abbott & Gary Todd guesting, can't wait. :thumbsup:

Edited by Supercorsa
Guest kev such

Evening Chris/moldie.

Glad the evening went well guys. It was my 2nd of 3 yearly events last night and we had about 150 in, which was excellent.

We have got a magnificent crowd at the Cream Cracker now and am looking forward to August. Two girls stayed at the B+B you are going to be booked into and they both said it was great. So thats all in order, you've just got to get up here.

I'm going to change the timings i had for August and was wondering if you two wouldn't mind doing the 12.00 till 01.00 spot and finish the evening off for us. i have one request track though which we always finish the Cracker off with. Will let you know nearer time, if thats ok?

Regards to you both.

Kev,

Hi Supercorsa,

Think you're looking for either the Garland Jeffreys version of Jnr Walker or the Harold Melvin track.Both are relatively cheap.I was having a 70's Philly thing at the time.

Must say Mischief playing the O'Jays - I Love Music was great.Certainly got them up as well.

Dave.

Playlist not in order but close :thumbsup:

10.00 - 10.45

My Baby's beeb Cheating - AC REED

I CAN'T PLEASE YOU - JIMMY ROBINS

THIS IS FOR YOU MY LOVE - BENNY SPELLMAN

THE WELL'S GONE DRY - DOROTHY WILLIAMS

CAN'T CHANCE A BREAK UP - IKE AND TINA TURNER

I DON'T LOVE YOU NO MORE - JIMMY NORMAN

MELLO FELLOW - ETTA JAMES

IF I HAD A CHANCE TO LOVE YOU - JIVE FYVE

IF I NEVER GET TO LOVE YOU - LOU JOHNSON

I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN - BOBBY FREEMAN

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO - CONSTELLATIONS

KEEP ON TALKING - ARTHUR CONLEY

DON'T LEAVE ME - AL GREEN

IT ONLY HAPPENS - THE MAJORS

HONEY BEE - GLORIA GAYNOR

I LOVE MUSIC - O'JAYS

LOVE NO LONGERHAS AHOLD ON ME - JIMMY BRISTOL

TRIBUTE TO BETTY - DJ GENESIS..

Hi Supercorsa,

Think you're looking for either the Garland Jeffreys version of Jnr Walker or the Harold Melvin track.Both are relatively cheap.I was having a 70's Philly thing at the time.

Must say Mischief playing the O'Jays - I Love Music was great.Certainly got them up as well.

Dave.

Must have been the Harold Melvin then. :thumbsup:

a big thanks to danny and chris for letting me play

we set up around 5pm to make sure no probs equipment wise

after baths and food it was back to the venue by 7pm

by 7.20 we had our first guests of the evening and things were looking good for a great night

chris and i continued to play some lesser played stuff and at 8.15 dribbling danny north got behind the decks...carrying on where we left off and adding a few classics to boot

dave morris dancer was up next and as you can see from his playlist he spun some real nice tunes.

the venue was starting to fill up and a great and friendly atmosphere was building

misfit came on after dave and span a real mixture of tunes both known and a few tracks id only heard a few times...

next up was paul mckay who really got the floor going and kept them there for most of his spot

chris and i ended the night with some classics..rnb and whatever the floor wanted

this was a great first night and im sure will go from strength to strength

a big thanks to all the people that travelled

looking fwd to the next one in july

play list to follow

Evening Chris/moldie.

Glad the evening went well guys. It was my 2nd of 3 yearly events last night and we had about 150 in, which was excellent.

We have got a magnificent crowd at the Cream Cracker now and am looking forward to August. Two girls stayed at the B+B you are going to be booked into and they both said it was great. So thats all in order, you've just got to get up here.

I'm going to change the timings i had for August and was wondering if you two wouldn't mind doing the 12.00 till 01.00 spot and finish the evening off for us. i have one request track though which we always finish the Cracker off with. Will let you know nearer time, if thats ok?

Regards to you both.

