Bitchdj

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

any chance of an audio clip or label scan anyone? still would like to know if it is related to the millage group.

If someone has a tip on good FREE sound file conversion software to download I can post a sound file later, if no one else beats me to it. I can't post a full size WAV though...

Social source share

Could be samne group but Millage is Pittsburg and Kayham is West Coast I think. Soul Harmony Singles gives no details of the Kayham Captions.

thanks for the info, I assumed the kayham group was LA given it's the otis jackson song, but didn't know that millage was pittsburgh (I thought it was detroit for some reason, I guess I was wrong).

The otis jackson version sounds way better to me, that captions almost sounds white. I love that millage record though. Is the other side of the kayham record any good?

Social source share

thanks for the info, I assumed the kayham group was LA given it's the otis jackson song, but didn't know that millage was pittsburgh (I thought it was detroit for some reason, I guess I was wrong).

The otis jackson version sounds way better to me, that captions almost sounds white. I love that millage record though. Is the other side of the kayham record any good?

White or not, the Captions is more special, atmospheric and has more "x factor" IMO. Otis Jackson sounds more ordinary. Speaking of Millage and white groups, were the Four Reputations white?

Social source share

White or not, the Captions is more special, atmospheric and has more "x factor" IMO. Otis Jackson sounds more ordinary. Speaking of Millage and white groups, were the Four Reputations white?

I agree it's more atmospheric, I collect group soul and the group isn't as strong, though, which is why maybe I like it less. I have the four reputations as the more common presentations on AMM, I just listened to it again and the lead sort of sounds white, but I'm not sure. They harmonize pretty well on the flip of the presentations, better than most garage groups.

Social source share

i too collect group soul...the captions is actually not a patch on the otis version vocally altho it is smoother flowing.....they dont sound white to me but hey ho nowt wrong with a bit of blue eyed soul anyway......

cookie :thumbsup:

On the flip of the Captions, which is an anti smoking song 'Nicotine Stains'...they dont sound white! A doo wop group, I think? But, white, brown or pink, the Captions , when it is played loud, eclipses the Otis version...and I have had both. Its at the point where they go up a few octaves and im afraid that Otis just cant go there, But, really, to me, they are two different records and BOTH very, very good. The Captions falls in to the 'haunting' category!! :wicked:

Social source share

On the flip of the Captions, which is an anti smoking song 'Nicotine Stains'...they dont sound white! A doo wop group, I think? But, white, brown or pink, the Captions , when it is played loud, eclipses the Otis version...and I have had both. Its at the point where they go up a few octaves and im afraid that Otis just cant go there, But, really, to me, they are two different records and BOTH very, very good. The Captions falls in to the 'haunting' category!! :lol:

have to agree with the above as regard to colour - totally irrelevant when the sound they make is sooooooo good! ticks all of the right boxes for me - Otis is good but this is "haunting" like the man said and one of those tunes i'd never get rid of. i'd put the kids on ebay before my copy of this!

martin

Social source share

Source Advert