Le Beat Bespoke - Easter Weekender

Guest Kolla

Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs, Ladies and Gentlemen! I know it's a bit early for posting up stuff for Easter but... well, I might forget later...

LE BEAT BESPOKE AT THE ROCKET

166 HOLLOWAY ROAD (TUBE), LONDON, N7 8DB

25/26/27 MARCH 2005 EASTER WEEKEND

A 3 DAY FEAST OF FUN & FULL ON PARTYING IN THE CITY OF SIN!!!

WITH GARAGE GROOVERS, BIG BOSS BEAT, RAUCOUS R&B,

RAUNCHY ROCK N ROLL, FAR OUT FREAKBEAT,

SOUL SHAKERS & GROOVY PSYCHEDELIC SOUNDS FROM

DJS AROUND THE GLOBE

FRIDAY 25TH

8PM-4AM

BRITISH R&B WITH

YARDBIRDS+NINE BELOW ZERO+LONG TALL SHORTY

+ 3 ROOMS OF CLUBBING

SATURDAY 26TH

8PM-6AM

CHOCOLATE WATCHBAND (USA 1ST TIME IN UK) + FUZZTONES (USA)

+ NEILS CHILDREN (UK)

SUNDAY 27TH

8PM-6AM

LOVE WITH ARTHUR LEE INC 1ST SHOW WITH ORIGINAL GUITARIST JOHNNY ECHOLS

+ FRANK POPP ENSEMBLE (GERMANY) + THEE EXCITERS

SAT DAYTIME 1-5PM

LOONS (USA) + MASTICA (ITALY)

SUNDAY DAYTIME 1-5PM

BUFF MEDWAYS + GAS MACH 5

13 LIVE BANDS, 3 ROOMS OF GROOVY TUNES, SPECIAL GUEST CLUB NIGHTS, ALLNIGHTERS, INTERNATIONAL DJ'S, BBC RADIO LONDON LIVE BROADCAST, PSYCHEDELIC LIGHT SHOW, GO GO DANCERS, MARKET STALLS, MOVIES, ART EXHIBITION, 'LE BEAT BESPOKE' FILM DEBUT, RECORD DEALERS and a SCOOTER RIDE-OUT.

NUTS DJ'S

DR ROBERT BAILEY, SPEED, PID, CHRIS DALE, SCOTT COPELAND,

BERTIE & STEVE + MICKY (VELVET ILLUSION), MARK RAISON (SHAKE),

ROGER BANKS, LIAM WATSON (TOERAG STUDIOS), PJ (DIRTY WATER)

+ INTERNATIONAL GUESTS

TONY' THE TYGER' SANCHEZ + MIKE STAX (USA)

ENEIDA FEVER + LOLO (SPAIN)

FRANTZ (ITALY)

STEPHAN GOLOWKA + FRANK POPP (GERMANY)

SPECIAL GUESTS CLUB NIGHTS

FRIDAY HOT ROCK N ROLL IN THE ROCKAROUND ROOM WITH DJ'S MOUSE & COSMIC KEITH

SAT 'SHAKE SOME ACTION' WITH SEAN ROWLEY & JIM LAHAT BBC RADIO LONDON + PAOLO HEWITT & BAX (YOUNG MODS FORGOTTEN STORY & THE FASHION OF FOOTBALL PUBLICATIONS)

SUNDAY 4 ROOMS OF CLUBBING

ACID JAZZ PARTY WITH EDDIE PILLER & DEAN RUDLAND +

MANCHESTERS NEW CENTURY NORTHERN SOUL ALLNIGHTER

FRIDAY 25 MARCH £17

SATURDAY 26 MARCH £17

SUNDAY 27 MARCH £20

DAYTIME EVENTS £6

LIMITED WEEKEND TICKET AVAILABLE £45 (SAVE £21)

TICKET WEB 08700 600 100

WWW.TICKETWEB.CO.UK

FOR FULL EVENT DETAILS CHECK

WWW.NEWUNTOUCHABLES.COM CLICK LE BEAT BESPOKE

MARKET (DAYTIME ONLY STALL ENQUIRES) CONTACT NEW.UNTOUCHABLES@VIRGIN.NET

-------------------------------------

Basically it's the Sunday that's probably of most interest to fellow Soul Sourcers as Frank Popp Ensemble will be playing [a brilliant band that have been off the road for a bit until Leigh, the vocalist, has her baby], followed by NEW CENTURY's FIRST LONDON ALL-NIGHTER :wicked:

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

FRIDAY HOT ROCK N ROLL IN THE ROCKAROUND ROOM WITH DJ'S MOUSE & COSMIC KEITH

Kolla, not being funny, but using my very limited knowledge of mod things. But wouldnt having a rocker bar incorporated into a mod weekend be asking for trouble??

And while we are on about mod things. I went to the mousetrap, and the purple turtle do's a few times, and it was full of guys and gals with long hair, and stuff, looking not very moddy at all. Whats the story? Morning Glory?

I just read that again, and it sounds too flippant. I am just interested on how all those facets of modernism, and the rockers, all seem to fit together.

Edited by in town Mikey

And while we are on about mod things. I went to the mousetrap, and the purple turtle do's a few times, and it was full of guys and gals with long hair, and stuff, looking not very moddy at all. Whats the story? Morning Glory?

link

You're thinking of the Freakbeat faction, Mikey! If you're familiar with the likes of Joe Meek then that's why and how the swirly people slot nicely into the mod scene.

As for that rock and roll bit... well, err, umm ... PASS! - I'm only the messenger :wicked:

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All

Have been busy so have not got our flyer ready for this event yet, but we will be having a warm up event on the Hollway road at a boozer called Barcosa 7pm till 12am and its free and then onto the Rocket with the Allnighter starting at 12am until 6 with Guy Hennigan, Jo Wallace, Roger Banks, Ady Lupton, Mick H and Neil Rushton more info when i am ready!

Cheers

Chris W

Guest in town Mikey

and how the swirly people slot nicely into the mod scene.

cough cough!

link

Actually if I remember rightly Janine, it was you and Nick Brown who took me down the purple pusseycat. 3 hours of elevator music on acid, all ended with 2 tracks by David Bowie and Rod Stewart.

Dragged out of Duncan Bainbridge's party too, Crikes that was a long night :wicked:

Swirly people?

That has made me :shades: so much i`m in pain,

Now i`m not trying to insult anyone here but are they the Austin Powers type folks that turn up at the 100 club from time to time?.

Ive never heard that expression before but from now on they will be known as the swirly people, ive tried to type this reply 3 times but i cant stop laughing.

tongue.gif:shhh::wicked:

Garv.

Tell you what if you are in to R'n'B you should pop down to the R'n'R room you maybe surprised... personaly I got fed up with the music being played on the rocking scene as it went to 60's for me!!!!

think about it Doo wop and 40's and 50's R'n'B... some seeds may have been sown there....

Only if your there pop in.... the rockin scene has a lot of differnt types of music like the soul scene..... differnt tastes.. differnt styles.. whistling.gif

Litle Stevie,

Not sure what you mean!, as i said no offence was intended to anyone it was the expression i found funny ( still do).

Do you find "Austin Powers type folk" an insult...

I do not care what people wear & if they turn up then they must have an interest in the music. GOOD

Have you never heard/ read something that just tickles the funny bone ??, If this is the group/crew/tribe/folks....( delete as you please)

that the expression "swirly people" applys too then i thought it was quite endearing because they have that 60`s vibe...... hipters, frilly shirts, cuban heels.......so on & so on & swirly people seemed to be a perfect expression.

Hope that clears it up for you as no insult was intended whistling.gif

Garv.

Edited by garv
Guest dundeedavie

Actually if I remember rightly Janine, it was you and Nick Brown who took me down the purple pusseycat. 3 hours of elevator music on acid, all ended with 2 tracks by David Bowie and Rod Stewart.

Dragged out of Duncan Bainbridge's party too, Crikes that was a long night  :thumbsup:

link

bloody hell , the purple pussycat ...i went once and what a night that was !!!! hospital visits et al whistling.gif

Davie

Its all about the music maaaan! I think The Showmen summed it up well in " It Will Stand" ......." Take some heart- beat, and drum beat- finger poppin and stompin' feet - little dances that look so neat....." whistling.gif

Guest Andy BB

"I went to the mousetrap, and the purple turtle do's a few times, and it was full of guys and gals with long hair, and stuff, looking not very moddy at all. Whats the story? Morning Glory?"

Two distinct Mousetrap allnighters these days Mike.

One for the Swirlies playing Beat, Garage etc

One for the rest playing Northern Soul, RnB and Club Soul

The latter is a bloody good night.