Kev,

hi kev

the last spot is fine by us..its an honour just to play at your event

pm the track you want played so if we aint got it then we can get it sorted

regards moldie

well here is my playlist for the early doors..no order...

exportations..i want you...vir-ro

robert winter band...love...pad

innervision...gotta find away to get back home...ariola

spyder turner...ive been waitin...whitfield

de-vons...someone to treat me...king

fabulous peps..my love looks good...d-town

dunn & bruce street...moment of truth...devaki

darrow fletcher..what good am i without you...jacklyn

roscoe robinson...what your doing to me...wand

freddie houston...soft walkin...toto

peggy paxton...it aint what you do...paula

phil flowers...you little devil...josie

bobby day...pretty little girl next door...rca

solomen burke...cry to me...atlantic

benny mahan...she knows how...scratch

barbera dane...im on my way...trey

a bit of a mixture i know but it was early doors

heres the tunes i played at the end of the night..one again in no order

marv johnson..come on and stop...united artists

diplomats...cards on the table...arock

tommy navarro...i cried my life away...de jac

vibrations...cause your mine...epic

kurt harris...emperor of my babys heart...diamond

ben e king...i cant break the news...atco

big daddy rogers...im a big man...midas

bonnie herman...hush dont cry...colombia

ruby andrews...just lovin you...zodiac

frank popp...hip teens...blow up...pestered for this by a lady

my packing up tune was...freda payne..i hear rumours

Guest bluebill

Thanks to Moldie and Chris for a top night,good turn out for first night,all dj's played superb sets, Chris should get a top spot soon, he is one of the most under used dj's around, but he never fails to deliver !!

Good venue with a friendly and receptive crowd, also nice to have a venue within walking distance so we can have a drink as well.

Thanks to Moldie and Chris for a top night,good turn out for first night,all dj's played superb sets, Chris should get a top spot soon, he is one of the most under used dj's around, but he never fails to deliver !!

Good venue with a friendly and receptive crowd, also nice to have a venue within walking distance so we can have a drink as well.

thanks for the kind words...totally agree with you about chris.....he has some great tunes

i must admit he delivers more often than the post office and hes cheaper too

im looking fwd to the next one in july

regards moldie

Guest kent soul club

Sounds like you had a great night, well done fellas.

Went down to Ramsgate to check out Mark's new venue and its 'kin brilliant.

Catch up with you all at Bisley.

Magoo :wicked:

Good night and a good crowd in too. Here's some of what I played from memory (not in play order due to box re-filing for Sunday's Blue Skies all dayer)

10.45 - 11.30

Seven Souls, Cashmeres, Jesse Johnson - Left out, Soul Bros Inc. - Pyramid, O'Jays - I'll never forget you, Ultimates, Choice of Color, Bobby Kline, Johnnie mae Matthews - I have no choice, Garland Green - Girl I love you, Jack Montgomery, Pat & Blenders, Timi Yuro, Majestics, Sam Dees, Sam Fletcher, Bill Bush and the Cashmeres.

Thanks to Chris and Danny for the invite and those who came along to dance including a few travellers.

Edited by sitc01

thanks for your kind words..And a great big thanks to all that made it a great night. Will try sort my play list out soon :thumbsup:

Good night and a good crowd in too. Here's some of what I played from memory (not in play order due to box re-filing for Sunday's Blue Skies all dayer)

10.45 - 11.30

Seven Souls, Cashmeres, Jesse Johnson - Left out, Soul Bros Inc. - Pyramid, O'Jays - I'll never forget you, Ultimates, Choice of Color, Bobby Kline, Johnnie mae Matthews - I have no choice, Garland Green - Girl I love you, Jack Montgomery, Pat & Blenders, Timi Yuro, Majestics, Sam Dees, Sam Fletcher, Bill Bush and the Cashmeres.

Thanks to Chris and Danny for the invite and those who came along to dance including a few travellers.

i didnt see any pikeys there paul..loved the set though

see you at bisley

thanks for your kind words..And a great big thanks to all that made it a great night. Will try sort my play list out soon :thumbsup:

playlist in your own time mate...see if you can get dannys too

my play list for first and last 45 mins with moldie (double decking) in no order cos i ended up a little worse for weather at the end :lol: so in no order

The exits..you got to have money 1

Jimmy soul clark..I`ll be you champion 1

The Precisions..if this is love 2

Mick rice...baby im coming home 2

John & Wierdest...Cant get over these memories 1

Jay Trayner..Up and over 1

Kell osborne..you cant outsmart a woman 1

Ben E King...What can a man do 1

Clydene Jackson..I need your love 1

Bobby Garrett..My little girl 2

Isley brothers..Take some time out for love 2

Tommy Neal..Goin to a happening 2

Harold melvin..get out 2

THe younghearts..a little togetherness 2

The valentinos..Sweeter than the day before 2

Holly St James..thats not love 2

The 5 Royals..Catch that teardrop 2

Jimmy soul clark..Sweet darlin 2

Jackie lee..Oh my darlin 2

The isley brothers..My love is your love 2

Impressions..first impression 2

Hamilton movement..she`s gone 2

if ive missed any out then im sorry

1= 1st set (possible) :D

2= 2nd set (possible) :thumbsup:

And dont forget moldie (old dee dum dum) played a cracking record between each of my better record :sleep3:

Just to let you all know ive broken my mobile phone so cant contact anyone until my new sim card comes. so i would of lost all my contacts so if anyone would like to pm me you contact number then i will add it when new card comes. its a long story buy will let peeps know if they see me and ask :thumbsup:

Edited by darkhorse01252

here here moldie we will look forward to a great night...Do you know the track then moldie????

i do m8

its a real ender inmvho

unfortunately neither of us has one :angry:

Guest kev such

has anyone got any pics from saturday night

i know a few people had cameras there

moldie

I've got some photo's from Saturday night guys, but dont think they will be of much help, there of the Cracker. Or did you mean your event, or photo's in general?

Sorry couldn't resist it.

Regards

Kev.

Your right Moldie, it is a great ender, and great sentiment eh?

I've got some photo's from Saturday night guys, but dont think they will be of much help, there of the Cracker. Or did you mean your event, or photo's in general?

Sorry couldn't resist it....you can post some pics in your thread or pm me some if you like

Regards

Kev.

Your right Moldie, it is a great ender, and great sentiment eh?

it reminds me of a quarter pounder with mushrooms...puts a big lump in my throat

hope you liked some of the tunes from our playlist...theres lots more in our boxes for august

regards moldie

Guest kev such

it reminds me of a quarter pounder with mushrooms...puts a big lump in my throat

hope you liked some of the tunes from our playlist...theres lots more in our boxes for august

regards moldie

Playlists are fine, guys.

Only rules at the Cracker are DANCE, DANCE, DANCE. Got to go home Cream Crackered.

Kev.

Playlists are fine, guys.

Only rules at the Cracker are DANCE, DANCE, DANCE. Got to go home Cream Crackered.

Kev.

then its dancers all the way...start to finnish

i always go home knackered but its my age not my dancing

lolol

we will do you proud

see you soon

moldie

send us some flyers when you have them

Just to let you all know ive broken my mobile phone so cant contact anyone until my new sim card comes. so i would of lost all my contacts so if anyone would like to pm me you contact number then i will add it when new card comes. its a long story buy will let peeps know if they see me and ask :thumbsup:

Must have been during that big hug you and Mischief were having wicked.gif

post-47-1180477521_thumb.jpg

Must have been during that big hug you and Mischief were having :thumbsup:

hug?

i thought that sumo wrestling had broken out

nice to see you lindsay thumbsup.gif

a couple of pics my sweet lady took during the evening.. hope there not to dark

omg who on earth is that in the last pic

looks like the worlds champion gurner

Just got in and would like to say a great thank you to all that came and made farnborough a great soul night and well worth carrying it on from me and the promoters.. Thanks for some great soulful tune from some some great local dj`s. (dave morris, paul mckay,mischief,danny,moldie and myself) play lists maybe to follow. once again thanks to all that made the effort to join us all. :wicked:

This looks like a top night with some good playlists there.

Is it a regular do? Who knows I might actually come outside of Kent!!!! :)

Well done guys, see you soon.

John.

This looks like a top night with some good playlists there.

Is it a regular do? Who knows I might actually come outside of Kent!!!! :wicked:

Well done guys, see you soon.

John.

hi john..it was a top night indeed. we have another one booked for 21st july with dave abbott and gary todd as quest djs. and if we have the same type of response as the first then we will be talking to farnborough fc to book up more, so i hope you will come out of kent :)

This looks like a top night with some good playlists there. ...the music was first class

Is it a regular do? Who knows I might actually come outside of Kent!!!! :wicked: ...this was chris and dannys first night..next one is 21st july...be good to see you down this way john

Well done guys, see you soon....cheers john

John.

Guest GrooveJunkies

well done guys, sounds like it was a great night :)

some superb music played ,top quality sounds giving the big boys a run for there money :wicked:

keep it soulful

john :D

well done guys, sounds like it was a great night :)

some superb music played ,top quality sounds giving the big boys a run for there money :wicked:

keep it soulful

john :D

cheers john

i thought id slip in a few goodies in my first set

i wanted to start playing at 6pm to get in lots of stuff i dont get to play but chris and dany wouldnt let me :angry: